Hi there!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

peepsmommy718

Hi there!

Post by peepsmommy718 »

Hi, my name is Sam. My baby is a Lutino Ringneck named Peep.
She is just a baby right now, and has been weaned only for about a month.
I'm here to get advice on what to do when i need to teach her stuff.
at my parents house, my mother and I took care of about 10 birds, and sometimes i took care of them myself when she was on vacations.
But now i'm out on my own, and I have this ONE bird, and i panic! :shock:
she is right now going through her first burst of hormones, and is just getting comfortable in my home, and pushing her boundaries.
Haha, so i conclusion, of my long winded post, i am just here to get advice, thanks in advance if you can give me some!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Sam and Peep, welcome.

Sounds like Peep is around the same age as the Lutinos I have here.

They are such great birds, sure you will have lots of fun.....and trying times lol...with peep over the years. :)
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family to you and Peep .. :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

Welcome to the family PeepsMommy718 and Peep! Nice to have you here!
peepsmommy718

I regret to announce...

Post by peepsmommy718 »

I am now working two jobs, and attending college classes.
I am sending peep to live at my parents house. she is not getting nearly enough time and attention. i understand that birds are similar to little people. they are trapped in the decisions that the people around them make. its simply not fair that she has to sit alone all day more often than not.
it makes me sad, but its only fair :(
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

i understand why your doing it, but working two jobs nad studing you can have a bird too, they learn to adapt to your lifestyle.

i work, study full time, full time mum and own a business. and i still have time for my boy.

Even if they only get an hour out with you a day they are happy. i leave Amazon out of his cage all the time even if im not home, providing the doors and windows are shut, and he normally stays on his cage, when he goes to bed i close his door and when i go to bed i open his door so in the morning he doesnt wake me and can get out himself.

But its your decison on what is best for peep
Sharlene and Amazon
peepsmommy718

wow

Post by peepsmommy718 »

i didn't know i could do that. i'm tying to play with her for at least three hours a day. its usually spaced apart. in the morning for as long as I can, after i get out of school, for about an hour, before i have to go to work. thats just a normal day. but yeah i try to get her out as much as possible, and she is out of her cage all day. i just felt guilty.but i'm glad that someone else is able to do this too. thank you!!!