fruit or veggies

Moderator: Mods

xx_sheena_xx

fruit or veggies

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

what is your IRN's favourite fruit or vegtable?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Gee thats a hard one as each ringie has their own preference.

All my birds love corn, apple, and strawberries. I think corn and apple would have to rank as favourite at the moment. I find that they go crazy for a particular fruit/veg, then after a couple of weeks they decide something else is the "flavour of the month" lol
heedcase

Post by heedcase »

Apple and carrot.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Lola: Strawberry, Banana, Corn, Pumpkin (mashed). (Lola pretty much devours anything that I give her though, she has no dislikes, so far!).
Jibby: Apple, Grapes, Pumpkin (mashed), Celery at the moment, but hes likes variety and gets bored with something, if I give it to him too much, like brocolli, he sick to death of. But if I dont give it too him for a little while, he loves it! One fruit he has always hated, is banana. I dont know why. Lola loves it.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

ok ty for your replies, my IRN dont seem to like any vegtables they like apple and oranges but they absolutly love kiwi fruit! is there any fruit or veggies that contain calcuim? because my IRN wont eat cuttle bone or shell grit
Dolphinheart

Post by Dolphinheart »

pinkdevil wrote:Gee thats a hard one as each ringie has their own preference.

All my birds love corn, apple, and strawberries. I think corn and apple would have to rank as favourite at the moment. I find that they go crazy for a particular fruit/veg, then after a couple of weeks they decide something else is the "flavour of the month" lol

My siren is the same pinkdevil - at the moment apple, pear and carrot. Does not like strawberries at all
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Strawberries and Apple are great hits, but he won't touch Banana!
We haven't tried him on any other fruit/veg yet.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

xx_sheena_xx wrote:ok ty for your replies, my IRN dont seem to like any vegtables they like apple and oranges but they absolutly love kiwi fruit! is there any fruit or veggies that contain calcuim? because my IRN wont eat cuttle bone or shell grit

Boiled or scrabbled egg + crushed shell (excellent source of calcium). I feed this once a week, or add it to theyre favourite vegie mash of pumpkin + pumpkin seed, brocolli, corn and whatever else I find to mash up or blend up. I found that if they dont eat the vegies as they are, they will eat them as a mash. If anyones having troubles getting them to eat vegies, try a mash or if you have a blender, use it! :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

thank you lauren :D
laine

Post by laine »

Smokey loves apples, grapes, banana and mango. He will eat anything else as long as I eat it first !!!! :lol: :lol: He will eat fruit in the morning and only eat vegies at dinner time with me at night - I think he believes he is human :lol: He also loves walnuts as a special treat.
LAAnnie

Post by LAAnnie »

Corn (fresh on the cob).
Carrots
Apples
Grapes
Mango (fresh or dried)
Soybeans (edamame), steamed for 2 min. Her favorite, full of protein.
Almonds
Scrambled egg

Other favorite foods: yogurt, granola, cheese, pasta. She will try anything that I'm eating, and throw it at me if she doesn't like it.

Hates: bananas (but will eat the peel); broccoli; spinach
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

my IRNs like carot now they also like egg
WasasMum

Post by WasasMum »

Wasa loves most fruits and veg.

Apple and Grapes are his all time fave, oh and frozen passionfruit for those hot summer days, kiwi fruit because of the seeds in it. Snow Peas are his fave veg though and he goes through and eats the peas out before eating the pod... So gorgeous.

And then whenever we have eggs for brekky we always do one up for him with the shell all crushed up for him and you should see the little turn he puts on until it is served up for him in his house lol... silly little bugger.