Bar Spacing in cages

Moderator: Mods

kramer79

Bar Spacing in cages

Post by kramer79 »

Hello,

I ended up choosing a different cage and am about to order it but I am having a serious doubt regarding bar spacing.

http://www.teonikeo.com/vercategoria.ph ... RA%20LOROS

The cage named Italia seems a bit small to me, whereas the one named Suiza is the one we wanted to get Kiwi. The problem is the bar spacing is 3/4 on the Suiza model. Will that be a problem? I don't think she'll be able to squeeze her head in between two bar, nor does she seem interested in doing so with her current cage (smaller bar spacing)

If anyone could help it would be very much appreciated.
Janet

Cage bar spacing

Post by Janet »

Hi, When I first got my birds I had a cage with a wider bar spacing and had to swap it. They would go up into the top corner and squeeze their heads through to get a bird's eye view of what was going on. Unfortunately, they found it very difficult to get their heads back through and I was terrified they were going to hang themselves. After an argument with the pet shop owner who recommended the first cage, he agreed to swap it for one with a narrower bar size. I've had no problems since then. I was amazed by how small a space was required to squeeze their heads through.

Regards,
Janet (Floss and Bird's mum)