Uh-oh!

Moderator: Mods

ElliottsMomma

Uh-oh!

Post by ElliottsMomma »

We just discovered that Elliott hates the color pink! The only problem with that is I am having a little girl in November! I was setting up some of the baby's things today and Elliott freaked out everytime something pink came near him! He didn't mind anything else, just the pink stuff. I tried to get close to him with a pink baby sock to show him that it wasn't going to hurt him and he squaked like crazy and ran away from me. I don't want to be too pushy, so I am leaving some of the pink out by his cage so he will hopefully get used to it, but he won't go near that side of the cage at all. What should I do?
Dolphinheart

Post by Dolphinheart »

no idea what you should do but found it facinating that a bird could hate a colour - wow look forward to seeing what is offered up as help for this one :)
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

IM sorry your baby doesnt like pink my boy didnt like red and he just got over it im not sure how though.

So cool you having a girl in Novemeber i just had my girl in July
Sharlene and Amazon
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

Sky hates orange. :D He goes after any of his many multicolored toys with orange on them. It's funny. It doesn't seem to be bothering him a lot. He usually just chews on them, but sometimes his eyes will pin and his head feathers fluff and he goes into aggressive mode. He never bites me when I go and pick him up right after one of those episodes. Does yours?
ElliottsMomma

Post by ElliottsMomma »

Congrats on the baby girl Amazonite! I didn't think I wanted a girl until I started shopping for her! They have so much more for little girls!

Elliott has never tried to bite me after a "pink episode" If I am holding something pink he willnot come to me tho.

I thought that putting a pink toy in his cage would help him, so I went to the petstore today and bought a pink pig pinata. I filled it with all kinds of goodies and hung it next to his favorite perch. He will not even go to that side of the cage. It has been hanging in there for over an hour and he is not happy about it. I am going to take it out in a few minutes so he can go to sleep but I am going to put it back in there tomorrow and see if I can't coax him over to it.
laine

Post by laine »

congratulations for you little girl. Smokey doesn't really dislike any colors except my grey Gym ball. I don't know if its the ball or the grey but either way he freaks when I bring it out.