Baby Pictures from the breeder! (pics)

Moderator: Mods

bastard_x5

Baby Pictures from the breeder! (pics)

Post by bastard_x5 »

okay so as you guys know im getting a ringneck on the 25th and ive already paid my deposit...i havent exactly picked one yet but i will soon here are the pics enjoy lol and help me decide!!!

im leaning towards the one looking up on the last pic ( blue one) or the albino
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

steal them ALL!!!!!!
then send some to me :)

seriously: i suggest you decide when you get there.
if you want a bird with personality plus see what one is dead keen to check you out when you get there.
looks like one of the blues (the one standing alert on the top of the cage) or the albino have a real explorers personality
Adam and Dude
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

yah ive already went there and played with them! you are right the ones you pointed out of the three are the most keep explorers the other one was shy! ahh i dont know which one should i pic so until the 25th its blue or white white or blue lol im going nuts!
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

ok as for a name im going with fawkes (dumbldore's pheonix's name is fawkes) but i might wait till i actually get him then name him
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Oh decisions decisions.......well colourwise I would definately go for the white lol. But like Gemstone said wait till you go back then maybe let the bird choose you!! :D

I think once you have had a play with them, then you will find the "right" one.

Good luck, you can do better than me at trying to choose just ONE. lol

8)
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

when sharlene and i went to pick up amazon he was the one out of the 3 that stood out, he was trying to defend his bothers and sisters (there were 3 there) the other 2 were trying to hid in the corner, thats why we chose him.

when it came to choosing dude because i was the breeder i saw the different personalities, ollie (the older one by a day or 2) had already been reserved, and when it came time to sell the other one, i got the choice, and boy did i mate the right one.

looking back on it, dude was always the handful, he actually perched and took flight before his siblings, as well as a few other tricks he would play on me, he stood out before his first feather appeared.
Adam and Dude
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

I am so jealous I have to wait until April for our new baby.
Allie
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

ive read your other post calamari lol i still have to wait till the 25th which seems like two decades and a half lol im thrilled though

by the way are you absoloutly sure u have to wait till spring? have you looked around for other breeders in your area that might have a clutch? but from what it sounds about your breeders i think it would be worth the wait
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

I have tried to contact a couple other breeders nearby but end up with no tame hand fed babies. So I think it was meant to be her pricing is 150 for all colors or IRN's. She spends the same amount of time and attention on all the birds so charges the same prices no matter the color. having two small kids of my own I am use to waiting for something special so this experience is exciting. I will keep up on the boards here, even though I haven't got my baby yet but plan to check up on everyone else and keep sharing what I am going through. I can't wait to see which baby you bring home.
Allie
threio

Post by threio »

great baby pics, they are so cute. :)
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

thanks guys

calamari which color would you go for? i really wanted a lutino, but she didnt have any till next year...and im not really known for my patience :P lol but blue was my second choice anyways

ive decided to go with the one looking up the one that i played with and seemed to be intreasted lol

CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

Well, The Blues got me interested in the first place. So I hope my first one will be blue. That Blue that you picked looks soooooo pretty. I like the name, too. I know you will want to see if the name really suits him/her first. Maybe you guys should watch Harry Potter together right when he /she comes home. :)
I have already started a baby birdie names list. As it gets closer I will post my top names and see what everyone thinks.
Allie
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

haha prob :D im soo excited, i have a huge really expensive cage set up that my neighbour gave to me its really heavy and doesnt have a single rust on it, i think he used to keep an amazon in it, as for the name i like fawkes but im not sure if its the best but well see ill keep you updated on more pics soon too
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Check this out a great vid example of the blue and how it looks in its full adult male glory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bauj-buxRDc&NR=1

:D Looks just like our Kai
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

ryelle

Post by ryelle »

who owns the bird in that video Kyria?

ive seen that video tonnes! we show our fid it so he can talk to him :)
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

ive watched that video sooo many times i agree that IRN was a big presuading part and god does he look so sleek and clean and smart eh? i think im gonna ask my breeder to dna sex the chicks...before i make a choice
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

yes, i just talked to my breeder! my ringneck should be ready in a week thyre all ready eating by thier own
countrygal_cc

White!

Post by countrygal_cc »

I like the white one "=)
Park outside where the air is cool...
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

the white one is a hen :D i thought she was cute too lol
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

ill get better pictures soon , i took those with my laptops built in camera so its not so good, hes settling in nicely but a little bit shy and jumpy im guessing new sounds and smells lol.....hes VERY cooperative when i bring him colorfull treats lol
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

What a gorgeous bird.

He looks so young with his short tail :)

Well done :)
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Arrrrrrrrrgh I LOVE BUBBY CHICKIES. LOL Adorables!!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

He is wonderful! Congatulations!
Allie
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

we named him peanut :D! sort of just fit im sending the dna sample on monday cant wait, either way i dont really care much for the sex lol
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

thnx u guys!
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

heres some more pics of peanut, hes def having a more and more defined personality , im taking him everywhere with me...and hes made friends with the kitten '' the kitten is scared of his beak'' dont worry its always supervised lol

Image perching on my mother in laws shoulder lol

robin.s

Post by robin.s »

he is gorgeous!! i liked from the first set of photos hehe he was my pick! congrats!!
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

Your baby is a beautiful color!!
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

thanks you guys! sky i love your baby too!
Huby

Post by Huby »

Awww he/she's gorgeous!! Such a cute little face!!! Baby ringnecks are adorable!! :D
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

hey guys Havent posted in a while ,i have more pics on my camera that ill upload later i took these ones with the laptop's built in camera coz i thought it was soo cute lol thyre a bit grainy

peanut taking an afternoon nap with bubbles and milo

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

:shock: :shock: That is one placid cat and one brave birdie there.

I wouldn't be able to trust my cat, she eyes the birds off all the time. I have to lock her up when the birds are out of their cages.
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

lol peanut is a ferocious ringneck!

the first week we got him here, we had my partners brother's dog staying with us, and peanut would fly off his perch land on the floor walk up to the dog and bite his tongue when the dog is panting lol, the breeder raised the chicks around dogs and cats they're well socialized and not scared at all!

when ever the cats lay on the table where peanuts cage is he goes ballistic , climbs down from the top of his cage shrieks bloody murder and attacks them lol never underestimate the power of his beak!

they have a love hate relationship, peanut will specifically climb up the couch where the cats are sleeping and take a nap there he loves the soft fur, the cats dont mind him either coz he preens them till he falls as sleep lol
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

ill try and take a video lol