its over

Moderator: Mods

Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

I think that feather damage like that is caused from stress and the sooner you move the better it will be for Tango. I have a fiery shouldered conure that does that to her wings when she is stressed and also my african grey that used todo that before I got her because of stress she was locked in her cage all the time with a heavy blanket over her in a room all by herself she would chew her fethers she had no toy and a very small cage. I rescued her she doesn't chew her feathers anymore. I think your landlord is terrorizing her when you are not home and she is very stressed the sooner you move the sooner she will stop chewing her feathers.
leo

Post by leo »

seems like im not moving anytime soon...i cant find any place that accept pet...worse it is a bird, they are afraid of bird flu.......

thanks raja's mum and darlene...
i email a very kind and expiriance breader and they say it is not true that molting has cause the feahter problems...

she said it is most probably is that tantgo has overpreen herself and what cause her to do so is the eather is too dry...i gave her more seed in the diet but still maintain the pallet diet...i also give her preening toys

since she cant fly complately now, i will bring her outdoor to get acustom to outside and when the wing grows back, maybe take another few month till the big molt arive, then she should be more comfortable outside...

laely she always do the male dance...the truth will be out together with the new wing...hehe...
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

Thats ridiculus I don't think that pet parrots have a problem with the bird flu. I think its mostly chickens and Turkeys that are carriers of the bird flu. You could go to a vet and get her checked for bird flu and ask the doctor for something in writing to say that Tango doesn't have or carry the bird flu virus that way you could show new landlords the document from the vet. at least that way they might except your bird as an ok pet to keep . I hope she calms down for you I'm worried about her and she is not even mine I think about her often trying to think of something that might help her. Mabie if she stops screaming your landlord won't come into your place when your not there. Thats what I think is stressing her out. A stranger coming in when your not there to protect her. mabie you should change your locks so he can't get in. and don't give him a key until Tango is back to her sweet self again. he might get angry but just keep telling him you will have to get another key cut for him and then say oh I forgot I'll get one tomorrow. as you know tomorrow never comes because tomorrow turns into today. LOL get it Haha
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

I agree with Raja's_mom. Since you have had the feather chewing problem with Tango, I have researched a lot about the feather plucking and chewing, And like Raja's_mom, I am also concerned about Tango. She has been through a lot when she flew away and was so lucky to get back to you. You feed her good and take care of her good. So it isn't anything you are doing wrong. I believe it is the stress of what Tango is going through with your landlord. Mabey that's why she flew away. Just keep looking and have proof that Tango is clean and healthy. And she is not a chicken or turkey and is a domestic pet. The people there are afraid becouse they are not educated about these things. But if you keep trying and talking to people, you may find someone who knows the differance between farm animals and a domestic pet. And will help you connect with someone who will rent to you. We do care about you and Tango, and just want to see you both happy and doing good.
Leo, I did read in one of the web sites for special needs parrots and products that they have given parrots with feather chewing and plucking problems a calcium additive in there food about three times a week, and it has helped. I also read that aloe vera is a very good treatment for wounds and skin irritations, but not to use it on the feathers. I believe aloe helped to heal Tangos wound, but if applied directly to the feathers it may cause the parrot to chew the feathers.
There are so many causes of feather chewing and plucking, it is a complicated thing to work out. But in your case and from everything you have told us. I believe Tango is under stress and she is chewing her feathers from stress. As soon as she don't have to be around that evil landlord any more, I think he/ or she will get better.
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

Oh, a question: How can your landlord just walk into your apartment and do anything they want while you are gone? This is illegal and while you are renting, you have rights and they can't enter your place without your permission.
anouther question: You wouldn't leave Tango outdoors alone while you are away would you? I would be worried very much about her safety, unless you were there to protect her and bring her in from bad weather. And if dogs or other animals knocks her cage over to get to her, or if someone came and let her out of her cage or even stole her. These are some of the things I would worry about.
I really hope everything gets worked out for you and Tango. :(
leo

Post by leo »

sory for the late reply
im just renting a room of the apartment, so actually we are staying together...i realise that if i rent another room, the same old problem will rise again...so, i decided to rent the whole apartment...it is like 5 times more expensive,but fortunately my parent agree and support me as thy know tango play some part of me getting mygood result in school...

the problem is the property pricing is facing up and down, so, very little people want to rent their properties

on tango now...he is now have no more biting problem, screaming is only in the morning...everything is getting back to normal...the feather problem is still unsolve...but the feather geting less dry as i add seed in the diet...the destroyed feather will remind as what it is or worse...till they regrow...

the dna sexing org replied that they will not do the retest, but the result should be 99% accurate...

lately tango do alot of male dance...and look alot like male...
the truth will be up in 1 yaer time
hehe
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

:) Hi Leo,
I'm glad to hear that you have support in renting the whole apartment instead of just one room. This way you have the whole apartment to yourself and have more control. Question: Does this mean whoever is liveing in the apartment will have to move out, if you are renting it by yourself? Tango would have more room for playtime when you are home and would not have to deal with other people who don't know or care about her. So this may work out better for you and Tango.
And it is good news that Tango is getting better.
leo

Post by leo »

no, i m the 1 who is moving out...rent an empty house...yup...
i start bringing tango out with me...so he get the chance to know the world outside the house...so, i will make use of the disaster(the feather chewing) make something useful out of it....

what do you think about the idea darlene?
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

This is good news Leo, I think a lot of stress for you and Tango will get better after you move. And if you Take Tango outside while you are there with him, it can be a good thing. if he can see you there and he is not alone, then it won't be too scary for him. Will you have Tango in his cage while you are outside? So there won't be anouther fly away?
Luna has an outside cage that I bring outside on warm sunny days, so she can get her UVs and she watches the little squirrels that run around. One day Luna saw a hummingbird feeding at the feeder close to her cage and she said " Whatcha doing??" .... " get out of that!!" HA! :lol:
leo

Post by leo »

haha...she was funny...

hmm, tango will be on my shoulder when she is out, she cant fly at all, she practically has no wings
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

Yes and I hope Tango has learned it is a lot safer staying close to you. He has learned to depend on you, so he may not want to fly off your shoulder. One time when I went outside with Luna on my shoulder, something spooked her and she jumped down onto the grass, but she couldn't get airborn to fly, so it was easy to catch her. Lunas wings were clipped just leaving enough to flutter to the floor if she jumped down, so she wouldn't hit the floor like a rock. I got Luna a flight suit and a harness so I could put one of them on her to take her outside. But she hates both of them and gets too upset when I try to put it on her. It is a nice way to enjoy your IRN when you can take them out to spend some time with them. I always watch for any cats when I take Luna outside. Sometimes they hide under the bushes to prey on the wild birds and squirrels.
leo

Post by leo »

this morning tango did the male dance to his toy, the toy was red colour, he attack it and do the dance then int he end put i leg on top of it, i was like thinking, this bird must be posses by a dog(putting 1 leg onthe toys is usually dog behaviour)hahaha...

he said tango, what u doing, good boy, arrrrrr, yes and all those...
all like really unclear, have to hear it properly before i catch it, but he try to learn so many before he even master 1` word...

does any body IRN like that?

thanks
greeny

Post by greeny »

Yes Leo, I have had birds do that. When they get excited sometimes they say all the words fast in a row. I don't know why. Tango will improve the pronouciation with time. My birds got clearer as they got older.
leo

Post by leo »

thanks greeny, hmm, if i was not wrong, you are taj owner arent you?
the you tube bird, the amazing talking IRN,?
sorry if i was wrong...hehe...

if let say tango has destroy all the wing feather, he is about a year now, how long deos he going to grow back the wing, i mean like how many molt...

i ask some breader via email, they said some baby parrot just overpreen the feather and it will be okay after the molt...i just hope that will be the case of tango, cos he is really look happy now adays...

he will chater away in the morning eventhough he is in the toilet...and he never bite again...'

thanks alot greeny
Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

once Tango goes through her next molt all those chewed feathers will be replaced with brand new ones, Please keep an eye on those feathers because she will be able to fly with just a couple new ones. Make sure as soon as they are finished growing to clip them or she will fly off your shoulder and be gone again, make sure you check them all the time she will pull those wrecked feathers out so new ones come in quicker. she will do this even before she molt so check those wing feathers often.
leo

Post by leo »

sorry for my absence lately...

i brought tango to vet...he said tango has no medical isue, the chewing is cause by the trimmed feather irritating him, may be poking him...

most probably will be alright after molting