its over

Moderator: Mods

leo

its over

Post by leo »

im making it very fast

tango is gone...

no body know,i just went back home, and couldent find tango in the cage...

he escape from the door of the food dish, i did not put in one of the food container today as i was sunning it, usually it was okay, but i don't know how he open door...

the window was open as usual, i was hoping he did not fly out, but he cant be found anywhere in the house...
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

tango im so sorry for your loss.

Youll be in my thoughts.
-Justin
Bella

Post by Bella »

have you search around locally for her?
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
leo

Post by leo »

no. it was late at 11.20 pm when i found her gone....

i was planing to find him tomorow morning and absent for school...

but for that, i have to finish all the work to make up for tommorow absence
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Aces Wild

Post by Aces Wild »

Oh no! I hope you are able to find her!!! Poor Tango! You are in my thoughts!
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

oh noe that is sad Tango i hope you find her soon
Sharlene and Amazon
leo

Post by leo »

guys, im in a deep **** of trouble...

i was not really in the right mind since last night, and being grumpy fro not able to catch a sleep...

in the moning, i set out at 6, usually tango start to make morning call at 6.20

so i went around trying to find him in the middle of the brances...

it was already 7.45, i did not see tango at all...

then i went to the nearest birdmart(also the bigest bird mart in sinapore) thinking tango might be atracted to the morning call from the bird there

i saw one old man playing with 4-5 month blue irn baby and i aware enought that actually those baby are trying to attack his finger...

cruelly, he pinch the birds toe when he is grabing the cage bar until the baby scream and hung for few seconds (the toe was pinched, so, got hanged as the bird try to run away from pain) and he loughed...

i tell him not to do that, and he still do that. i did not know what im thinking, i punched him that he fainted...after a bout 20 minute, he woke up, and tell me that he will see me in the court

then i went back to my search of tango, i saw a bunch of crow cirling around, look like targeting on prey...and those was normal here...usually they pray on wild IRN

but the horror is, they are aiming for tango. i did not notice that untill i see 1 of them slaming in to the tree and saw tango fly off from thet tree and followed by the crows. he fly so fast and i cant follow them...

tango wing is semiclipped, surely he cant be faster than those crow and guys, im 99.99999999% sure tango was already eaten.

anybody, can tell me what to do....i don't know what to do too
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

i wuold go back and see if you could see where tango was when your saw her fly off.

Then search around there. If its close to your house she has to be around there somewhere.

Good luck.
-Justin
Briony

Post by Briony »

i hope u fnd her leo *hugs

and i wouldnve punched him as well, cruelty to animals is something i wont tolerate

good luck :)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Oh that is terrible news :(

I hope Tango is safe and well and will be coming back home for her dinner.

Even though it probably not the right thing to do....on the quiet I am glad you hit that cruel man.

Try not to give up hope on Tango just yet.

Keep looking and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and Tango.
leo

Post by leo »

i ask the help of the bird mart personel to negociate with the man,
he said he will see what he can do

anyway, there was no news on tango yet, may be she has been in the stomach of the crows :cry:
leo

Post by leo »

i asked the the shop owner to sue the man as he pinch the bird leg, so in this case, he will have to drop my case if he want the shop owner to drop his case...

over here the pinching bird legs is as heavy as shop lifting, i hope it will work, if not i will be sent back and my student pass in singapore will be terminated... :cry:
countrygal_cc

Use A Bread or Trashbag Tie on Cage Doors

Post by countrygal_cc »

Leo, I was shocked to get your e-mail about losing tango. I hope you will find tango I would go out and keep searching for her if she knows that one area a lot maybe she will stay in that area and I hope the crows did not get her. I sure don't blame you for punching that guy you are under a lot of stress without tango and then to see someone being mean to an irn would throw me over the edge too. I always use bread ties or trash bag ties to close the cages you are supposed to never leave all cage doors without a tie on them one time I had buttercup outside and I didn't have a tie on her cage well I looked outside in just the right time and she was sitting on top of the cage from then on I have never went without a tie if you can't find tango and get another irn please remember to do this it is sad when you lose your birds and I hope in my heart you will find tango. I wouldn't want to lose cupcake. Cupcake still can't fly good. Tangos wings must have been pretty growed out to take off and fly... Let me know if you find tango. Misty
Park outside where the air is cool...
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:cry: Oh LEO! I am sooo sorry!! I'm shocked!! Cant imagine how your feeling right now. *BIGGEST HUGS!* Stay strong sweetheart! I'm wishing Tango will return and the crows left him alone. :( Keep looking. He wont be far away.

Oh Leo, I'd punch that guy too! Animal cruelty is disgusting and I hope that guy gets a heavy sentence. Can you argue that you were not in the right mind because of the loss of your beloved pet?

My thoughts are with you. :(
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
greeny

Post by greeny »

This is a story so sad I almost cannot read it. I am so sorry Leo, so, so sorry.

You never know, maybe there will be luck and Tango will get away or something will happen good.

As for the man, well, he was being cruel to a baby bird. You can say you just pushed him to try and stop him, something like that. I would be totally angry at sucha man too and it was wrong what he was doing. No wonder some birds become so distrustful of people.

I am so shocked and sad about what is going on with Tango. We all support you here and hope for the best.

Mary
leo

Post by leo »

i was just out from the jail, he put the case on pending
tommorow we wil negociate with him again

tango has never been seen again, but the cage was still at the window
Fah

Post by Fah »

Heya. Unfortunately the law in most countires, regardless of their stance against animal cruelty, will not lean "lightly" against a person who throws a punch.

I loath animal cruelty, however in Australia, one of the countries with great animal cruelty regulations, a person who hits another person in a dispute such as this will face assault charges.

Your heightened emotions might be a valid good behaviour pass, however if you want to act the part, act regretful and not like a vigilanty doing justice for the animals....

I am sorry for your loss.
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

leo am so sorry to hear tango got away i know exactly how you feel i was distraught when cookie flew away and it is horrible to see other birds swoop them and try to attack them exactly what happened to cookie many hugs
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

Leo, IRNs are tough and they are little survivors. So mabey it isn't too late and there is still hope. I really feel your pain and sadness. If your baby doesn't make it back, mabey it would help you to at least rescue one of the blue IRNs that was being torchured. In Leos memory. But I will still hope that Tango will be found. :cry:
leo

Post by leo »

hi, thanks for everybody's support and concern...

the punching case was settled, actually, h was a parrot lover and wanted to keep parrot, but failed for afew times as the shopkeeper he bought the parrot and supplies from give him wrong teaching ( keep buying toys and medication )...his parrots were become agrasive, teritorial and screamers... so he gave up, frustation bring him to hate parrot as he already spent thousand for the lies and think parrots suck, but

he wanted to try to keep 1 more parrot and wanted me to guide him,
so we are friend now, even though im 19 and he is 49(he look like 55 to me, hehe)

anyway, about tango,hmmmmmmmmmm
cant find him, i miss her so much....... :cry:
still searching though
laine

Post by laine »

Soooo sorry to hear about Tango. Keep looking out for her as you never know what may happen. Hugs and thoughts to you xxx
leo

Post by leo »

thanks alot guys...

alana, justasking,how you feel when you lost cookie?
reallysory to dig back the old memories, but
i felt some how tango will return to me, just a very strong feeling and it make me felt unconfortable...

very unconvertable...
you felt that way before? any ways to deal with it?

anyway, i know i shouldnot hung too much hope there...
leo

Post by leo »

the man whom i punched agreed to purchased all the 4 baby blue IRN and 3 big cages.
he ask me to help him tame the bird. by coming to his house everyday and help him interect with the bird till they are okay. 1 section S$20, he insisted.
and he will give me 1 of them...
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

:( What a terrible ordeal you have been through .. I am so sorry. Prayers for you and for tango .. Hugs !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

leo

Post by leo »

i saw tango today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he did not die.......i dont know how he escaped, but i saw her with a bunch of IRN, the greens...but, his wing is beeding and i called him, but he ignores me :cry: ...

but he look depress there,like all the other IRN don't want him, i asked the shop keeper, he said, the rest don't want him because 1st, he is clipped, he can't fly seen to them as sick bird, and she is yellow,they wil become a target of predator...

but i don't understand, why she ignore me? i keep searching where she flies...she is strugling to follow the bunch, but loook like there is 1 old male attracted to her...

anyway, im not too sure she is tango...
Ed Loschi

You should be making plans to get your bird back.

Post by Ed Loschi »

Hey--

It is probably your bird and you should immediately expend every effort to recapture her.

If you do not capture her she will most surely be taken by a predator.

If you are clever enough to get her back then you need to carefully assess your cage set-up and fix what allowed her to escape.

Don't post, don't go to school, don't go out, don't do anything else until you succeed in retrieving your bird.

--Hurry up.
leo

Post by leo »

i tried to catch up with where they are going, they flew to the tree across the big semen fench of an old fectory, i tried to figure how to go there, but no body know how to...

some told me it is illegal to enter the land, but the flock get out of sight really fast, once the leader flew, all flew, including the yellow 1. and what worse, i cant go near them. tango choose to follow the flock, not me...

so, when i come nearer abit, all the bird get ready to fly, a little more nearer, they fly, so do tango...

it make me think it she is not tano, may be some other escape lut...

but i hope she is tango and i can catch her again
leo

Post by leo »

just now i went back home at 5 ++
i heard tango form outside...

i look around outside...hoping that it was tango voice...
i went down and look around, till it about 7, and dark, i think i cant find her int eh darkness..

i lost track of it again, but tommorow, imgoing to go home late...
so, im thinking of an idea, i print a picture of me, from neck to head, in A3 size paper, then hung it besie tango cage...

i know it is supper lame idea...but, i really cant think anything better than that...

ifeel tango coming nearer...
thanks for all your support
Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

Thats great news that you saw her you have to keep trying she will be back in your loving hands if you don't give up anything is worth a try if she can find her way back to your house the n she will come to her old cage mabie she followed you home after she saw you and she was with that other flock of birds there is a very good chance that happened because you are her flock member and if those other birds don't want her she might have decided she is better off with her old flock and followed you. Pat
leo

Post by leo »

YEAH BABY...
TNAHKS FOR EVERYONE SUPPPORTS...

I GOT GOOD NEWS,

TANGO COME BACK...

I DONT KNOW HOW, BUT I FOUND HER NAPPING IN THE CAGE WHEN I CAME HOME FROM SCHOOL. I OPEN THE DOOR AT 3.56, SAWHER IN THE CAGE...

THE WING BLEED ALOT, NUMBERS OF CUT INTHE LEGSAND ALOT OF BROKEN TAIL FEATHER...

DON'T KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPEN, BUT IT DOES NOT MATTER ANYMORE...

JSUT COME HOME FROM CELEBRATION FOR HER RETURN... :lol:
ONCE AGAIN...THANKS ALOT
Ed Loschi

VERY GOOD LUCK. And really good news.

Post by Ed Loschi »

Hey,

You and Tango are very lucky. The cuts and scrapes she has are from the wild IRN's she tried to get with, she'll heal.

You absolutely must bird proof your home; especially the room you keep Tangos cage in.
You must figure out how she escaped from her cage and then from the room you had her in--and you must fix both those causes...mechanical or behavioral or whatever.

She might be a good candidate for flight feather clipping and intensive rounds of step-up commands.

You and Tango dodged a real tragedy. A good lesson.

Good news she is back.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

WOW leo I am soooooo happy for you.

Tango is home!!!!!! YAY

See she DOES love you, never underestimate the power of love from animals.

Like Ed mentioned, definately Tango Proof your home and her cage. Don't want to have to go through that ordeal again.

Hey, the pic must of worked hey, :wink:

8)
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

:D Leo, I am so happy that Tango is alive and chose to come back home to you. I told you IRNs are tough and they are smart. They are little survivors. You are very lucky you got her back and she came back to where she knew she was safe. You will need to treat her wounds and feed her a good diet and watch her for any health problems after her ordeal. I am so happy for you. Good luck
Darlene & Luna :D
leo

Post by leo »

yeah, thanks...
i went for medicaltest today...the vet said she is okay, but the vet is annormal vet, not avianvet...

she is so stressed and become so clingy...
she scream as soon as i got off her sight...

guys, i think the photo think work really wel...
hahaha
Last edited by leo on Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leo

Post by leo »

here are some picture of tango feather condition after heshe return

the wing feather is where alot of blood found...
but i let her bath as soon as i saw her...

i dont know how she can survive in this kind of wing condition...
trimmed and injured...
also i got no idea how she escape the crows...i really cant think of any posible answer...darlene,you are totally right,they are survivor...

here also someinjury of the tail
Karla010507

Post by Karla010507 »

Leo, :) :) :)

:D I am so happy :D that Tango came back to you. You are so lucky to have her back because when birds escape and fly away it is hard for owners to get them back again. Your love, prayers. and hard work looking for her brought her back to you. I know that with lots of love, care, and attention that you give her she will recover from her wing, tail, and leg and be back to her normal Tango again. Pepe my IRN sends friendly kisses to Tango. :) :) :)
Thanxs
Attentively,

Karla and my wonderful IRN Pepe
leo

Post by leo »

thanks karla...
when you become an owner of certain animal, i think you will grow the instinc and gut feling for your pets. i lost hope when saw tango being chased by crows, but my feeling was so strong that keep me waiting. i hung on the 0.000001 % of chances that she will return...

for all members, pals, please don't throw away your pets when they bite and say, s/he got no hope to be tame again...

there is always hope, as long as you don't give up...

once again, thanks every body here...

your prayer bring her back to me :lol:
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

Congratz Leo on findin you baby :) its good that you never gave up hope.

hope Tango heal's well and get's back to her normal self. She's probably just anxious of you leaving her cus of what the poor birds just been through.

a few weeks ago i left one of spit's food dishes out to disinfect it and he crawled out of the tiny hole o.O luckily we were in the same room when he got out. accidents are so easy to make

very lucky outcome ^^
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Thats awsome Leo that Tango came back to you, those are nasty breaks she got , but im sure with love and care from you she will be better in no time.

Well done for not giving up :)
Sharlene and Amazon
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

Hi Leo :)
If you can get some ( Alo Vera ) to use the juice on Tangos wounds, it will sooth and help her heal and keep her clean. The alo vera is good to put on sore spots, it helps to take the pain away and speeds up healing. And Tango may get a gray color to her feathers. It means she was under stress when she got out and was being attacked. But it's like Pat said, Tango probably saw you and heard you and followed you home. And Indian Ringnecks are smart. They are strong for the size bird they are. And with all of these things going for her, she was able to find her way back home. And with your love and careing to not give up looking for her, it helped her. And she is a parrot, but may have a natural homeing instinct. If her feathers get barring or turn gray from stress. Don't worry, when she molts and she is healed up, her feathers will return to her normal beautiful bright yellow color when new feathers grow in. So try to keep her from getting stressed any more and she will get back to normal.
Good luck, and please stay in touch.
Darlene
leo

Post by leo »

thanks alot, today has not been any better...

but the feather does not turn gray...stil yellow...
she refuse to bath, because she sit onthe floor, the feather very dirty...

she bites too...like really defensive and bite out of fear...

i got the whole alovera...what should i do with it//

?

thanks darlene
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

:) Leo, Tango has been through a bad ordeal, with confusion of finding herself in the wild, being swooped on by crows and haveing to fight for her life, and being chased away by her own wild species and probably attacked by them too. Her wanting to stay on the floor is from two things. 1) her feathers are damaged, so she feels safer grounded. 2) She was probably attacked while she was in the trees or trying to fly. So she has a fear that she is dealing with right now. The biteing is, becouse she has been traumatised and had to fight. She isn't biteing becouse she hates you, not at all. She is sore and don't want to be handled, and she doesn't trust anything right now. It is for Tangoes best interest to bath her even if it upsets her, to help reduce the chance of infection from her wounds. She needs to be kept clean to heal. Also it would make her feel less afraid to use a towel to pick her up and cover her with when you need to handle her. After she has time to settle down and get better, you need to begin to interact and handle her again, to build her trust in you. ... to use the aloe vera, you cut off a piece of the leaf. Inside the leaf is the liquid. take a Q Tip, and wet it in the liquid of the cut leaf, until the Q Tip is wet. Then apply the liquid to each sore spot and wound that you see. Do this at least two times a day. It helps reduce the pain and helps to heal. In a few days you should see that she isn't as sore and is healing. Tango has been stressed from her ordeal. If you do see some graying or barring happening, don't worry, it will go away when she molts after she is better. But mabey her feathers won't bar or gray.
I believe Tango survived, becouse of her intellegance, and she is a female Indian Ringneck. They can be very aggressive sometimes. It may be what saved her. Also, Tango may have bad dreams at night for a while. It is a good thing to lower her night time perch and don't have other perches under it. So if she falls off her perch at night from haveing a bad dream, she might not get hurt from hitting perches under her.
I hope this will be helpful. Tango will know you are helping her and she will grow more bonded to you, even if she does bite, have patients and be gentle and she will get better. Sorry this was so long. A lot to say
Be Happy :)
Darlene
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D :D :D LEO IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND TANGO!! When I first read this thread I felt a lump in my thoat and was teary eyed.. What an ordeal you have both been through. Best wishes for Tangos recovery. This has made my day! Darlenes got some great advice there. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
leo

Post by leo »

hi, thnaks darlene, tango ound on the leg getting worse, she always sit on the floor, and i think she start got infection...

i think fi i did not clean it with aloe it will be much worse by now...
but this morning i saw the wound getting awful...

i but 1 piece of wood block on tyhe cage base, but she dont wana pearch, she eating well, still bite a bit, but the cut always get contact with the droppings and it make it worse....

this morning i chnage the paper and i put hamstrer bedding( the woody pieces thingy) hoping that the dropping will be absorb and cover by the bedding.

i can start seeing a few feather paling...she fuffle her featehr alot, i think she is bearing with the pain on her leg...

from what i think, i have to stop the contact with the droppings...

any idea or sugestion...\
thanksa lot
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

Hi Leo, from what you say about the wound on Tangos leg looking worse, I wouldn't wait, it sounds like a vet needs to see and treat the wound with antibiotic before it gets any worse. The Aloe will help the healing, but Tango has been in contact with wild birds and the stress of being lost and attacked can lower her immunes, so she can't fight off any infection. She just might need a jump start of antibiotic to get the wound started healing. Then the Aloe will help. You don't know what Tango was exposed to from other birds, so it will take some careful watching of her health or any complications from the wounds.
About keeping her away from her droppings. If Tango is not perching, becouse of the injured leg and is staying on the bottom of her cage, I have the same thing with our Luna. Becouse she is disabled and not able to perch yet. I don't use hamster bedding becouse it can have wood chips that are toxic from the kind of wood it is made from. I have a lot of clean towels that I use in the bottom of Luna's cage. I change the towels as they become soiled. I also clean her feet if needed with a wet paper towel. I think useing clean towels instead of hamster bedding is better, while she is not perching. And you will need to handle Tango to clean her feet when needed. This should be temporary until she is perching again. I change the towels often and empty any loose material from the towels then I put them in the washer and dryer and they are ready to use as needed. I find this works good and Luna is never allowed to live with her droppings. We just got used to this routine and Luna is healthy and has a clean envirnment. But with Tango this should be temporary, until she starts healing. Make sure to watch her to see that she isn't chewing at the wound. And keep useing the Aloe. It can only help her heal and relieve pain. But have a vet look at her leg as soon as possable.
To handle Tango to care for her while she is injured, will help the bonding and trust. Luna likes to be wrapped in a towel and cuddled. It is so sweet and cute :)

Darlene
leo

Post by leo »

yup, i brough her to vet, but the vet sux, he kept saying tango is fine and does not need any medication...

i will try using the towel...

i will buyy the anti infection for children...
hope it will work
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

Leo, I hope the vet is right about Tango, if he says she is fine. But if you don't trust that vet to know what he is talking about, then you will need to draw on your own resorces to do everything you can to help Tango heal. If she is eating good and eliminating normal, that is one good thing. Keep useing the Aloe vera. I have read on other sites where vets sent the bird home to die, becouse there was nothing more they could do. So the breeder used aloe vera to feed to the sick parrot, and it recovered. Aloe can be fed as internal treatment as much as external. They call it the miracle plant. The other day, I burned my arm on the hot oven door and it was really painful and getting worse, so I used aloe on it and in 15 minutes the pain was going away and it isn't even blistering. The towels I use are the cotton bar mop towels in Lunas cage. I keep a basket full of them. They are just the right size and they are soft and comfortable for Tango. and easy to change.
leo

Post by leo »

thanks darlene, the vet is not avian vet
i dont trust them, tango eating well, he can walk as per normal,but she refuse to pearch for a week and so already,and she is getting worse...

i skip my class, hehe...i scared the hamster bedding toxicate the wound, so i changed the paper, aply the anty infection med and use the towel...

but she freak out and run away like mad...

so i make the floor bar higher and decided to chage the paper twice a day...
usually i change it 2-3 days once...

hm, darlene, did you recieve my pm about the magnetic thraphy for internal injury?

what do you think?
can give me your few?

want to write a report for the organisation i work in...

thnaks alot
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

That is the BEST NEWS !!! such a releaf .. very happy for you and tango :D cherrish every moment !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

leo

Post by leo »

sorry, i was busy in school and home internet has been down...

tango already start pearching again...his wound healing well,..

the cage setup goes back to normal...

but he still have behaviour problem, biting, screaming, scared and have night fright sometimes.
alot of time, he relexed on my room, shouldr, or table, then suddenly just jump and got freak out...

still give him alovera, it really work...thanks alot darlene...

he start talking again, he can say tango, what you doing, yeeeees? come ooooooon, don be noughty please...., and listen to me....

but all he said only when i was prscticing my piano (only)and she said it like someone talking without tongue...very mumbly, but understanable to me

thanks everybody