New bird

Moderator: Mods

mispatty

New bird

Post by mispatty »

Hello,

My name is patty, I am from the Netherlands, sorry for my bad Englisch but I need some help.
My husband found a IndianRingneck a few days ago and we don't no much about these birds. I am om a dutch bird forum but they can not help me any more.

Here you can see her/him?
http://www.fluffies.org/nl/fluffies_vie ... php?id=463
The questions are, how old do you think see is.
Do we have to feed this bird.

She is very tam, I think see have still some baby veders.
She can't stand so good on a stick, also the food that we give, see does not no what het is, when see take a bite, tast it, than see starts to eat from it. Her/ him weight is 120 gram.

Thanks very much
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

With the information you have provided i would say s/he is bout 3-4 mths old. What foods are you trying to feed him/her, s/he might not be weaned off hand feeding mix yet.

IRN can be picky eaters and some will eat what you eat and when you have food they will take that. Try parrot seeds or a mushy food to start with and see what happens
Sharlene and Amazon
mispatty

Post by mispatty »

I tried the mushy food with extra eggfood. She/he eats on her own now and eats just about anything we give. Strawberry, pear, kiwi and parrotfood. Thanks for the advice en help you have given us.

Greatings Patty
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Gald s/he is eating now, good luck with your baby, post pictures when you can in the photo room
Sharlene and Amazon
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi and welcome mispatty :)

Your new found baby looks very cute....also love the dogs :)

Good to hear she is eating now. :)

8)
mispatty

Post by mispatty »

Thanks very much, the dogs are great, and with the baby it also going very good. She eats a lot and having a lot a fun. :D
leo

Post by leo »

sorry,i saw an accesory near the eye pierce,

becareful. your parrot migth pull it and i thinks its gona be painful...
not safe to put your bird or even play with him when you are wearing those accesories or earings...

sorry, no offend
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

leo wrote:sorry,i saw an accesory near the eye pierce,

becareful. your parrot migth pull it and i thinks its gona be painful...
not safe to put your bird or even play with him when you are wearing those accesories or earings...

sorry, no offend

Im sorry Leo but earings and stuff like that are fine, as long as you teach your bird its not ok to pull them, i have 3 earings in each ear, a necklace and rings Amazon know he is not to touch apart from the ring and necklace. If he touches or even goes near he gets told off and put away for a bit.

Hope everything is working well for you mispatty.
Sharlene and Amazon
Bella

Post by Bella »

I agree with amazonite i have a facial piercing and its not been ripped out billy is a good boy :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
leo

Post by leo »

hmm, okay then,
im just saying thing that is posible to happen...

during bluffing, even specticle isa nice object for them to atteck, and it come without notice...

amazon and billy is well behaved, but i think patty's fid is still reather young, curiosity arouse anytime...some just because they are under stress and angry, imagine, if there is sombody come into the house that mske the bird nervous, the attack movement wil be lounging and it wil be so fast that you wont even know it already torn, you don't even have the chence to breeth let alone stop it...

my concern is because the piercing is very near to the eyes, okay, is he missed the piercing, it might goes to the eyes, worse...or when the piercing is torn, it will torn to the eye......

angry IRN have really a big streangth, and they get angry in split second...

i live near the biggest birdshop in my city, where every weekend is full by people bringing their bird andshow off...
alot of cases, their own bird or the shop's just weaned baby tear people ears,
well, i saw it my self once by cockatoo and have heard alot of stories some done by smaller parrot...

well, just sharing my expiriance, no offence, but better be safe than sorry right.... :lol:

because by the time it is ripped off, all we can do is cry, and complain, and waste more money to feed the doctor...

hmm, really sorry...don't meanto counter :lol:

correct me if im wrong
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

leo wrote:hmm, okay then,
im just saying thing that is posible to happen...

during bluffing, even specticle isa nice object for them to atteck, and it come without notice...

amazon and billy is well behaved, but i think patty's fid is still reather young, curiosity arouse anytime...some just because they are under stress and angry, imagine, if there is sombody come into the house that mske the bird nervous, the attack movement wil be lounging and it wil be so fast that you wont even know it already torn, you don't even have the chence to breeth let alone stop it...

my concern is because the piercing is very near to the eyes, okay, is he missed the piercing, it might goes to the eyes, worse...or when the piercing is torn, it will torn to the eye......

angry IRN have really a big streangth, and they get angry in split second...

i live near the biggest birdshop in my city, where every weekend is full by people bringing their bird andshow off...
alot of cases, their own bird or the shop's just weaned baby tear people ears,
well, i saw it my self once by cockatoo and have heard alot of stories some done by smaller parrot...

well, just sharing my expiriance, no offence, but better be safe than sorry right.... :lol:

because by the time it is ripped off, all we can do is cry, and complain, and waste more money to feed the doctor...

hmm, really sorry...don't meanto counter :lol:

correct me if im wrong

Im not starting an agurement or anything, but you did say correct you if your wrong, im saying because mispatty baby is young thats teh best time to teach no touching, ami was 7 weeks when i had him adn he learnt early.

but every one is entilted to their opinion and caring for the safty of people is great, im sure mispatty will make a great choice on how she deals with it:)
Sharlene and Amazon
mispatty

Post by mispatty »

She/he is not very interesting in my piercings ore earings. But when it does, I'll teach it. Thanks for the warning.
leo

Post by leo »

sory amazon, i really don mean it to be hars, coz i was in school and i type it as fast as posble...

my opinion, but even when we teach him not to, yes, when he is young, he will listen, but, when bluffing he will just 'boom', no one know...

alot of dicipline non biting irn got sudden madness when entering bluffing, well, he is young, so, it is still along time...
and, you, patty, really sorry for that...

i think just take it i never say anything, sorry :lol:
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

im not causing an argument or anything either, and i do see your point Leo. I've got my lip pierced twice, with a ring in my lip, a stud in my lip, and a ring in my ear. I dont let Spit near my face because i know he will bite lol (not just cus ive got piercings), but if i put my face to his cage he does look at my lip piercings... mostly my ring though because it moves when i talk, i play with it with my tongue (bad habit) and its more obvious than the stud.

I dont think there will be much issues with Mispatty's Anti-Eyebrow piercing. I think the bird will just see it as another part of her body, especially since its not like an earring where one day it will be there and the next day it wont. Those are the kind you dont take out often.

And Mispatty... your so brave! I've always wanted that piercing but never had the guts to get it done! ive been pierced 12 times and i still freak out about it :D

oh.. and i forgot to say. Congratz on your find. Youve got one cute looking birdy there :D and im loving the dogs. they look so playful ^^
mispatty

Post by mispatty »

Thanks ryelle, I was also very scared, but my husband is piercer so I can let it done whenever I want, that helps :D
The dogs are very playful, sometimes a bit to much :D

I am so happy with my new birdy, I always wanted a parret, and now i have one.