mummys finally got the idea!!!!!!

Moderator: Mods

bec

mummys finally got the idea!!!!!!

Post by bec »

hi im general
i think my mummy becs told you a bit about me now i think its time i had my say about how well ive trained mummy
when i met mummy in the pet shop i just new she was the right person to take me home as soon as i heard her telling the lady all about the food
that i like :D by the time she left the shop i had let her know my name was general by marching up and down my perch for her
the second time she came in she had a bag with some of thefoods she told the lady about she said it would give me a chance to get to know her before we went home and did this for about 2 weeks before she had paid me off &took me home
when we got home mummy took me into a room with a spot for me & a weird lokking perch for her ( i think she called it a bed but she slept on it so i still think of it as a perch)
she put some lovely food in my cage but she also put some very scary things in she called them toys but i didnt like them in fact they terrified me, luckily mummy saw this and removed them
but she found something else i liked a wicker basket which she put on the other side of the room and when i sat there i found another little bird like me!!!! but when ever i tried to have a fly with him he disappeared :shock: but when i went back to the basket he was there waiting for me
after a while mumy moved my cage to another room this was really exciting because there were 2 other birds here who very quickly introduce themselves to me as kieron who is blue like me but has a ring on his neck & riku who is about my age but green the first thing they showed me was what toys are for :D apparently you play with them :shock: i still wasnt sure but gave it a shot they are kinda fun you can chew on them & swing on them but they still felt weird to me
again mummy saw what was happening & tried something else she got out some woodenbeada squares that were from toys that kieron and riku had pulled apart and some balls with bells in them andother thing she called cat toys (i heard her telling that to rikus person larissa)
and put themontop of the big cage
well as soon as i saw them i went crazy with joy!!!!!
i love to pick them up then hold them with my foot & chew on them for a while before throwing them on the floor (so i know which ones i havent played with this round) then rushing of to the next one!!!
mummy loves to sit and watch this the after they are all on the ground i lookk at mummy and tilt my head to one side as if to say ok ive done my bit your turn now !!! (well i havent learned to talk yet i am only a baby after all :) then mummy comes over & pick them all up for me and arranges them on the cage for me & returns to her chair then i start again
i know mummy cant do this all day but when she has time betweeen cleaning after us and the other people in the house but i know durning the day if she sits down on the chair facing the cages it means she can play if she sits on the other one its time for mummys rest which the other girl cristy ( the one who takes all the pretty pictures of us)
calls soapy time & we know that means its almost time for judge judy to come on and make kieron happy normally when the younger people come home they cook popcorn then rikus so happy she sits on their heads and dropps her crumbs in their hair (so mummy doesnt have to vacum again)
so thats my story of how i trained mummy so far
& if she keeps learning this quickly i might let her pat me soon :twisted:
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Well General, sounds like your mummy is a quick learner to have learnt all those "tricks" so easily. :D Gotta love that head tilt thing, get them every time :wink:

Just think how much fun for you it will be when you decide to talk "mummy" language. I bet you will make mummy give you ANYTHING you want then lol

Keep up the good work General :P

8)
Bella

Post by Bella »

Awwwwwwwwwww your such a clever fid and we can see how much mummy loves you :wink:
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
bec

Post by bec »

thanks guys
i was sitting on the chair the other day watching general really play for the first time with the mixture of toys " he "discribed in the last post
when after the fifth time he tilted his head at me to come and pick them up for him that the training wasnt all one sided he was actualy teaching me what he would like me to do do
then i realised that it wasnt just him kieron has taught me how to tell if he wants me to feed him treats (and to make sure i dont miss putting judge judy on for him :roll: )
riku has taught us not to EVER expect to eat popcorn in the loungeroom & expect to get it all to herelf & if she looks at you ,tilts her head & raises a foot it means you should feed her a treat!!!
has anyone else been "trained "like we are ?
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

i got the better of Amazon im not trained but he is lol, but then again i guess you could say i am in a way when im in teh kitchen he will scream and scream and turn around for some of the food we are perparing so now he gets something just to shut him up lol
Sharlene and Amazon
bec

Post by bec »

i know what you ean amazonite!!!
right now rikus yelling at me to let her out of the cage generals performing gymnastics for the same reason & kierons just glaring at me because they al know being still in there cages at this time of day means they will have to suffer the indignity of being caught in bed by total strangers
(cable tv man is coming to hook it up) but there are just too many risks with workman in the house to let them loose before he leaves
workmen leaving doors open
cats or dog getting in
birds getting out
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

bec wrote:i know what you ean amazonite!!!
right now rikus yelling at me to let her out of the cage generals performing gymnastics for the same reason & kierons just glaring at me because they al know being still in there cages at this time of day means they will have to suffer the indignity of being caught in bed by total strangers
(cable tv man is coming to hook it up) but there are just too many risks with workman in the house to let them loose before he leaves
workmen leaving doors open
cats or dog getting in
birds getting out

lol thats true, you dont want that happening, they will just have to wait
Sharlene and Amazon
bec

Post by bec »

they survived it (only just according to them)
but then again i was very quickly forgiven when i went shopping & came home with baby spinach leaves for them :lol: