The Color Red

Moderator: Mods

LuvIRNs92084

The Color Red

Post by LuvIRNs92084 »

I'm hearing (now I'm new to IRNs), that they cant stand the color red? Is that true? If it is I have some serious redecorating to do in my Bird Room
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Well if that is true then I have a few very confused ringies lol

2 male ringies love the colour red and prefer red toys over other colours. Also my handraised girl, just has to have "her" red cup that I use to measure seed when it's feed time. :)

8)
Crazyratwoman

Post by Crazyratwoman »

Yep, ours doesn't care what colour's around, esp when food is concerned... ;)
Petey - IRN

Not enough room for my other fids!!!!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I dont believe that all birds have this 'colour preference' I believe some can be sensitive to colours but not all.. I have had colour problems with Jibby..
Jibby doesnt like a certain red perch and if I touch it or take it out to clean he growls at it furiously, he also avoids it, hes fine as long as he doesnt have to touch the perch or I dont move it, yet Yoda couldnt care less about it and sits on it all the time. :roll: The perch has never hurt Jibby, ever since I brought it home hes disapproved of it! Could it be the colour?
I'll never know.
Both my 2 are sometimes sensitive to some brighter coloured clothing too. They definately dont like those reflective vests that some workmen wear (my dad wears one for work and has occasionally come over wearing it) or bright orange computer technician outfits as we found out last year.
It definately makes me think it could be sensitivity to some bright colours, that provoke fear.
This is just my experience.

Oh and just a tip.. you dont have to ask the same question twice.. we will see. :wink: I will also just move this to the appropriate area of the forum for you.

Edit: Oh and Jibby is fine with foods that are red, its just that perch. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh and I wouldnt redecorate just yet. :lol:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

I havent found a colour Amazon hates yet
Sharlene and Amazon
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

me neither. i know Spit seems to favoure his cement perch which is a baby blue colour. he liked it as soon as he saw it. i dont think ive found anything he doesnt like yet though. maybe we should all do a test ^^ lol
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Charlie Parker was terrified of the color red as a baby--shirts, hats, toys, you name it. The second he would see it he would fly into a frenzy screaming and flailing his wings. He completely outgrew it by the time he was about nine months old.
LuvIRNs92084

You All Are Awsome!!Thank You!

Post by LuvIRNs92084 »

You guys are so aww-some thank you so much or all your help and stories about your little ones. :D Thank you for the direction as well on posting & wasn't sure how to do it right. You guys are great thank you so much. I can now put my Bird Room back together, lol!
Kris
laine

Post by laine »

Hi, I just read this tonight and add the same as the others. My IRN is 2 1/2 years old and has always favoured yellow, however, there isn't a bright color that he doesn't like. His bath and food bowls are red and of course, he loves them. He has 2 balls and seems to favour the yellow and red ball over the blue and green one. He has some colored blocks in his cage which he loves to chew on, however, if he is in a bad mood, it's always the red one he takes his frustration out on and attacks it, very funny to watch.
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

OMG IVE JUST REMEMBERED!!!! Spit had a little cat ball with a bell in hangin from the inside of his cage a while back and it was half white and half red and when breeding season came along he totally fell in love with it. anyways, we lost the ball... and i bought a red and white hoover and he totally adored it!! the hoover is a million times bigger than him and its a hoover for god sake but he displayed to its loads! (idiot bird me thinks, haha) it was his new love thing until his mirror and bell came along (bad idea lol)

i suppose it just depends on the bird :D
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

That is hilarious. Charlie Parker has always HATED every vacuum--the brown one upstairs, the little hand vac (every bird owner's best friend :lol: ,) the shop vac, and especially the red one downstairs. I can't even have him in the room when a vacuum is off or he takes off flying. I guess that since his life's work is to redecorate every inch of the house with food and pieces of chewed up toys he considers vacuums to be his mortal enemies.
laine

Post by laine »

Patrick wrote: I guess that since his life's work is to redecorate every inch of the house with food and pieces of chewed up toys he cIonsiders vacuums to be his mortal enemies.

I never thought of it that way (redecorating). Smokey hates the vac. He too flies off, so I have to put him in his cage when its cleaning day. I have a hand vac which he also hates. He screems out to me 'what you doing" i never thought that I had just messed up his masterpiece LOL. :lol: .