when they will talk, or they will never?

Moderator: Mods

leo

when they will talk, or they will never?

Post by leo »

guys...

does your IRN talk?

what age do they talk or start talking?
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

Spits almost 2 and over the past few months hes learnt (in a squeeky IRN - only we can understand talk) to say "Toy" - dragged out to say "ttoooyyyy" quite high pitched, and also hes learnt to say "whatcha doing" although he gets lazy and just shouts "doing". hes almost said "good boy" once and hes said "Haaarrr-vey" twice (name of my rat).

he practises every day though by making random noices and trying to 'chatter'. those words he learnt came out of the blue. i could see he was listening one day when i was playing with his toy, so i repeated the word and he just picked it up. he hasnt learnt anything else in a while though
lutino

Post by lutino »

Lutino started mumbling and making weird noises at 8 months i think. She then tried to say her name, although she didnt quite get there. At just over a year she began saying hello. She managed to say this very clearly.
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

damn, Spit hasnt managed Hello yet. he struggles with it loads and i think its pretty simple. he isnt the cleverest of things sometimes. he cant "wolf-whistle" because he tries to talk the noise instead of whistle it, and i think he tries to create a noise instead of talk for Hello. he gets a bit confused sometimes i think, bless him
leo

Post by leo »

what age do they start talking?

hmm, tango can sing the wild mynah singing that he hear every morning...will it kill the interestof learning talking?
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Generally anwhere from 7 months up if what Ive gathered. Its important to know that not all will talk and some can just be late starters. I dont believe that an older bird cannot learn new things.
Jibby is 8 this year and hes learnt more in the last 2 - 3 years than he has before. Hes still hard to understand but he seems to be getting better with some pronounciation. But I know what hes saying just because I am had him for this long. He says 'Chicky!!! (a tiel we had)' an angry 'YeeeAAH!!!' 'What cha doin Chicky?!''I love you' his name 'Jibby!!!' and some others I cant understand. For some reason it always sounds like hes asking a question too. :lol: I have never really tried to teach him any words, he just picked these up himself.
Yoda I think is better as pronouncing words than Jibby. Yoda mostly copies Jibby, and says everything Jibby says.. EXACTLY! But also has his own words, my partners name 'Rory!!' pronounced 'Roooreee' he does a good wolf whistle which I dont know where he got from because no ones ever done that here and he also says 'Woooaaah!!' and trys to say after 'Watch out!' which is what I say everytime he flys past my head and whacks me in the face. Yoda also used to bark like a little dog in our old unit. But havnt heard this in a while.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

aahahaa weve always had dogs around the neighbourhood and Spit always barks at them even though he cant see them then growls and starts screaming when they dont stop barking. he tries to fight and scare off an animal 10times bigger than him and that he cant see :?
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Jibby is like this too. If hes not in the mood for noise, he'll growl at anything that makes a noise. But now that hes learnt that 'YeeeAAAH!' is an angry response from me, he will tell people to shut up by saying 'YeeeAAAH!!!'.. and then I tell him to shut up and he replies with 'YeeeAAAH!!!' :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
leo

Post by leo »

hi...tango do wolf witstle ( not perfect) and also lough like a noughtygirl, but there is no body ever whistle oroften lough in the house, kinda sttrange
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Amazon was bout 9 mths when he started to try and talk, he is now 20mths and can say a list of words, like
Hello
Hi
What you doing
Come on
Good boy
and his all time fave WHY

he does the wolf whistle and sings the tune of pop goes the weasal.

I guess they start when they feel like it and some dont even talk.
Sharlene and Amazon
greeny

Re: when they will talk, or they will never?

Post by greeny »

My female I got when she was 6 months and she was quite untame. I did not think she would be able to talk. But lately she is trying to talk. She is now 1.5 years, so this has taken one year. I don't know if she will ever be a good talker, but I can tell she is trying it out. It just started this month, so we'll see if she develops ability. My other experience shows that they can start to talk at about 9 mos to one year old.
Crazyratwoman

Post by Crazyratwoman »

Petey is 10 months old and started talking when he was around 7 months. His first words were "what are you doing?" which is wierd cos we kind of never said that around him.

He now says
Hello
Pretty bird
what are you gonna do
hi pepsi
pretty boy

he mutters a lot, i'm guessing they're phrases we've been trying to get him to say but he's not too clear on them yet.
Petey - IRN

Not enough room for my other fids!!!!
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Charlie Parker is coming up on one year old and is becoming quite the motormouth--a few hours of chatter & singing each morning and evening, and any time he sees anyone in the kitchen (food potential--impress the humans with singing!) He has the wolf whistle down cold, has just about mastered 'hello' and has managed the rhythm and pitch on 'are you a good birdie?' although so far he's only managed to enunciate the 'birdie' part. Any time I call out "gimme a kiss!" he'll reply with a big wet smack and then try to join me saying "thank you." I'm doing my part to cut back on the cursing because I can see exactly where this is heading really soon. :lol:
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

hahahaa i tell my boyfriend off whenever he curses in front of Spit because i know that Spits sat for hours each day trying to master some phrase that weve been saying to him and ill have a heart attack if he comes out with something foul lol. itl be typical that hell learn something like that though and itll be his favourite word (luckily atm thats just 'toy')
laine

Post by laine »

Hi, Smokey is almost 2 1/2. he is not the clearest of talkers but i know what he's trying to say. He loves the word 'pretty' and sometimes puts on a really deep tone and repeats the word over and over again , sometimes really fast, its quite funny. He therefore loves to say pretty bird, pretty boy and you're so pretty. He sort of squeaks hello. He can say my partners name Brett (Breeeeeeeett) and says very quickly hello brett. He also says 'what you doin' ''what the!!!!' 'wanna bikky?' 'want some bread?'
I bought a digital photo frame and i videoed myself talking (saying what i'd like him to learn). I leave it playing in front of smokeys cage during the day while i am at work, he gets to see mummy even though i am out :lol:
His speech has improved a little since.
leo

Post by leo »

thanks alot...

i heard tango mumbling somethin when he is on my shoulder...
hmm, he has been doing it since long ago,but stopped, and now start again :lol:

but really cant understand what is he saying at alll...

is everyone talking irn start with that ?

thanks...so excitings
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

leo wrote:thanks alot...

i heard tango mumbling somethin when he is on my shoulder...
hmm, he has been doing it since long ago,but stopped, and now start again :lol:

but really cant understand what is he saying at alll...

is everyone talking irn start with that ?

thanks...so excitings

I find with Amazon that he will mumble a fair bit and if i look at him he stops he is practicing his words when he is ready he will talk out loud so everyone can hear him
Sharlene and Amazon
Crazyratwoman

Post by Crazyratwoman »

I love that digital picture frame idea!!!
Petey - IRN

Not enough room for my other fids!!!!