Update on Baby!

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Update on Baby!

Post by Mikaela »

Hey Y'all!

Long time - no see! I doubt anyone even remembers Baby and I - but I thought I would drop in in case to let you know how my fella is. His Birthday is May 11th! 3 yrs old! Got that boy at 5 weeks and fed him with a syringe.

He is a very late bloomer - but if anyone here remembers us - you will remember I ALWAYS knew he was a boy. (Really good at sexing visually - not that thats possible but haven't been wrong yet). But - even before I knew anything about birds - I got my Baby and knew from 5 weeks old - when I brought him home - he was a big ol' man!

Well - he is now THREE yrs old! I cant believe it - where does all the time go!? And FINALLY molting and getting that MAN ring! Amen! He looks so awful right now that its just pure funny. As ringnecks are always dressed to the nines... and they know it!

I would like to share some images of how awful he looks so other members can compare him when he IS and ISNT molting so they dont get so upset about how their baby looks. I know I did - first molt. Also, so new owners can recognize the beginning of a molt so they can start relieving it - its hard on them! :cry:

To relieve him - I put him in the shower with me each day and allow the steam to penetrate the pin feathers. He so appreciates that and gets busy preening away the uglies. (just put them on the shower rod or shower head)
Then - before we get out - I get him completely wet with a spray bottle. Then - I put him on his stand on the lania in the sun (90plus here now).

I do this daily to both relieve him and to make the molt hurry a long.

He is so ugly he is precious. He looks SO thin - as they all do when molting - and he has always been so active and more on the slender side anyway.

But - if anyone remembers me and would like to see Ol' Baby again - let me know and I will throw some images up for you!

Qwennie? Are you still around? Does anyone know her? I come honestly - mainly to find her. We lost contact.

Ah! One more note - I tried to PM her and it said 'cant send PM's'. I was wondering how to get my PM activated? I dont know who is running the show as Admin and I couldnt PM anyone to make this matter private even if i did lol.

Anyway, if you wanna see Baby - let me know. Many of you here some 1 to 3 years ago - I would love to catch up with. A select few, however, I hope to never run across again hehe. But thats neither here nor there - like I said - I will also post some shots of myself recently and my ugly lil bird - if anyone remembers me and would like to catch up! Let me know!

Peace, Love and Tolerance,

~ Mikaela :wink:
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Of course I want to see Baby! What a silly question. How the heck are ya, girl?
MCS
Bella

Post by Bella »

Welcome back its good to see some of the older members coming back (i dont mean older by age :lol: ) this place seems really quiet :( I would love to see pics of your baby i love piccys :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
bec

Post by bec »

chants
we want more pics
we want more pics
yay yay
good to hear from you again!
julie

Post by julie »

yeah, we would love to see pics :D
leo

Post by leo »

hi mik, everybody want to see your baby....

quick, post it !!

o,mik, can help me comment weather my tango is boy or girl...thanks alot
heres the link
http://www.indianringneck.com/board/vie ... ght=#44195
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

hi mik welcome back.

of course you neeed to post photos of baby, i know when i came on here bout 19mths now baby was only a baby lol, but yea big 3 soon wow.

Amazon 2 this year and has his ring.

He doesnt seem to moult like i have seen he just loses feathers and grows then half the time i dont even know he is moulting till i see feathers on the floor you cant tell if you look at him.

Welcome back again, o i use to be Gemstone if you were wondering, but adam and i splilt so he is Gemstone and im Amazonite
Sharlene and Amazon
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Ok Birdie Boys and Girls - Here are Baby images

http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtop ... 5203#45203

Thanks for check him out!

Love, Peace and Tolerance

~ Mikaela
bec

Post by bec »

i love that first pic such a gaceful bow!