Bird's a bit of a pig...

Moderator: Mods

inept

Bird's a bit of a pig...

Post by inept »

Hi guys,

I was hoping that someone here might have some insight into just how much a baby IRN should be eating in a day?

Ruffle is about 2 months old and appears fully weaned. He is a voracious eater, which I guess is better than having him beg for food, but I am concerned about his intake. He is almost always digging through his bowl and crunching away. He'll try anything including things he's never seen or tried, as far as I know anyway, on my first try feeding him and he seems to like almost everything.

His diet is largely Roudybush pellets (seemingly instantaneous conversion from breeder's seed, dried fruit and nut mix) with LaFeber's Nutriberries and fresh, healthy food added regularly for his enjoyment and hopefully for his health as well. It's hard to put a quantitative number on the amount he eats but it seems like time-wise he's always face down in his dishes.

Any insight?
bec

Post by bec »

hi inept
sounds like youve got a healthy ringneck both of ours seem to be like that too!!!
my two go absolutly nuts when i take their fruit bowl for refilling
and heven help anyone who comes between them & their
" yummies"
in fact rikus piggin on chillis now while kierons having a bit of pair :lol:
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

sounds normal to me, Amazon will pig out for ages until he is full then he will go and play then i will turn around and he is back into the food, he is only aloud one fill up of seed a week and if he eats all that then its no more seed till the next week, but he gets fruit, veges, nuts and lots of other things during the day so he doesnt need all the seed every single day, considering he can get the seeds at the bottom of the bowl if he that hungrey, but vet said he great and healthy
Sharlene and Amazon
Melika

Post by Melika »

Hane's didn't come up for air out of his food bowl for nearly three years. Now he does take his time... a little bit, lol. As long as he's pigging out on something healthy, I don't worry.

I feel like such a hypocrite when I eat pizza now, lol. My birds NEVER get any junk food, because I know it's bad for them. And what do I eat? :roll:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Lene

Post by Lene »

Probably why they do so well in the wild - even in England!
Cheers

Lene
leo

Post by leo »

inept, i think it is a good chance for you to let the baby try al sort of food, veg, fruit, seed, and everything healthy,...some bird grow to be seed only eater...thats not healthy...

i think choose the pelelt that has no colour....o read from somewhere that that is better
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............