A VERY sudden change

Moderator: Mods

Bella

A VERY sudden change

Post by Bella »

Ive posted on here before how nasty billy has been to me. But yesterday i come down to a new bird :shock: he was dying to come out running round the cage watching my every move then when he come out he was jumping from my shoulder to the arm of the sofa repeatedly. Then it began his eyes started to pin his wings streading open and bowing his head at me :shock: he just kept dancing at me then he was on my shoulder so i thought id push my luck and try to touch him i felt the top of his beak brush against my hand and i touched his chest then his head i thought id push it further and try a stroke but i was pushing too far :lol: everytime i left the room he followed once he was back in his cage i couldnt leave the room without him going crazy. Then it come to bedtime :? it was gone past 2am and he was constantly screaming and had done since id gone to bed. I had to go and talk to him.
This morning he is still doing the same only he is dancing more im still not allowed to be alone and ive been allowed to touch him :D i hope he stays this way only maybe less dancing :shock: its scary :lol:
Does this mean he thinks im his mate :oops:
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

ehehheee sounds like he luuurrrves you :P
Tayyab

Post by Tayyab »

Congratulations, your parrot it growing, It is probably going through the stage where hormones will ramage its body, don't worry it'll be a matter of few days or weeks, no more, His eyes pinning is normal , dont worry.
Try to touch him and stroke him as much as possible, it would help him keep calm, if he bites, let him, just incase wear a glove and carry on stroking him, at night, keep him behind a closed door, this might worry him and cause himt o scream more, then you should take him to your room and feed him some vegetables, something calming, like Water Melons or Cucumbers. =] Hope this helped, thanks.
Donna

Post by Donna »

I wouldn't use a glove this could only set you back if you decide to put a glove on and touch him. He has to get used to your bare hand.

As far as him screaming to get your attention he is doing a pretty good job getting you trained to come back and talk to him when he does this. Try to ignore him when he screams for you and do not reward him with anything when he is screaming.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Bella

Post by Bella »

Donna wrote:I wouldn't use a glove this could only set you back if you decide to put a glove on and touch him. He has to get used to your bare hand.

As far as him screaming to get your attention he is doing a pretty good job getting you trained to come back and talk to him when he does this. Try to ignore him when he screams for you and do not reward him with anything when he is screaming.

Donna

I dont like the idea of using a glove either ive tried today to get him used to my hand and he has made some progress it seems like he is understanding the word no :D

Ive only gone back to him once as its the loudest he has ever been :shock: and i didnt want my son woken up he seemed to understand when i went back and told him that it is bedtime and he needs to stop screaming as it was too late and id see him in the morning
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

We moved Spits cage today away from the computer cus hes going mad when my boyfriend goes off to work because hes used to him being sat next to him all day long. OMG! iv never heard him scream so loud!! Its hard, but do ignore him. We didnt even make eye contact or make any noises towards him. about 20minutes later he just shut up. To treat him for being good hes now playing on his table stand and eating apples.

ignoring them is soooooooo difficult. it should do the job with us leaving the room too. let me know how u get on cus im having this problem too
Bella

Post by Bella »

ryelle wrote:We moved Spits cage today away from the computer cus hes going mad when my boyfriend goes off to work because hes used to him being sat next to him all day long. OMG! iv never heard him scream so loud!! Its hard, but do ignore him. We didnt even make eye contact or make any noises towards him. about 20minutes later he just shut up. To treat him for being good hes now playing on his table stand and eating apples.

ignoring them is soooooooo difficult. it should do the job with us leaving the room too. let me know how u get on cus im having this problem too

When billy screams if i go into the next room or somewhere i just shout and tell him im ok and he usually stops but lastnight he had been doing it for over an hour :shock:
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

oo i might try that - letting him know im ok. from where his cage is now he can see us in the kitchen, but he cant see us in the main living room bit and in the bathroom so he goes mad