Can I get an IRN?

Moderator: Mods

shelly84

Can I get an IRN?

Post by shelly84 »

Hi Everyone. Number one would just like to see this website is great so much information it is all very helpfull!!
I would like to get an IRN but i'm not sure if I work too many hours to have enought time to spend with my IRN. I leave home at 7am and get home around 6.30pm. I am more then prepared to take the bird out the cage from this time onwards, at least 2 hours plus weekends. Is it too long a time to leave him in his cage all alone, although I will get a big cage with lots of toys!
I live in an apartment and I miss my dogs that are back at home. A dog is definately not practical but I would love a bird that I can take out and interact with not just have sitting in cage looking pretty.
Any replies would be very helpfull.
Cheers
Shell
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

I think those hours are fine to have your bird in a cage with lots of toys and when you get home let it out right away.

As long as you spend some time with him/her then you should be fine, when im home all day Amazon is always out of his cage so the door is open for him whenever then we i go out i put him back into his cage and then let him out when im home again.

So i believe your bird will be fine if you decide to get one:)
Sharlene and Amazon
Lene

Post by Lene »

Hi

I think your bird will very quickly adjust to your schedule... and of course he'll love time out of cage, when you're at home...

I work full time as well, shifts work even, and all my birds are well adjusted to the very variable life they have..
Cheers

Lene
bec

Post by bec »

as long as our birds get at least an hour out of there cage each day they are happy i think you will be a great irn owner as you are already finding out what is best for the bird good luck!!!
Donna

Post by Donna »

Irn's are not a quiet bird to have in an apartment. And you should also check with your landlord before purchasing any animal. Don't make the mistake and get the animal first and then find out you can not have them in your apartment.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
shelly84

Post by shelly84 »

Hello. I would like to say thank you for all your replies, it put my mind at ease about not having enough time for my IRN. I did decide to get one and have just returned home with her, she's all settled in her new cage having a little sleep. Think it will be best to leave her to herself tonight, seemed a bit scared after her big drive from the bet store and being in a new home.

I do not have a name for her as yet I was going to get a boy and call it Stewie but the only boy they had bit me hard, took a chunk out of my finger!!! :oops: So my girl is a pretty blue, 4 months old hand raised. Any name suggestions would be great!
I will keep you updated, Cheers!
KellieH

Post by KellieH »

I think Charlie is a cute name.. My friends parents rescued a blue with only one leg, he's so cool, he does all the things the others can, gives them a run for their money!! Let us know what you decide!!