Dog Attack

Moderator: Mods

lagranpuchica

Dog Attack

Post by lagranpuchica »

Last night I had some friends visiting at my house. They had brought along their cute little terrier. My friend got Gonzo out of his cage and had him on his finger. Gonzo tried to fly towards his cage, but he didn't make it and landed on the ground beside it. The little dog was quick as could be and ran over and grabbed hold of Gonzo. I got the dog to let go. I was terrified and I'm sure Gonzo was scared to death. I picked up Gonzo and found that he was dripping blood. I didn't have anythng to stop the bleeding, so I tried some flour hoping it would help it clot. I called Petco to see if they were still open so I could get some Kwik Stop. They were closing, but they kept the store open long enough so my roommate could run and grab some. Once I got the Kwik Stop on, the bleeding stopped. The dog had only ripped out a bunch of feathers in Gonzo's wing. He had been moulting, so I'm sure he got a hold of some new blood feathers. I checked on him throughout the night and made sure he wasn't bleeding. Today I took him to the vet and he had to pull out at least seven damaged blood feathers. He also gave me an antibiotic for Gonzo. Luckily, he had no other injuries besides the lost feathers. It could have been a lot worse. I just feel so sad for the little guy. He seems to be doing okay. He's not quite his happy, playful self right now. I think it will take him some time to get over it. I'm sure he's traumatized. I sure feel aweful about it. I'll never allow my birds to be out of their cage again with an unfamiliar dog in the room. You never know how they'll react unless its your own dog I guess. Anyway, here's a picture of the poor little guy. I hope he gets well soon. Please give me any advice you may have for helping him recover.

Last edited by lagranpuchica on Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jay R
Lene

Post by Lene »

Hi there

Please take your bird to the vet... Dog saliva and his claws would have bacterica in it... Dogs eat all sort of things...

Get the bird a course of antibiotics, please.

Also tell your friends that no one should take the bird out of its cage, but you. Yor bird relies on you to keep it safe.
Cheers

Lene
lagranpuchica

Post by lagranpuchica »

Lene wrote:Hi there

Please take your bird to the vet... Dog saliva and his claws would have bacterica in it... Dogs eat all sort of things...

Also tell your friends that no one should take the bird out of its cage, but you. Yor bird relies on you to keep it safe.

Thanks, but didn't you read my post? I did take him to the vet. He gave me an antibiotic for him.
-Jay R
Lene

Post by Lene »

Sorry... I suppose like many people, I skimmed over your post.. Sorry for the offendment.
Cheers

Lene
Lene

Post by Lene »

If the bird knows clicker training, I would go right back, and just to the stuff, the bird knows off by heart, like targeting.
Cheers

Lene
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

Poor little fella. And poor you! You must have been so scared. If it were me, I'd just be patient with him and love him bunches (which I'm sure you are doing). Also keeping his routine as normal as possible should help him too.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Poor Gonzo, what a sad story :(

Wishing Gonzo a very quick and full recovery. Hope he is not too traumatized. Don't you just feel so helpless when your babies are sick or injured??

I am sure the love you are giving Gonzo is helping him feel better quicker. Fingers crossed for Gonzo

:)
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Sounds like Gonzo used up one of his nine lives (yeah, I know it is supposed to just be cats, but I give all pets nine lives). Don't beat yourself up, accidents happen, your baby is fine and you all learned a lesson. Hugs,
MCS
Poochletty

Post by Poochletty »

Oh my goodness! I am so glad it wasn't worse. I would have been so terrified. I'm going to buy more styptic powder tomorrow. After hearing about poor Gonzo, I want a few of them at hand. Maybe 3 in different rooms.
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

oh man... flash back

My jake was killed by my dog and his wing looks just like that with a puncture under neath

I am so glad he survieved. Those dogs can be quick to jerb and snap there necks :(

Hope he recovers well! :D
-Justin
julie

Post by julie »

lagranpuchica wrote:

Thanks, but didn't you read my post? I did take him to the vet. He gave me an antibiotic for him.
hmm bit cheeky dont you think?? I like the way you edited your post the next day and the next day being after Lene gave you some very good advice. Last edited by lagranpuchica on Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total, posted by lene Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:22 am
oh by the way, im glad to hear that he will be ok.
lagranpuchica

Post by lagranpuchica »

julie wrote:
lagranpuchica wrote:

hmm bit cheeky dont you think?? I like the way you edited your post the next day and the next day being after Lene gave you some very good advice. Last edited by lagranpuchica on Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total, posted by lene Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:22 am
oh by the way, im glad to hear that he will be ok.

Man, what is this forum turning into? I edited my post because I read back over it and noticed that I had spelled Kwik Stop incorrectly. I actually edited it once before that too because I had spelled Gonzo wrong. I hope that's acceptable. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the concern, but I think pointing out something like you have Julie is presumptuous and rude. If you would like to see my bill from the vet I would be happy to send you a copy so you can verify the date and time. I agree that Lene gave me good advice, however before giving advice I believe one should at least have the courtsey to read the entire post. It's nice, however, Julie that you are glad to hear that Gonzo will be okay. Sorry everyone that I'm up on my soap box, but after reading Justin's post "New Oliver Pics! (last pics before dna sexed)" and all the bickering that went on there it seems to me that this forum is becoming rather irritating because some people are more concerned about pointing out other's faults than assisting with the real issue at hand, our fids. I truly am grateful for all who have given their concern, well wishes, and advice for Gonzo.
-Jay R
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Hope he gets better, i have almost lost Amazon to a cat, but recovered im glad you did everything right and we ar thankful the pet store stayed open for your flatmate that was really nice of them.

Best wishes and Love from Sharlene and Amazon,

PS Amazon saw the photo and went to the screen *mwah* from him.
Sharlene and Amazon
Donna

Post by Donna »

Kwik Stop should have never been used on the birds skin you were doing better using the flour or corn starch. If you have ever used that stuff on your own open cut IT BURNS!! and the birds will taste it when it starts preening and that's not good for them either it contains sulfer. The only time Kwik Stop should be used is on toe nails.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
julie

Post by julie »

ROFLMAO I love how you have said this comment "and all the bickering that went on there it seems to me that this forum is becoming rather irritating because some people are more concerned about pointing out other's faults than assisting with the real issue at hand, our fids."
sorry to tell you this but some people find your reply to Lene rather rude and unnecessary . Is there a problem with saying thanks for the advice, I have /had taken him to the vets?
Oliver and Justin

How is he doing???

What i dont get is I love how people argue about birds on here and its just really up to the person who owns the bird to decide what to do.

I think that also when typeing some things can come across rude when not meant. :D

Not to offend anyone but if she is doing waht she thinks best then thats all we can ask :D
-Justin
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I like to use the "smiley" emoticons when posting in a thread to help show people how I am coming across as. That way, if people see that, after a repy/comment, the emoticon, they will see whether I am saying things in a light hearted, stern, serious or happy way.
I agree it is very hard to decipher at times if someone is actually having a go at another or just the way they speak in life. Without knowing that person personally, and only seeing words on a screen, it can get confusing and alot can be taken the wrong way even if it wasn't meant to be. So I like to use the faces :)

Yes, so how is Gonzo doing today?

lagranpuchica

Post by lagranpuchica »

I didn't know that Kwik Stop burns Donna. The flour wasn't working so well, so that's why I had to resort to the Kwik Stop. I was just most concerned about stopping the bleeding. The bottle says that it is to be used for clipping nails, docking tails, wing clipping, and minor superficial cuts. He didn't actually have any open wound or cut, just the broken blood feathers. It was scary nonetheless. Better he endure a little pain I suppose than bleed to death. I did shower him and remove all the quick stop, so hopefully he didn't get sick from the sulfur. That's great advice though, and I'm not being sarcastic about that. I appreciate it. :D

I think Justin has a good point in saying that when reading the posts some things may come across as rude when they were truly not meant to be that way. There is no tone in text, so its up to the reader to interpret it as he or she may. Anyway, thanks for asking Justin. Gonzo is getting better day by day. He seems to be healing up well and it seems that the shock is wearing off.

WTF Julie?...Maybe now if you're finished ROFLYAO you can pull your head out and act like an adult. First of all, my response to Lene was not meant to be offensive. Maybe it was poorly worded. My bad. Please forgive me Lene if I offended you. I'm sorry. :( As for you Julie, you seem to be the smart **** making judgemental comments. I quote, "hmm bit cheeky dont you think?? I like the way you edited your post the next day and the next day being after Lene gave you some very good advice. Last edited by lagranpuchica on Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total, posted by lene Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:22 am
oh by the way, im glad to hear that he will be ok."

Why the hell would I go back and change my comment to say I had taken Gonzo to the vet if I hadn't? If I hadn't have already gone to the vet, I would have taken Lene's great advice to heart and taken Gonzo to the vet. What I don't get is where you get off being so nit picky and noticing that I had edited my post, to fix a grammatical mistake I mind you, and accuse me of not taking care of my bird and trying to make it look like I had. :?: Seriously. You should be really proud of yourself.
Last edited by lagranpuchica on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jay R
lagranpuchica

Post by lagranpuchica »

Gonzo is recovering well pinkdevil! Thanks for asking. :lol: I was writing my previous response at the same time you typed your's, I suppose. Funny that I used emoticons in it. I totally agree with you. You never know what is inferred by what a person types. Emoticons are a great way to set the tone. You really don't know unless you personally know the author. I personally, am very sarcastic, so maybe my comments may be considered rude to some when I don't really mean for it to hurt anyone's feelings.
-Jay R
Lene

Post by Lene »

Hi Jay

I was in no way offended... I obviously offended you by making the suggestion to take to bird to the vet... In fact, I offend a lot of people on a frequent basis, espesically in forums, such a this... :oops:

I find it hard to read a large block of text. Maybe I can blame it on bad eyesight, old age or that English is not my native language... I'm sure I can find some sort of excuse... :wink:

I hope Gonzo is recovering from his terrible ordeal... Poor thing.
Cheers

Lene
lagranpuchica

Post by lagranpuchica »

Hello Lene. I'm glad we sorted this out. :D I was not offended either. No worries. I just wanted to make sure that you knew I had taken Gonzo to the vet. No need to find an excuse for your advice. You meant well and I value that.
-Jay R
leo

Post by leo »

hey guys...come on,...not again...

but...lagranpuchica, your comment to lene net reading your post thoroughly was rather rude to me, but glad that you did not meant it to be that way...

anyway....this forum circulating through the globe...and, each of us come from diffrent region, thus our culture is diffrent...something offensive to 1, might not be offensive to another( not in the extreme case like scholding bad word, that would be offensive to every body)...and every body have diffrent sensitivity toward words and everything...

like pinkdevil said, we cant express our 100% facial expression through writing, even with the emoticons...

so, we dont really knowwhat the pther party emotion...we cant do anything but to try to think positively and take thing easy...this forum is to help and give help to people with their fids, so dont beat the purpose by having emotion war...

it seems to me that this forum is becoming rather irritating because some people are more concerned about pointing out other's faults than assisting with the real issue at hand, our fids

yea...thare have been kinda of bitter argument in this forum...but guys...i think everyone of us has diffrent opinion, breaders, expiriances ppl will mostly have diffrent opinion with beginers and just pet owner...

but every one of us, im sure we are arguing about how to make fid happy...and im sure it is not point finger at one and anoterher...even sometimes it is hars....

come on...what we can do is not to take thing to heart...or else IRN board will be an' emotion opinion war' board

hi Poochletty...hope the blue fid is okay...mind update us with the picture of the wing

i hope i dont offend anybody here...

thanks
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Poor Gonzo! I hope he mends soon. Big hugs for Gonzo!! So happy it didnt turn out worse. :(

Gosh, I am a little disappointed in some of the members here. Why is it taken as if someones trying to hide something if they edit a post? Gonzo was taken to the vet. I know because I read it the first time before it was edited. People might of taken things the wrong way. All is needed is an apology or some understanding. The bickering on this board needs to stop. It doesnt make this board look very enviting to newbies. Just disappointing. Please try and keep an open mind here and respect other people, we can't see them personally, we just read. We all love our birds, I wonder what theyd think of all this over them and their lil lives lol. I'm not naming anyone, its just general thoughts of this community here, thats all from me.

Best wishes for Gonzo! :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

We shouldnt be worried about people taking offense here, nor should be 'tip toe' around people from fear of being snapped at for saying something wrong. :wink: You cant judge someone from the words they type.
Lene

Post by Lene »

That's right, Lauren... As far as I'm concerned, I'm just watching out for posts, that Gonzo is OK. This really is my only concern.
Cheers

Lene
Oliver and Justin

like Lauren said....
but im gonna say it to :D

I just think that we just need to keep our gurad away. No one here i think is to mean rudeness. Like also lauren said New people come on here everday and if they see us argue all the time there just gonna turn away when maybe they have a sick Indain ringneck or really badly injured and they dont know what to do.
-Justin
julie

Post by julie »

yep and I also seen the cache page of it too :roll: its quite obvious that Lene is a target to some people because some thought she was picking on justin. There is a lot more that has been going on via pm that some would not see.
Last edited by julie on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
julie

Post by julie »

why would you have your bird out when there is a strange dog in the vacinity in the first place :?:
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Oh god poor bird, glad to hear he is ok.. Please take good care of him.
lagranpuchica

Post by lagranpuchica »

Most importantly, Gonzo is doing great this morning. Still not as boisterous as usual, but he'll get there. :D

julie wrote:why would you have your bird out when there is a strange dog in the vacinity in the first place :?:

Julie, you alrealdy know from my original post that my friend got Gonzo out of the cage. I didn't give him permission to do it. It all happened so quickly. He got the bird out, the bird flew to the ground, and the the dog attacked him. I've already admitted it was a mistake. What more do you want from me? Accidents happen. It won't happen again. You live you learn. What are you trying to get out of all this?

I normally don't come to this site all that often. I'm not an expert on birds, by any means, like many others who visit this site for advice. All I know is that I've grown up with birds my whole life and love their companionship. I come here once in a while to search through posts and get answers to what I need. I don't post hardly anything. I'm not sure I'll want to start a thread ever again for fear of being singled out.
-Jay R
Bella

Post by Bella »

Julie the only targetting i can see is coming from you i read all the new posts and there have been arguments yes but i do not see people trying to target lene. Yes lene has said things that have been misconstrued but then have been resolved and lene offers very good advice and tips. Lagranpuchica has resolved their issue with lene and stated that it was not intended as a rude comment but now you are starting arguments and intentionally being rude. I can see why new people would turn away from this site because of all the arguing but it is a great place and very informative and not always turned into personal arguments. I think that the arguments should stop and some people need to remember why we are all here OUR FIDS i also read lagranpuchicas post before editing and only spelling was changed.
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Oliver and Justin

Bella i agree.

Julie. you messaged me and thought lene was picking at me. If you remember correctly.

This getting blown way out of proportion. Lene offers great advice and if you would look above lagranpuchicas said it was resloved with lene.

Lets not start something again that was like on my post. There is no need. Cause it doesnt help.

We are here to offer advice not critisism. Mistakes happen and we just go. If you dont like what the owner does there is really nothing you can do expect tell them how you feel on the internet. But its the owners gut feeling.

And please lagranpuchicas keep posting, it shouldnt matter what people say you know how much you love your bird and you know hwat happened so it shouldnt matter what everyone on the internet :roll: thinks

:D
-Justin
Poochletty

Post by Poochletty »

I'm so happy that Gonzo is doing better. I hope all goes quickly on the mend. And Hello to you as well Leo. My blue isn't hurt, if you thought that, but thank you for your concern just the same. I was intending to say that hearing about what a scary thing happened to Gonzo makes me want to be prepared if anything ever did happen to my fid. I think it is very lucky that Gonzo's parront was so well prepared and thought calmly and quickly enough to attend to him so efficiently. My applause to you lagranpuchica for being a great protector. Accidents happen no matter how hard we try to prevent them, but you responding so well is what saved little Gonzo. In the same situation, I fear I might have panicked. He's lucky to have you. And vice versa. :D
leo

im so sorry Poochletty

Post by leo »

OMG...
im so sorry Poochletty...i was a little stunted to see the argument AGAIN...and was typing in the hurry and in my hiding...because i was typing it in my class and was worried get caught by my teacher...thats why i was mix up with the name and everything....
but i mean to be lagranpuchica....

really sorry....really...really.... :oops:

anyway...yea...i feel this argument is noe needed at all...its wasting of time...and i agree with bella...there is nothin important to be argued...

or may be seggestion to admin, make 1 special forum for them to argue,... :lol: hehe...kidding...yea, but if im a new comer, i would not hesitate not to join and askfor help...coz, by reading this kind of argument...it is no help at all...may be help in arguing skill :lol:
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Poochletty

Post by Poochletty »

:D No need to apologize. I think it's great that there are so many caring people on this forum. And you are obviously one of them.

:( As a still somewhat new member myself, I have to say that this whole bickering thing has made me (and quite a few others I imagine) a little reluctant to post anything on this forum. Nobody wants to be challenged or verbally attacked. I think the appropriate thing to do, if you find something in a post offensive, would be to privately message that individual and ask for clarification. Or better yet, ignore it. It was probably meant well. We are all good people here and we all love our Ringnecks. We are here to share that love. Unfortunately, that seems to be getting pushed aside. :cry:

This post was originally about poor little Gonzo. And I hope he is doing well. Lagranpuchica, please keep us updated with Gonzo's progress. :?:
lagranpuchica

Post by lagranpuchica »

Gonzo keeps getting better and better. Thanks to everyone for all your comments and well wishes. A big kiss to all from Gonzo! :D
-Jay R
Bella

Post by Bella »

robhyper7 wrote:
Oliver and Justin wrote:Bella i agree.

Julie. you messaged me and thought lene was picking at me. If you remember correctly.

This getting blown way out of proportion. Lene offers great advice and if you would look above lagranpuchicas said it was resloved with lene.

Lets not start something again that was like on my post. There is no need. Cause it doesnt help.

We are here to offer advice not critisism. Mistakes happen and we just go. If you dont like what the owner does there is really nothing you can do expect tell them how you feel on the internet. But its the owners gut feeling.

And please lagranpuchicas keep posting, it shouldnt matter what people say you know how much you love your bird and you know hwat happened so it shouldnt matter what everyone on the internet :roll: thinks

mate ur a little gronk do urself a favour and keep ur gob closed from here on in... did u forget ur sad pathetic posts ? u little **** leave this place dude ur a embaressment.

I dont think there is a need for more personal attacks its very childish! Everyone has left it there is no need to drag it back up. Everyone has a right to post on here and should not be told to stay away and not to post on here. This thread is about a FID not a thread for arguments.

Lagranpuchica im very glad that Gonzo is getting better :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

mate ur a little gronk do urself a favour and keep ur gob closed from here on in... did u forget ur sad pathetic posts ? u little **** leave this place dude ur a embaressment.

OMG robhyper please stop that!! We dont want this forum to be infected with stupid and nasty post like many other forum! If you are just going to cause trouble and do something dumb then please dont do it here, we want to keep this forum gentle and mature where we can get helpful information!

BTW Its good to hear gonzo is doing well, keep up the great work!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I am so glad that Gonzo is on the road to recovery. One tough little bird.

Last edited by pinkdevil on Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Love is with you Gonzo, have you got a photo of him recovering would love to see one:)

Amazon says hi
Sharlene and Amazon
Poochletty

Post by Poochletty »

I'm so happy that Gonzo is doing well. These little ones sure do work their way into our hearts. Thanks for keeping us posted. A
Oliver and Justin

robhyper7 wrote:
Oliver and Justin wrote:Bella i agree.

haha wats up with this?

Any way glad to here everything is well with gonzo! :D
-Justin
WasasMum

Post by WasasMum »

whoa whoa whoa people... if our fids were acting like this we would put them in their cages and ignore them!
I am actually feeling really embarrassed reading this thread.
I am so pleased the Gonzo is feeling much better and back to his old gorgeous self... Wasa did the same thing Amazon did went up the screen and gave it a little lick lol.....

Telling people how to deal with their parrots kind of reminds me of an overbearing grandmother trying to interfere with a mother raising her children. As much as we hate to realise it - it is the owners decision and it is the owner who knows their parrot. For instance - I do not let strangers put their hands near Wasa because I do not know if he will bite them or not. Some things are completely out of our control like someone taking your parrot out of their house. It is obvious just how much Lagranpuchica loves her baby, otherwise she would not have been so concerned.
I am here to get advice on these gorgeous little fids, and to share my experiences with everyone, if I want drama over nothing I will tune in to Jerry Springer.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

WasasMum wrote: if I want drama over nothing I will tune in to Jerry Springer.

You mean that show is still going?? lol

Bella

Post by Bella »

WasasMum wrote:whoa whoa whoa people... if our fids were acting like this we would put them in their cages and ignore them!
I am actually feeling really embarrassed reading this thread.
I am so pleased the Gonzo is feeling much better and back to his old gorgeous self... Wasa did the same thing Amazon did went up the screen and gave it a little lick lol.....

Telling people how to deal with their parrots kind of reminds me of an overbearing grandmother trying to interfere with a mother raising her children. As much as we hate to realise it - it is the owners decision and it is the owner who knows their parrot. For instance - I do not let strangers put their hands near Wasa because I do not know if he will bite them or not. Some things are completely out of our control like someone taking your parrot out of their house. It is obvious just how much Lagranpuchica loves her baby, otherwise she would not have been so concerned.
I am here to get advice on these gorgeous little fids, and to share my experiences with everyone, if I want drama over nothing I will tune in to Jerry Springer.

I rather like the steve wilko show lol
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

[quote="Telling people how to deal with their parrots kind of reminds me of an overbearing grandmother trying to interfere with a mother raising her children. As much as we hate to realise it - it is the owners decision and it is the owner who knows their parrot. For instance - I do not let strangers put their hands near Wasa because I do not know if he will bite them or not. Some things are completely out of our control like someone taking your parrot out of their house. It is obvious just how much Lagranpuchica loves her baby, otherwise she would not have been so concerned.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking, so very true... ok one more nasty comment and this thread will be locked. Sorry lagranpuchica for the mess on your thread. :(
bec

Post by bec »

im so glad gonzos doing better!!!!! :D :D :D
i read through all of the posts & while there was some that i got a bit upset about i must admit i was very proud to see how many people rushed to defend lagranpuchica & it made me realise that we realy are like a world wide family
a lot of bickering true but all cause by the protective feelings that the babies inspire
all anyone here wants is happy ,healthy fids i mean face it if we didnt care why would we even be here?
but then again mum always said i could find good in any situation because i never stop looking till i find it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lagain i state i am so glad that gonzo is doing better & hope to here more about his road to recovery!!!!
Melika

Post by Melika »

Donna wrote:Kwik Stop should have never been used on the birds skin you were doing better using the flour or corn starch. If you have ever used that stuff on your own open cut IT BURNS!! and the birds will taste it when it starts preening and that's not good for them either it contains sulfer. The only time Kwik Stop should be used is on toe nails.

Donna

So... ignoring the rest, lol. >.>

I'm glad only blood feathers were broken on Gonzo, and glad he'll be fine. That's quite an ordeal for a birdie and you! :shock:

The reason I quoted Donna here, is I think you should add the tip about styptic powder to your first post, that way anyone reading it knows NOT to use it on a bird's skin wound. I worry that some may read just the opening post and misunderstand. :(
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
lagranpuchica

Post by lagranpuchica »

Here's an updated pic of Gonzo. His feathers are coming back in. He's doing great. Thanks everyone!

-Jay R
Bella

Post by Bella »

Thats great so glad he is better he is gorgeous such lovely colouring :)