New Oliver Pics! (last pics before dna sexed)

Moderator: Mods

Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

Just ordered a kit

Feather plucking Oh boy will he be mad

But man i am so nervous :(

I just really want a male

and if i get a female i am afraid i will be dissapointed :(

but i will make it work
-Justin
skibum

Post by skibum »

I know what you mean - however I resigned myself to Max being a female and me being "Dad" to a little girl and was looking forward to it but breeder was right and Max was a male.

But hey, honestly I don't think you will be disappointed anyway - not really.

I am worried I will be disappointed if Ziggy is a female cos the males are so much brighter in colour, but they are all so fabulous anyway I don't care. Even tho the blues are a lot more expensive - and all the other colour mutations, the vividness of the greens is pretty spectacular on males. Plus you get yellow and turquoise thrown in for good measure.

It is more the personality and bond you develop that is more important at the end of the day, and despite some people's opinions I still think they are creatures of their environment no matter whether male or female, so unless you treat Oliver different as a boy rather than girl, s/he should turn out relatively the same.
Oliver and Justin

thanks skibum :D

that puts a good outlook on everything

and like see someone he has some female charactersotcs but some people seem to think theres is female cause they act like one and some females act like males so

its only dna is the way i will post results when i get them
-Justin
Oliver and Justin

ok everyone

ordered a dna sexing kit and i have to pluck some feathers

Does anyone know if they send u an email saying they got your order to send the kit out or does it jus come :D

Will post news and what the gender his on here :D
-Justin
wannabe

Post by wannabe »

Any news yet???
This is pretty exciting.... :)
Oliver and Justin

well....

No news because i havent done it yet

I havent been on here or posted alot because im having alot of trouble with oliver. :(

biting, lunging, growling, all at me. And its like he has become untame to me and my family. Its so weird.

There has been nothing that changed or anything. Same ole routine.

Is there a possiblity he could be reverting back to untame? :cry:
-Justin
Oliver and Justin

I am too the point now them him that i could give him to another good home :cry:

So....
-Justin
wannabe

Post by wannabe »

No way!!! I'm sure it is just a phase.
I think you would miss him terribly from reading some of your posts perhaps it's the time of year or something for him.
Don't do anything hasty!
Oliver and Justin

he is not only mean to me

but to everyone else too and i just cant have that

if i did get rid of him i would get another mabye an alexandrine

But not sure what im doing just waiting it out

It has been going on for almost 2 months now
-Justin
Donna

Post by Donna »

I am too the point now them him that i could give him to another good home

Probably not a bad idea. Sometimes we have to be mature enough to say "I just don't have what it takes to own a bird." That doesn't make you a bad person. Just not a bird person! :wink:

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Oliver and Justin

well not nesscarly not a bird person either

Just need one that fits up well :wink:

I mean i one before oliver that was GREAT! But he got Killed by dog :cry:

he was perfect

So but i havent decided yet so
-Justin
Oliver and Justin

because i feel i am a bird person :wink:
-Justin
Donna

Post by Donna »

Justin you need to go here and READ it all

http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3770

If you think one bird is going to be easier then another you are sadly mistaken :cry: I'm sorry you are having so much trouble out of Oliver but it's not fair to him to be disguarded because he didn't add up to your expections. Birds are for life, if you were a true bird person and understood them you would know that. Sorry to be so harsh but facts are facts and you are just looking for an easy way out.

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
Oliver and Justin

Donna you may have a stong opinion about this

But trust me im NOT LOOKING FOR A WAY OUT :evil:

I have been dealing with this for a long time 2 months.

Getting bit almost everytime getting in out of cage and etc.

So please dont tell me im looking for an easy way out cause im not

I had a great bird loved it FOR "life"
It happened and i moved on

Got this one and it hasnt worked out

I am sure you have a had a animal that has not worked out

i mean a bird is a pet just like others

So some work and some dont

So if he goes to a good home and loves it then im happy

and i can move on
-Justin
Donna

Post by Donna »

You are right about one thing and that is I do have a strong opinion on this subject.

I'm the one that takes in the unwanted birds that nobody can handle. I have even had them left on my door step with notes on them, so yeah I have a real problem with people throwing away a bird just to turn around and get another one.
2 months is not long at all for him to be going through a phase you don't understand and refuse to cope any longer with it. Have you taken him to a vet to rule out any illnesses? Probably Not! You just think he's mean and you can't have that (your words not mine)

I am sure you have a had a animal that has not worked out

Can't say I have. The animals that I take in have been so mentally hurt from being tossed from home to home just because people did not take the time and energy to understand their needs.

So It is probably better for your bird to go to a good home but don't turn around and get another one, It probably won't work out for you either.

Stick with a puppy or kitten, Rats seem to be popular around here try one of those :roll:

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
Oliver and Justin

well donna... im glad you have taken on this to have a bunch of birds and help them

I am not throwing him away! Why cant you understand that.

Gaw you act like i dont even care.

Fist off you dont even know me and you shouldnt judge me.

I tried to get and do everything i could but for some reason its not working.

So if you want to keep making a person feel bad about not taking care of their birds or im just throwing them away. think again

Let me tell you something. I am very happy that you take in birds and help them thats great. But you seem to think if someone does something that you like you should just be harsh and mean.

I know you said not to be harsh but it was. So I feel like im doing whats best. I mean i am trying to find someone that will give him love and care.

Sorry im not expericend as you :roll:
-Justin
Oliver and Justin

****correction

But you seem to think if someone does something that you dont like you should just be harsh and mean and personally attack them
-Justin
Bella

Post by Bella »

I must agree with justin donna you are very harsh and it seems you look down on alot of people who cant do things as good as you. ive seen alot of your posts that have snide comments in them. People are trying to learn here and not everyone can put up with a bird who is very agressive they shouldnt be made to feel as if they are a bad person because they can do anything more to help their bird.
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Donna

Post by Donna »

Oliver and Justin wrote:well donna... im glad you have taken on this to have a bunch of birds and help them

I am not throwing him away! Why cant you understand that.

Gaw you act like i dont even care.

Fist off you dont even know me and you shouldnt judge me.

I tried to get and do everything i could but for some reason its not working.

So if you want to keep making a person feel bad about not taking care of their birds or im just throwing them away. think again

Let me tell you something. I am very happy that you take in birds and help them thats great. But you seem to think if someone does something that you like you should just be harsh and mean.

I know you said not to be harsh but it was. So I feel like im doing whats best. I mean i am trying to find someone that will give him love and care.

Sorry im not expericend as you :roll:

I'm not attacking you at all, just trying to educate you a little.
I totally agree with finding him a new home what I don't agree with is turning around and getting another bird (that just totally blows my mind).
A parrot is going to be a parrot no matter how you raise it. It's going to go through physical and mental changes through out it's whole life weather you like it or not, so I'm just saying your having problems with this little bird and want to rehome him. Is this going to be an on going habit of yours to just keep getting birds till you find the PERFECT one? I don't think your going to find that bird anywhere.
To me they are all perfect but they all bite, they all have mood swings, and they all deserve to be aloud to have these feelings.

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
wannabe

Post by wannabe »

Does anyone live with a bird that is/has always been territorial of their cage and just maybe do things differently have a cage where you can water from the outside and feed etc... Clean them out when they are not in there...
If he is generally nice when he's out it might be an option for you..
I am sure you have thought of all the options though since I have read a few of your posts and you sound like you wouldnt' give your bird up easily.
Oliver and Justin

ok?

I had a perfect bird

Untill is passed

So if you think its such a bad idea to turn around and get another one is stuipd then so be it

Im not turning right around

I have been looking for a home for a month and mabye another bird 1/4 of that.

I didnt post this on here because of people like you being very harsh and mean

And quite frankly i could care less what you think :roll:

but i do think about what you say, Yes all birds are moody, some being not as much, and lots of birds bite. I do know that.

But im just trying to do what is best and its hard for me to get rid of him but i feel he would be happier.

So if you dont like that either then so what . Because its my bird and i think its best.
-Justin
ElliottsMomma

Post by ElliottsMomma »

Justin...I know we have never spoken before but I really really don't think you should get rid of Oliver just yet. I am in no way judging you, I just think you should put 110% in to this before you make a decision. Have you tried rearranging his cage, maybe he is moody becuase he is too bored? Talk to you vet and see if they can suggest anything. Does he bite you as soon as you take him out of the cage or is it after a little while? Maybe you could take him out more often but for shorter times? Try talking to him while he is in his cage. Where is his cage located? Maybe you could try moving it. Elliott is in the lving room and he loves it there. He is always in the center of everything! I have also heard that clipping thier wings can also help with taming, so that might be an option. I am just saying that if it were me I would exhaust all of my options before rehoming him. Like I said, I don't know you or Olover, I am just trying to think of things that might save you from having to give him away. Every bird is different and they each have their own unique personality so it may not work, but at least you can say you gave it your all. Good luck to you!
Oliver and Justin

i do understand what your saying. Will try of that stuff i just think its more than that. Biting is all the time. Out or in the cage.

thank you for your input and for not being harsh or judgemental
-Justin
ElliottsMomma

Post by ElliottsMomma »

Sometimes things don't work out the way you want them to. That is part of life. If you feel you have done everything in your power to make it work and it won't, then you did your best. That is all that anyone can ever ask of you! Good luck!!
Oliver and Justin

thank you so much for saying that

that is what i think

So i am still leaning toward that but still undecided
-Justin
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

My personal opinion is animals and humans are similar at times. Some animals just don't like or will not get on with some people. Like, every person in the world WILL NOT get along with each other no matter how well they try to, personality clashes etc. Same with every animal WILL NOT get along with every animal, whether it be dog, cat or bird. If 2 dogs will not tolerate and are agressive to each other, do you just let them "sort it out" until they are FORCED to become friends (if they don't kill each other in the mean time)?
I think if someone has tried everything they can, asked for help and ideas, put in the effort and given plenty of time and things still just don't work out, then in the birds (and the persons) best interest, maybe another loving and caring home is better. Someone who is more experienced or equipped with handling birds who are not suited to their present enviroment. After all, if the bird has gone from a friendly bird to an agressive one, maybe the bird just is not suited or happy in that enviroment anymore for whatever reason. Some breeds just are not suited to some people.

Donna I do understand your frustration with people dumping their birds when they are tired or bored with them, especially if they have not bothered to put in the effort. After all it is not the birds fault for being a bird and doing what comes naturally to them.

Having said that, Justin, how old is Oliver? How long have you had him? Has there been any changes to his routine?
I know with my handraised IRN she went through a very bitey stage for a few months. She would actually fly on me then within a few seconds bite chunks out of me. I tried a few different things and found one that slowed her agression down abit, even though she still bit. That was last year some time and now she is a great bird. She is not like my other handraised IRNs with affection. She just likes to be in on the action and quite happy to sit on my shoulder or hand. Suits me fine. Each bird is different. I have my other affectionate birds who I can give cuddles to when they want it.
If you can Justin, I would try to persevere for awhile longer yet. Maybe Oliver is going through a "stage" . Perhaps Oliver is female which could explaine the change in personallity.
Hope things work out for you

:)
Oliver and Justin

It could be a female. But I tell you there are chunks out of my hand and i just dont want that. I agree wit everything you say about how some animals and humans dont get along and everything.Oliver is a year old. And some may say this is not long enough to decide what to do but i feel that is has been this on going thing for 2 months now. I want a bird that loves me and is my friend. Not one i have to teach that. How fun is that? There has beem no change in his routine what so ever. It has stayed the same all the time. Nothing. So that is why I am so stumped. I get on here and everyone is having a good time with there bird and I go over to talk to oliver and he just pins and growls and everything. Been like this for 2 months! 2 whole months. Of none stop biting and agreesion and its come t a point now where i cant handle with out gloves. I mean he lunges him at me when i change water and food.

I feel like i have done everything i can do. I have held with a glove at my chest and said shhhhhh count less of times to try and get him to be calm. I have let him bite me and not react. I have said no in just a calm voice. I have done countless things. So i am just to the point of where i am just very sad about the whole thing. I mean it is just a really bad situation. I really think that maybe it is time to move on. There is either something here he doesnt like, Or i did something to piss him off that i dont know about. I mean he just doesnt bite me he bites everyone like he is pissed off at the world.
-Justin
Petey

Post by Petey »

My dear young man, Justin (at least that's what your picture indicates)

"""""I want a bird that loves me and is my friend. Not one I have to teach that"""""""
Has anyone ever told you that a parrot will instantly fall in love with a person and the parrot will stay that way? Parrots go thru their phases as many other animals do. That includes people. My wife goes through phases and sometimes they last for a while. Those are the times that I really feel like trading her in but I know that she does the good cooking, keeps a clean house, does my laundry etc. I don't trade her in cause I can't be guaranteed that I'll find another one that will please me. What happens if I trade her in and the next one turns out to be a lemon? Do I go looking for #3 ? You can't buy a bird and expect it to be the way you want it to be ALL THE TIME. This not only includes necks but also other species of parrots, small, medium and large. The bird you have is a baby whether you believe it or not. That young bird will act differently towards you and others at any time it wants to and that's a part of parrot ownership that you'll have to be aware of in the future. Every successful parrot owner eventually finds out that parrots will be parrots cause it's their ingrained nature to be parrots.

"""""""I have held with a glove at my chest and said shhhhhh count less of times to try and get him to be calm.""""""
I want you to be perfectly honest here...did someone on this board or any other board ever tell you or suggest to you that you should use gloves when dealing with parrots???? If there's a person here or anywhere else that did that to you then that person should be scolded and told not to give out that type of idiotic advise to anyone. About gloves....for every 2 steps forward in which you make progress, using a glove will then set that whole thing back 10 steps. In the parrot world , gloves are a no no.

"""""Been like this for 2 months! 2 whole months."""""

Im my eyes, no one has told you that one of the key elements of parrot ownership is LONG TERM patience. 2 mts can't even be considered baby steps.

That statement above above you wanting a bird that will love, not having to teach it to love you is very disturbing. Tell me something.. and be very honest here...what will you do if the next bird you get starts to behave the same way as this one does?? Is it gonna be on to a third bird?? Do you honestly think that anyone out there selling necks has the ability to forecast the future?? Just like that gal here named Donna or whatever her name is, I deal with older birds of different species. They have different temperments, different personalities, have different problems and that's simply the way it is. That woman says that people drop their birds off at her door with notes attached. Well, I guess that's the way it is with her. No one drops birds off at my door cause my dog would hear them and go after them. Those people just simply knock on my door.

Justin, sometimes, you're gonna have to swallow your pride and accept the fact that some people out there that give you advise that comes from experience are gonna be people who are gonna be sometimes harsh and sometimes blunt. They're not gonna molly coddle you or anyone else. The good thing about people like that is they've passed the point of worrying about what others are gonna say if they are blunt and harsh.
Last edited by Petey on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wannabe

Post by wannabe »

Maybe Oliver is wanting his/her space at the moment you are tooo young to feel so stressed about something that should be a hobby and enjoyment.
I know you need to keep on top of Ringnecks so they don't get untamed but by the sounds of it you are keeping on top of it, maybe your birds personality is just wanting some 'me' time...
I have a Kakariki and before I got him I had read a lot about what personality traits he would most probably have and we let him have his space, when I decided to be all over him like a rash he did start lunging etc at me. He comes and goes as he pleases is a joy to watch let's me clip his nails etc without a problem but as far as the come on buddy let's hang out on my shoulder/arm/hand etc, it just isn't what he wants out of life. We have had him for 5 years and he is a joy.

On top of hormones which it may well most probably be perhaps you could reevaluate the relationship you could have with Oliver.
Oliver and Justin

could be

But i dont get him out as much as i used too so i guess that could be a posiblity :?
-Justin
Donna

Post by Donna »

Petey wrote:in, sometimes, you're gonna have to swallow your pride and accept the fact that some people out there that give you advise that comes from experience are gonna be people who are gonna be sometimes harsh and sometimes blunt. They're not gonna molly coddle you or anyone else. The good thing about people like that is they've passed the point of worrying about what others are gonna say if they are blunt and harsh.

:D
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

i have spoken with justin about this privately he is very upset about this decision but if him and oliver dont bond and he can find a loving for him then there is no harm done if they dont bond there will not be a good relationship between justin and oliver. he is not giving up just finding a bird better suited to his personality i am sure there are plenty of people who have had this problem. the alexandrine justin is getting he will be hand raising himself so they have that bond. justin is not throwing oliver away to a shelter or setting him into the wild he has taken the time to find a loving home for him unlike so many other people. and donna i understand where you are coming from you do great looking after unwanted birds but justin isnt like that and just because he isnt suited to one bird does mean he isnt a bird person. i love cookie my ringneck and sid my lovebird but the lovebird and i havent bonded from different personalities he has bonded with my partner who doesnt have a bond with cookie so i think that maybe when you are voicing your opinion you should try sound a little less harsh you have no right to judge justin when you dont know the full story if he was just taking oliver to a shelter and dumping him there then fine but he is doing the right thing and finding the loving home himself so maybe you should lay off. justin dont worry bout everyone you know whats right and only you can make the decision
Oliver and Justin

1st off i would like to start of with petey

Ok dude you just need to chill ok?

This is all you opinion and THATS IT!

let me tell you something. This is the only kind of bird i have owned so if you expect me to be all expericned on this like i have aready said THINK AGIAN.

ok seconly about the glove.

My breeder that i got oliver from said to do this. Glove is not gonna hurt. Its not like its gonna do something to it. It didnt do anyhting to oliver expect MAKE HIM CALM. So yes i was told that . Or else i would be weary about it. THANKS :roll:

3rd off You may think that way but im sure besides me believe other wise. I would not train a animal to love me. If it didnt i dont think it will so it needs to go somewhere else. Thats the dumbest thing i have heard. yes i know mine is baby i bought it remeber? DUH! Ok and i really have no intrest in how you get birds

Mabye you should take you PRIDE somewhere elese. Instead of basically of getting worked up. Would you say that to my face? Honestly i wouldnt think you would. probably in a nicer fashion. But hey were on the interent and i only have 15 posts so lets just be a rude little (^*& and get all worked up.

I get what your saying. But you could have been alot nice about it. So why dnot you go get in your LITTLE BIRD WORLD .

I should have never posted this and it could have been done with/

IM not trying to upset anyone. I thought this was a place for help. Cuase i would not recommend this site.
So anyone else who is gonna post here plase dont get worked up just say what you gotta say. Because i am learning HERE. And im not 50 and have and had have 500 birds so cool it ALL OF YOU.

I guess if you guys really get that upset and mad at some teenager trying to learn about bireds i just need to leave.

And dont come back on here and be like oh blah blah it didnt mena to sound like that or you come on here asking for this. NO i didnt asked to get a smart alec on here and say everything that is wrong. I asked for help.

So take it somewhere else if you goona be like that.
-Justin
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

i agree with justin most of us on here are new at this if the experienced bird owners dont want to help why come on maybe you should start a site for experts only so you dont have to worry about inexperienced people asking for advise and help
julie

Post by julie »

alana8819 wrote:i agree with justin most of us on here are new at this if the experienced bird owners dont want to help why come on maybe you should start a site for experts only so you dont have to worry about inexperienced people asking for advise and help

The experienced bird owners have been saying give oliver some more time :roll: I have an Alexandrian that was hand raised from 3 weeks and sorry to say but just because he was hand raised by me doesn't automatically mean that he wont be temperamental. I get growled at and he often tries to bite but it is something that birds do, I can only imagine what its going to be like when he actually works out how to actually bite me because its kinda a really big beak that they have :shock:
Oliver and Justin

wow so that means some alexandrines are Differenet

WOW!
that means an expericned owner was wrong

Some parrots arent the same

:shock:

:roll:
-Justin
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

i know that just because it is handraised doesnt mean it wont bite all birds bite all i am saying is that people on here dont have to be condescending when speaking to new bird owners i understand that birds bite cookie does it every bird i have ever owned does it but if justin feels he hasnt bonded with oliver and some one else can experience the joy of that bird then why should he keep it when he is going to resent the bird and the bird will hate him. justin can hand raise a baby and if it works out fantastic if not then maybe you can say he isnt a bird person. if oliver is going to a loving caring home where he will be looked after and loved what is the problem? i understand that so many birds are neglected and unloved because people buy them and get bored or give up when it is too hard but justin is not doing that, he had a wonderful bird before that he bonded with and loved and looked after why cant he get a baby and raise it and love it just because him and oliver aren't suited i know people who have owned hundreds of birds over their life and who have loved them all but at some stage they have all come across one bird who would be better suited to someone else no matter how hard they try let oliver go to his new home and be tamed and raised by a person suitable until its too late and he cant bond with anyone because him and justin had a bad relationship why drag on the inevitable. if oliver is loved and justin gets a baby he loves and who loves him no harm done better then giving oliver to a shelter and having him bounced from home to home
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

WOW :shock: alot of emotions flying around here.

It is very clear that all in this forum adore their birds.

My understanding of a forum (any forum) is to assist, educate and help members with less experience and knowledge of whatever the forum is about. After all, if people are taking the time to join and ask questions to improve their relationship or care of birds, doesn't that mean something???

Being online and not face to face, it makes it hard to know whether the person that is asking the question is 10 or 100 yrs old (and does it really matter?). I know if I was a child/adult joining a forum and asking for assistance to gain knowledge and I was "spoken" to as some are here, it would make me lose faith in the so called "friendly" forums and I would decide NOT to ask questions or advice and just "go it alone" and hope for the best. By doing this, chances are I would be doing all the wrong things and my bird would not be getting the best care it could be.

I can understand that after the 100th time of repeating something, patience wears thin, but isn't that the whole point of a forum? So newbies can learn?
I don't think attacking members to get a point across is the way to go. You know how the saying goes....catch more flies with honey!

:)
Lene

Post by Lene »

I know what you mean, Pinkdevil...

I joined this forum, when I was looking to get an Alexandrine (Never got the Alex, as I rescued a Corella instead) and late in October I got my first Indian Ringneck...

When I saw all the behaviour posts here, I thought I would share my experience with clicker training, and pointed people to BirdClick, where I learnt all I know...

It wasn't received well on this board (the suggestions about clicker training), and I received quite a few very negative posts, and felt very un-welcome.

I do agree with Donna and Petey and others about disposable pets... How can you have a pet for a whole year, and then just get rid of it?

I did promise Justin not to give him any more advice, but clicker training works extremely well with aggressive birds... much more so, than with a timid one.
Cheers

Lene
mickey blue

Post by mickey blue »

hi justin i seriously recomend having his wings clipped befor getting rid of oliver. mickey went through a similar stage and i was going to give up just like you until i read that clipping is recomended for taming afterwards he was so much more loving and easier to handle. good luck with watever option you choose just please dont give up just yet .
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

Cheese-- alot of emotions expressed! (never thought that people would get so upset)

I have read through the post and how the conversation developed..... I think that everybody has a falid point here---

However, Justin, i dont think that re-homing Oliver should be your solution-- Im sure that Little Oliver does love you-- he knows that you are his owner! He is now also in adolecent phase which makes them moody-- sure you know that---

You have to grasp that Oliver is an individual --- a little bird with his own little personality and he needs to be respected....

If you had a baby and he got to about 6yrs old-- he starts throughing tantrums causes problems at school and so forth-- would you take him to the closest salvation army and hope that the next baby would not be so troublesome?

You adopted Little Oliver as your fid-- you are the parent and the responsibility is big! You have to nurture him and take care of him day after day= that is the responsibility that comes with having a bird--esp- one that is dependent on human contact!!

I know that you dont know everything-- thats ok and trust me neither do i, but the basics stay the same! I think that you should take advise from everybody and leave the rest behind-- I think that Donna and Petey have good advise-- Donna has helped me a lot and she and Petey have another prespective and respect them for that-- (i think that your comments were rude and immature) Everybody's experiences are different and we all have our problems with our fids!

I hope that Oliver is still with you--

Wouldnt it be nice if maybe in a couple of months you can write a post informing all of us that your love and presistence with Oliver has payed of and you guys are making progress..... instead of starting all over again!!!??? I do trust that Oliver will come round--- he is just hormonal and maybe he feels a bit neglected--???

I have gained so much knowledge from this site and i have never had problems with peeps here--- i eagerly look at the pic and follow stories! I take what i need from other peoples advise and know that in every situation--- things are different!

Please do not see my post as a personal attack or judgement or anything close to that.... its not my intention-- i dont think that anybody was out to judge you--- WE RESPECT EACHOTHERS OPINIONS!

if you however re-home Oliver-- i trust that you will find the best home for him-- he will always remember you and will probably never be the same with someone els......

I hope that you come right with your problem.....I think that you should keep Oliver
julie

Post by julie »

Oliver and Justin wrote:wow so that means some alexandrines are Differenet

WOW!
that means an expericned owner was wrong

Some parrots arent the same

:shock:

:roll:

you have got me a little lost with this comment, what are you referring too??
Oliver and Justin

sorry had to be a little bit of a smart alec

Someone said that all parrots are the same

And you said your alexanedrine bit and then alana has this sweet alexandrines so i was like PARROTS ARE DIFFERENT

:oops:
-Justin
Oliver and Justin

oh and lene you can post on my things i post

It was just a miss understanding about what we said

Lets just put it past us and move on

:D
-Justin
leo

hi

Post by leo »

hi...

for my point of few after folowing the thread...
yup
everybody has their point...but, may be its the way they put it across...

to me, donna has her point as well, as she want bird to be happy and fall for right person(bird person), but may be she put it across alittle harsly, like saying justin isnot a bird person...to me justin has not enough expiriance and he feels that oliver is not well bonded with him...i believe bird bond diffrently with another person(like coco, my indo neighbour cocatoo) that bond with me better than his owner.....donna statement "justin isn't a bird person and should be looking for another pet" might be verry discouraging and sound like attack...justin is a growing man, im sure he knows what to do...we should respect his decicion...if he decide to try on another bird, so let him...may be he will get another 1 better....

anyway, again, he is not just hack and off hand of oliver...he give effort to find better and more suited home and parent for him...

the way i look at oliver living, im very sure oliver has done his best yet, cant cope with the unbearable oliver...

may be we should put ourself in justin shoe...

we want bird that loving and fun...he can only own ONE bird, and sure he expect the best of the ONE..no room for failure here...

oliver, i know u ve given your best, i know we and u love oliver, and i know oliver love you....what i think is he goingthrough some hormonal stage...

my opinion, give it more time...
anyway,again, choice is alwasy yours

donna,u sure have helped me and other newbee alot here...but, im sorry, you have the point, but may be you put it a little too hars...

we come from diffrent place around the earth, come with diffrent culture,but with 1 attention, learn, practice and teach...

everybody here are diffrent...so, may be we cant try to be as tactful as possible... dont let the newer member get a set back to ask or voice opinion...or even teach...

but donna, in this thread, to me, you are a little hars and sound attacking...
sorry
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Oliver and Justin

Everyone is gonna have their opoinion but it is all gonna come down to my gut feeling.

I had him out today alot and i have relized that he may think i am his mate. He is danceing to my hand and lunging at ot so ????

mabye he thinks i am his mate?
-Justin
nil

Post by nil »

before days, i was at a vet ( he is a friend of mine ) and come in a young man with a poor amazon.
i knew this guy, before months he took a baby macao from his father ( he is a mariner, he took the baby from africa, without papers, i think was wild) and finally kill this macao with his wrong handfeeding ( his lung was full of food).
The amazon was about 3-6 months old and this guy was dissapointed because the poor bird wasnt very tame and wasnt as he expected, so wanted from vet to give him tranquillizers.
He has allready given to amazon lexotanil but with not succefull. :evil:
This is only a story from thousands worldwide.
This human behaviour against animal is very unfair, cruel and egoistic.
The animals arent toys or pc games, but are living being with their own personality and we must respect them and dont try to manage them like pc programs.
Oliver and Justin

good point nil

but if this has anyhting to do with me being mean i dont why it should

Because this is not mean at all just a descussion.

I have decided to give oliver more time.
-Justin
julie

Post by julie »

See this is what I don't get, just because Alana has a super sweet Alex doesn't mean that you will get the same. Many of us on here have super tame irns but we had to work mighty hard to get them like that.
Oliver and Justin

never mind julie

just never mind

and correctoin**********not give one more time

Keep him
-Justin