Please help me decide on a new cagefor Blue?!

Moderator: Mods

Poochletty

Please help me decide on a new cagefor Blue?!

Post by Poochletty »

OK. I need to buy a bigger cage for Blue. I have about 1 week to decide on one. The measurements are in inches. I'm leaning toward the first cage because the interior dimensions are pretty big (32 wide x 22 deep x 46 tall), it looks very safe, and it is attractive. I really like the play area on top. I think the corner one is convenient but it is half the living space for my baby (24 deep on each side x 39 arched front x 44 tall). And the open top one is great (36 wide x 30 deep x 66 tall)... except I'm only 5 ft 4 in tall, so how do I reach to open it? Open it is 72 inches tall. What do you guys think? I would love a few other opinions. The prices are so close that they aren't a factor at all.

Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

i like the middle one :D :D
-Justin
nil

Post by nil »

i think the first is better,
the second has small space and the third is good too but how do you open it? :)
tat2edjenn

Post by tat2edjenn »

I HAVE THE TOP ONE FOR SAM AND HE LOVES IT
~~JENN AND SAM~~

Bella

Post by Bella »

i vote the 1st :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

i love the last one :D
Lene

Post by Lene »

I like the first one, because it has a fixed playarea, compared to the ones we open manually and insert a perch... Parrots have been known to get hurt on those... Paulie uses something similar to the last one, but I don't open the cage top, and it has a lock on it so Paulie can't open it himself.

The new one I bought for Cory (Corella) looks like the first one with dimensions of 40x30x74 in inches. Cory doesn't use the playarea, yet. Hopefully one day he will.
Cheers

Lene
mihai

Post by mihai »

I vote for the first :D
julie

Post by julie »

Last edited by julie on Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melika

Post by Melika »

I like the bottom one, but I really prefer dometops anyway. xD

I just wouldn't use the open top, that's all. I'm 5'1", lol, so I can't even reach Hane if he gets to the outside on top of his cage as it is. :?

Playtops take away space from the cage, to me, and Hane loves climbing across the bars (from the inside) on top. :D

But if you want a playtop, then get the first one. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
~~TC~~

Post by ~~TC~~ »

Not really knowing , but here is my two pennies worth...
I would choose the biggest or widest if the Alexies wing span is any thing to go by.
Good luck on picking, I am sure which ever one you choose the birdies will adore it :D
Poochletty

Post by Poochletty »

Thanks for all of the great advice and opinions. I decided to go with the first one. I really like the play area on top. I ordered it and now I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival. I know Blue will love it. Now I plan to build him a lovely tree to play on as well. He's gonna be a spoiled birdy! Haha.