More pictures of Hemi

Moderator: Mods

Pioneer

More pictures of Hemi

Post by Pioneer »

Hello all, Hope you all had a nice Christmas and a very happy new year to you all! Here's some more pics of Hemi, He is growing up a bit more now, apparently only 10 weeks old now. I finally took him outside! he loved it, but its a big world out there for a little bird:

And ever since all he's wanted is to go back out again hehe =)

He's also had his first bath

Any guesses of the sex yet? yeah i know, me either :P
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Hemi is such a cute baby!
I love your pic quality by the way.
Baz

Post by Baz »

He is lovely - i'm guessing the bird is a male. :)
Pioneer

Post by Pioneer »

I hope you are right baz :D I was wanting a green male, and eventually I'd like a yellow female aswell =)

Also, thanks giantfoot_truck, being a photographer always helps a bit when you get a new pet =)
Donna

Post by Donna »

I hate guessing at this young age but the beak is screaming female :? It's a cutie no matter what it is. :D

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Donna

Post by Donna »

The Green one is male and the blue one is female. In the pic of the green one he is 3 months old the female is about 12 years old but your baby is still young so it could change.

In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
leo

hi...can helpme guess too?

Post by leo »

hi, can help me guess too...my class mates are betting on the gender...it makes me really curious...haha,...

can help guess what the gender too..?.thanks alot...from my opinion,i see he look like male...

thanks for the comment.....inanyway, im not asking for 100% guarentee, just what u guys think...thanks lot :lol: :D :P
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
leo

hi, so sad....

Post by leo »

hi...so sad...how come nobody wana give comment or guess on my tango...whaaa...

please...? :(
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Melika

Post by Melika »

Just give us time, lol. Some of us can't come on every day. Or we have to keep ourselves from doing so! xD

I can't say, I just let them be whatever they are. :?

But I LOVE your avatar Pioneer! And Hemi is adorable. ^_^
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Pioneer

Tango male or female

Post by Pioneer »

hehe. They will reply in time Leo. I only get to read this every couple days.

I think its a female. it looks really female-ish to me =) just a hunch i got especially by that last pic.
Pioneer

Post by Pioneer »

Melika wrote: But I LOVE your avatar Pioneer! And Hemi is adorable. ^_^

Thanks Melika :D That was the first time he had a bath, he was a bit stunned I think hehe :D
leo

hi

Post by leo »

hi,thanks pioneer...whaa, seems like im gona lose the bet...haha...

i bet on male with my class mate...but in anyway, i will love tango as much, no diff...hehe
Pioneer

Post by Pioneer »

hehe. you still may win your bet, who knows :)
I really hope hemi is a male. I'll settle for a female, but I still REALLY hope its a male because I like the extra colours.
leo

hi

Post by leo »

ya
honestly, ialso want the extra colour on the neck...but i also don't mind having the plain 1...i love both...hehe
mihai

Post by mihai »

hey your IRN is out and don`t fly?
leo

he flies

Post by leo »

ya, he flies,

he will fly to where ever he never go...he really a curious bird....

im afraid to kae him out, eventhough he is clipped...maybe till he is a little big...

hmm, do you know when he will start his 1st molting?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Great pics Pioneer. Hemi reminds me of my little ones that I handreared.
I am definately not an expert but I will have a guess to.....thinking Hemi a he!!.

And leo, for tango I am going with female. Hmmm...if tango IS a girl, what a better excuse to get another bird!!!!!!??? :wink:

:)
Grelo

Post by Grelo »

Great to see everyone's birds,well done :D
Hemi look's guessing ??? a male, :) Let us know when you find out :)
Feather's are the best friend's
leo

hi

Post by leo »

hmm...can teach me on like how you guess tango is female? i cant see the diffrent...hehe...may be im abit shallow... :oops: :roll: :lol:
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

Really like this has been said:

It is almost impossible to tell a young ringencks sex

and since yours is really young it is impossible to tell

You might just have to wait it out.
-Justin
Pioneer

I think I'm Having a BOY!

Post by Pioneer »

Well it has been a bit of a wait, but i think i may have an educated guess as to what sex my bird Hemi is - a boy!

lately (last few weeks) Hemi has been doing a strange 'dance' towards his favorite bell. he pins his eyes, makes quiet calling sounds and appears to dry reach or vomit during the dance. not sure if this is normal, but i think i've read other posts about it before. either way he appears to be healthy both physically and in his behaviour, so i'm not concerned.

and Hemi has now started to moult too :D oh what fun to clean up feathers... this must mean he was about 8 months old when we got him, instead of the 8 weeks we were told by the pet store we bought him from :)

he only has a couple of blue tinged feathers in his chin area, but at the back of his head the green has become a little darker. it looks to be the start of a ring :D

did/does anyone else have a similar situation in regards to the vomiting boy dance? it doesn't worry me seeing as he's a healthy bird, but it would be nice to hear more information.

the moulting, dancing and feather changes all point to Hemi being a boy, but i guess only time will tell for sure :D thanks to all of you who took a random guess

Adam
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

i would guess boy too

I think oliver is male too :D

He is a 11 months and a little black ring is starting to come in under his beak
-Justin
~~TC~~

Post by ~~TC~~ »

Wow, you all have such wonderful babies ... can I ask a REALLY stupid question :oops: How can you take them our side and not loose them... I guess you have clipped them but even when clipped could they still not fly off from you? Again sorry for such a question :oops:
The pictures out side and amazing I love them!!!
Pioneer

Birds outside

Post by Pioneer »

Yes Hemi's wing is clipped so if he tries to fly he doesn't get far at all. Also when he's on my finger etc, he doesn't actually even look to fly anywhere. He loves it outside though, especially in the bushes and trees. But I have to be very careful and watch him all the time in case he climbs too high. I'm also going to trim the branches around it so he cant climb too high :D

Its not really a stupid question, they are very curious birds. I'm just lucky he doesn't look to go anywhere :D

heres some outside piccies:
~~TC~~

Post by ~~TC~~ »

Thank you for answering and putting my curiousity at ease :roll: :D

Again, fab pictures, there is nothing more wonderful than seeing a bird enjoying the out side world too.
My friend helps out with the local Birdline, helping abused and unwanted parrots and other birds, dont get me wrong not all of them are abused, but she adopted a cockatoo not so long ago that had been kept in a large budgie cage in a back bedroom for the past four years, when he was rescued and taken out side to the car he just could not cope with the huge out side world and turned in to a shivering wreak ... seeing your pictures makes it all the more sad for Coco.