What color is she?

Moderator: Mods

kare_bear

What color is she?

Post by kare_bear »

I have this female IRN, we always thought she was a blue but from some of the pics I have seen online she isnt as bright of a blue. She appears more of a "country blue", a dusty blue. We are just wondering for sure what her color is, any help is appreciated :)
Thanks
Kari

www.summersbirdsandchins.com/femaleIRN.jpg

PS: The towel is yellowed so dont let that throw you, she doesnt have the green that kind of appears in the photo, from the flash I am sure.
Dani03

Colors...

Post by Dani03 »

Hey I'd say she is a turquoise. However maybe someone else has somethine else??? Hehehe I am still kind of new at al of this IRN stuff anyway and could always use someone else's advice... :wink:

Dani and Prinny

PS: She sure is pretty... :D
Lisa's Tiki

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

She looks like Tiki. Tiki's color will change in pic's as well depending on the lighting. Tiki is considered a blue IRN as well (at least by the breeder). Tiki's birth Mom was green and his Dad was blue. I too think that he is more of a turquiose color, especially since that is what you get when you mix blue and green together. :D
Lisa's Tiki

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

Here are some pics of Tiki showing how different his coloring looks depending on the lighting.......
ImageImage
ImageImage

These two pics show more of his true coloring:
ImageImage
This one is not real clear, but see how blue he appears....

Then this one shows him all wet! :D
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

Tiki is a Blue. And Tiki's mother would have been Green/Blue.

Kare_Bare, your bird is also a Blue.

This photo shows the difference between a Pastel Blue and a Blue. I think in Amercia Pastels are called Turquoise.
Left: Pastel Blue (Turquoise) Right: Blue
kare_bear

Post by kare_bear »

Thank you everyone for your help. I just wanted to be sure. Not that it matters a whole lot cause she is gorgeous just the way she is. :)
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Jeremy is right... Here we would consider that turquoise, without even giving it a second thought.
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

There is a difference between blue and cobalt. Blue is so much more lighter, like Tiki kare_bear's, than cobalt, which in colour is what most people think of when they hear 'blue'.

Yes, the pastel is called turquoise blue in the US.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Ok, I was told by Byndi's breeder that he was a "teal." Is there such a color? Or is he turquoise? The photo Jeremy showed the turquoise sure looks like my Byndi. So... And Byndi's breeders also told me he was "TAME"! :twisted: And you all know that wasn't so true! :roll: :shock: :? So what do you all think? Turquoise or teal? I should make a poll and see what the votes are.

Thanks,
Jen & Byndi
skray

Post by skray »

Never heard of a teal mutation.It's probly a turquoise.

Kenny Ray
http://www.raysaviary.com
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Your breeder will obviously say anything to make that sell, we have seen that huh? I would find another breeder I trusted. Or even better, listen to the board members, I wouldnt even mess with communicating with that 'breeder'.

The bird is turquoise. Not teal, not hunter green, not neo-classical hehe... turquoise.
~ Mikaela Sky