Bathing

Moderator: Mods

tat2edjenn

Bathing

Post by tat2edjenn »

SAM LOOOOVES TO BATH, HE WONT LET ME SPRAY HIM, HE HAS TO BATH IN THE DISH THAT IS ON HIS LITTLE PLAYGROUND THINGY. THATS THE ONLY WAY HE BATHS AND 75% OF THE TIME ITS ONLY WHEN I VACCUM????? THE OTHER 25% HE HAS TO RIDE ON MY SHOULDER WHEN I VACCUM, HE LOVES IT, ANYWAY I WAS WONDERING IF I SHOULD TURN THE HEAT UP WHEN HE BATHS?? OR LEAVE THE HOUSE AT NORMAL TEMP. I DONT WANT HIM TO GET A CHILL. AND IS IT NORMAL FOR HIM NOT TO WANT ME TO SPRAY HIM OR GIVE HIM A SINK SHOWER OR BATH?? I THINK HE IS JUST MR INDEPENDENT AND LIKES TO DO IT ON HIS OWN, IN HIS OWN DISH AND ON HIS OWN TIME???[/si
~~JENN AND SAM~~

Grelo

Post by Grelo »

Interesting question from what l have learn't birds have there own way of choices.Mylo doesn't like spray aswell, but outside on her tree she loves a hose spray(fine mist).She will bath in her water bowl but only in her own time aswell normally when she is on her own..
As far a temperature as long as there is no draft, l find that more important and temperature neutral but not cold like l avoid giving Mylo a bath when unless its sunny and over 20degrees :wink:
Feather's are the best friend's
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

My aviary IRNs don't seem to care what time of the day/year it is. If it is raining and they want a bath, they do. Even in winter time and it gets chilly here below zero. Some of them like it when I am cleaning their water bowls and want a spray of the hose while others prefer to take a dip when I am done. I have found the Sun Conures like it when I hose them directly as does my Handraised Lutino IRN, but the others like spray only when it falls from the sky! :? What the difference is I don't know. lol

:)
nil

Post by nil »

As i learn these years with irns, each bird has his own personality and bathing preference.
So, other bird likes spray, other likes dive , likes baths or hates baths, likes water only on his back or belly..
Your likes dive, :) its ok but this bowl is enough small and he cant wets all his feathers, so i think you must provide him sometimes ( maybe 1/week) a larger bowl or spray all over him.
Becareful dont let the wet bird in draught of air, and the temperature of your space must be at least 15 C, for better 20 or more, but do not change the temperature a lot from your usual normal.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Charlie Parker puts up a fuss when I go to bathe him with the mister, but once he feels the water he loves it and will dance around and wave his wings and spread his tail until he is absolutely soaking wet. I try to give him a shower every few days because otherwise he'll do it himself splashing in his water dish soaking everything within a four foot radius. He LOVES the hair dryer afterwards (set on lowest heat & power, held at arm's distance) and makes sure to turn and pose so that everything gets dried. He is TERRIFIED of vacuums--even the little hand model. His archenemy is the big downstairs vacuum, which not only makes noise and destroys all his hard work redecorating my house with food, but is colored red, a color that terrifies him.
Lene

Post by Lene »

Paulie bathes daily in his water dish, as soon as I change the water... God forbid it should be dirty... :lol:
Cheers

Lene
leo

hi...can i ask a question too?

Post by leo »

tango recently have the feather dropping probem, he is only 4 monht old, he really look dam fluffy and messy...

but since then, he does not want to takebath in any method anymore....last time he like togo to the sink and bath with the flowing water, now, she seems hating the water...and he bath about 2-3 days once..now, never want to bath anymore...

the weather here is hot...

thanks
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Donna

Post by Donna »

Leo I think Tango is just going through a baby molt right now or could be stress from that rat incident. Have you tried spraying Tango while he is in his cage with a fine mist spray bottle? I find it easier to get them totaly wet to the skin by misting them.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both