Five more "Paintings for PEAC"

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

BigChicken

Five more "Paintings for PEAC"

Post by BigChicken »

I’ve completed five (make that 6 now) more “Paintings for PEAC” in between grilling and family this week for one of the members of the Pittsburgh Chapter of PEAC. The PEAC newsletter should be arriving soon hopefully followed by more requests for portraits to benefit PEAC.

You can see them here;
http://www.armleg.com/adoptedparrot/viewforum.php?f=35&mforum=adoptedparrot
Last edited by BigChicken on Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melika

Post by Melika »

Oh, look at the pretty meyers! You have quite a talent. ^_^
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
BigChicken

Post by BigChicken »

Thanks Melika. It’s really been fun doing them. I’ve done about 18 water color paintings all together (counting the reptile paintings I did a few years ago) and I really feel comfortable painting now. I can see a style developing in my art. I like bold pencil lines, something I tried to avoid when I first started. I’m trying to widen my “tools”, I told my son that art is my retirement plan. (It’s what I plan on doing in about 20 years when I retire.) He said good luck dad, you know most artists only get famous after their dead! That’s my boy! LOL
BigChicken

A BIG thank you!

Post by BigChicken »

I just wanted to thank all of you again for you help in getting the ball rolling! I have two more paintings to do this week, and three or four more people who are right now taking pictures for portraits of their birds to benefit PEAC.
This forum (and all of you) are the best!
Dan