would love to add a pic

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

tiggerbewa

would love to add a pic

Post by tiggerbewa »

I would love to be able to add a pic of Charli to my name. Im unsure as to how. We actually have pics of Charli from early on. We were really lucky in that we found a really good breeder who cares about the birds she hand raises. Charli has been a real joy and so far no real issues but then again its still early yet.He loves to try new things from food to toys to getting into whatever he can find. He has had a bit of a nippy streak at the moment but really its to be expected. Usually it passes when we just let him hang with us. We know its part of the deal so we dont shy away from him when he gets nippy we just dont provoke him either. He has bonded with both myself and my husband but I think he has a soft spot for me as im his primary care giver. I also dont shriek like a girl and pull away when he nips. The rule here is you can be moody but if I want you in your cage your going lol. He has learned that Im the boss and will come to me and step up with no real hassle. It is funny however to watch hubby and Charli. I have to say 9 times out of 10 the bird wins lol.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

lol .. poor hubby .. Sounds like you have the idea with charli :wink: good for you. Its nice to find caring breeders :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

tiggerbewa

Post by tiggerbewa »

Oh we wont be breeding. I love Charli very much but he will be an only bird.
Melika

Post by Melika »

Lol, I think she means the breeders you got Charli from. It's hard to find good ones sometimes. :wink:

I've noticed with animals that most men are real pushovers. At the shelter, we used to joke about the overweight animals and how everyone has trouble with their husbands sneaking them food! We had that at my own home when Geronimo developed more allergies... but dad still sneaks pancakes and waffles to him. :evil:
But he's been much better since he got his dachshund- he knows that being overweight would be extremely detrimental to his dog's health.

We had to limit dad's biscuit giving to once a day- and then had to limit the number of biscuits too! :roll:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
tiggerbewa

Post by tiggerbewa »

Yes the lady we got Charli from appears to love what she does. She did an awesome job. He has been a sweetie eats great adjusted well. I indulge Charli with toys lol Hubby does indeed sneak him treats lol. I am like what are you doing well just giving him a peanut lol.Charli was not an impulse purchase at the pet store thats for sure. We actually spent some time on your site reading about IRN's. I hit every web site i could find. I found my breeder and was initially looking at quakers til a friend said oh you know they require permits. So the breeder I contacted said she also had IRN's so I did my homework. It was her ad that impressed me as it wasnt i have a bird and want this much for it. She had all kinds of info in the ad from what she fed them and how she cared for them.

His mother was a yellow his dad a green. He was the only green in the bunch. She did an awesome job hand feeding him and you could tell he was treated kindly and we communicated a lot and I received new pictures every week. He did have to travel and honestly took the trip well. He was a little shy when we first got him and I remember clearly day 2 he was a little nippy and cage protective and i didnt want to upset him so I said to hubby he is coming out of that cage and im gonna sit here til he does lol. I opened his cage door and went to get the chair in the other room and when i came back I was like omg where did he go lol. He came out of the cage and was on the floor i picked him quick and he was all cuddly and sweet. I was sold right there. Now we didnt have him/her dna tested. The more I read the more he displays like a male. So if we find out Charli is actually a girl lol we change his name to Charlise i guess lol.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Actually, you might not even have to change the name if it is a girl or not. There's a song about a girl called Charlie. (The song is also called Charlie)