G'day from Australia

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Chirho & Bob

G'day from Australia

Post by Chirho & Bob »

G'day everyone! I'm Yvonne and I'm on here with my brother's 4 year old yellow IRN, Bobbie. No one around here really appreciates Bob, which is sad. I haven't had too many good experiences with Bob and I know very little about IRN. When I was doing some research about them, I found this excellent site and thought I could do with some assistance.

Well, I hope to meet all of you and learn a thing or two about Bob :D

Thanks,
Yvonne
Donna

Post by Donna »

Hello and Welcome to the board!! We will try and answer any questions you have concerning Bob. Sounds like he has not been handled much but with your time and patients you can turn bad behaviors into good ones.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hello Yvonne and Bob! Welcome to the flock. So happy your researching, its the first step to a complete love affair with our lil feathered friends. :D Poor lil Bob is just misunderstood. Any questions and queries please don't hesitate to ask. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Welcome Yvonne & Bob! Has anyone warned you how much we love our pictures????
MCS
rowemob

Post by rowemob »

Welcome to the family. Yes we do love photos!
rowemob
BigChicken

Post by BigChicken »

Hi and welcome! I’m glad Bobbie has someone willing to give him a chance. IRN’s are very intelligent and personable little creatures. Like most parrots, they quickly become board if not given a chance to socialize. If you give just a little effort with patience and persistence you will be rewarded many times over. The good news is that IRS’s have the reputation of being able to bounce back from not being handled much better than most parrots.
Good luck!
BigChicken
Melika

Post by Melika »

Welcome! We hope we can make your experiences in the future with Bob good ones! They're wonderful little parrots who adapt to change quite well. Best way to win them over- food! All kinds from veggies and fruits to millet and sunflower seeds. Our will do almost anything for banana, pear, or apple slices. :D

This site is choc full of information on general care and behavior. I hope you enjoy it. ^_^
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Chirho & Bob

Post by Chirho & Bob »

thanks heaps for making us feel really welcomed! I can assure you I will most likely bombard you with plenty of questions ...
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Gidday right back at ya ! welcome to the family :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless