Norma Jean's progress...

Moderator: Mods

BigChicken

Norma Jean's progress...

Post by BigChicken »

Norma Jean is our latest adoption. She is a beautiful Indian ring neck parrot. With each of our adoptions, a have tried to make them feel like part of the flock by encouraging them to make contact calls along with the rest with human language and whatever sounds that they make.
Here are some videos I took 11/2/07, a few weeks after she was adopted. She is slowly coming out of her shell (so to speak) and becoming more at ease in her new home.
She sings a song that she maid up herself that we call “the cookie song” but is very shy about it. The first video I made while rushing down the hall with the camera hoping to get a glimpse of her singing her song. She had never done it in front of us.

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/BigChickenPics/?action=view&current=is_that_Norma.flv

A few minutes later I coaxed her into singing by using a contact call I use with Mickey our adopted miniature Macaw. Norma started imitating Mickey and I a few days after we got her and now she has added it to the beginning of her cookie song. I shot this video by slowly bringing the camera around the corner. It was a little dark, and the video is from across the room. You can just see her hiding behind her water dish where she was hiding, although she knew I was there. If you listen closely you can here Kylie (Sun conure) who was on my shoulder.

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/BigChickenPics/?action=view&current=shy_Norma.flv

After about a half hour of us singing the song together from two different rooms, Norma decided to sing in front of an audience for the first time. Lucky (brown throat conure) and I were watching our favorite TV shows while Lucky played on the gym.

I'll try to edit in the link in later tomorrow, darn sloooow dial-up.
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

That is sooooo precious!!! I LOVE her Cookie song!!
-Chamon-

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

OMG Cookie, Cookie, Cookie! I love Norma! What a funny birdy. :lol:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

That is a funky song, so funny.
Sharlene and Amazon
snowsand

Post by snowsand »

Awwwwwww...Norma sings beautifully. Great job with her! Oh and by the way I LOVE LOVE LOVE your bird room!
Melika

Post by Melika »

Adorable! Cookie cookie cookie, lol. I love how they'll make their own songs from words they learn. :D

That playstand looks very fun as well. Piccy? :wink:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay