Afternoon everyone

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

donnanorm

Afternoon everyone

Post by donnanorm »

Hi All, Well its been a while since ive been on here,just thought id drop by and let you all know how Gizmo is doing,well he/she is about 4 months old now and doing great,our baby is still unsure of us trying to stroke and tickle but hopefully will come round,gizmo flys over and lands on us and espically loves to nibble my hair,im just abit weary incase i get bitten,im not sure if our baby would but i still edgy :? , any advice on helping to bring on a molt?,weve purchased some spray but our baby doesnt like the can so runs and hides,Also our babys beak it still dark on the top edge and the underneath is this because our gizmo is still a baby?

Thankyou

Last edited by donnanorm on Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

I don't think I have ever seen an IRN baby with black on the top mandible before, these babies get me wondering if they haven't had some african ringneck cross breeding in them or something.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

donnanorm

Post by donnanorm »

hi thats exactly what i thought myself,but by looking at your photo of kai,my gizmo s beak looks the same.

Regards
Donna

Melika

Post by Melika »

The black on the bottom mandible and the tip of the top one is normal and will always be like that. They gain the black as they age, not the other way around. ^_^

As the beak grows though, it can change a little. The shades of red on our bird's beaks change (we think from their diet) a little every once in a while.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Yep, the beaks will change as they get older. Gizmos beak just has a little more black. Africans have a smaller or rounder, purplish/black beak. So hard to tell the difference though. :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year