changing color

Moderator: Mods

dave

changing color

Post by dave »

my blue rink neck which is about 5 mouths old and a handfedbaby is growing in some green feathers i,ve heard this could be a vitamin defency problum, any help would be greatly appreceated, he is fed volkmens hookbill mix no sunflower i have not been able to get him to accept a compleate diet and have tried most when I first got him he was on pretty bird pellets and started refusing it after a few week in my home
Fah

Post by Fah »

I wouldnt jump to any conclusions but I could actually say at a guess its a turquoise not a standard blue.

One of my turqs was originally nearly sold as a blue (it had not one touch of green till about 4-6 months of age).

Refusing pellets is not odd. I have had some IRN's that once they had a taste for seed etc they didnt eat pellets again.

I would give it alot of options fruit wise and keep two different seed mixes in its cage just for a while.

If he is happy, healthy looking (basicly nice looking feathers and crisp clean eyes and no muck around his bottom) and not rejecting all the food.. should be ok. If he is lethargic, rejecting food in general.. or even if you are just paranoid... wouldnt hurt to add some birdie vitamins to his water on a short term basis.

Unless you can be guaranteed one of the parents were not turquoise or even split (non visual) turquoise dont stress :D