Buying / Selling IRN's in Australia!

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Fah

Buying / Selling IRN's in Australia!

Post by Fah »

Heya, I dont want to make this an "I want to sell this.. etc". What I do want to know is how people in Australia find the best way to price / guage market on their breeding stock and hand reared lovelies... also how they go about selling them through what sites... if any?

I am contemplating simple things like the trading post, as well as community boards at shopping areas etc. I know of one... possibly two pet stores that focus on birds who would take them.. but prefrence is always to try and get my bubs direct to the family :P If you know what I mean.

I don't want your trade secrets etc... as everyone has their own agenda's when it comes to such things. What I am curious about is supply and demand in certain parts of Australia.. and if I set up a site dedicated to selling IRN's both hand reared pets and breeding stock... think there would be a market for interstate sales?

Note: Things like petlink just seems far too unorganised and chaotic to be worth it.. do people actually scan sites like that.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Obviously, I am not a breeder. But I did get my bub Yoda through the Trading Post. I was also considering getting my bub from the Petlink site. I rang various numbers through both. All the numbers I rang from Petlink were breeders. I decided on the only breeder I found through the Trading Post who knew what he was talking about. I only spoke to people in the Melbourne area as I wasn't comfortable with shipping, many do ship. Looking through Petlink I noticed there is alot of supply and demand focused in S.E QLD and NSW. Or could I be wrong? :?

Alan & Thea Lynch at http://www.mightymutations.com.au/ have a successful site worth checking out.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

I purchased mine from a breeder I found on http://www.petlink.com.au. My cockatiels came from a feed barn that hosts breeders birds for sale. And I have been to purchase my girlfriends lori from a breeder that sells out of his back yard setup , summerville way. We just happened across him one day driving to a friends house. We saw the sign and went in for a look see.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Fah

Post by Fah »

Coolies... I might have to join the slather at petlink.. I must admit.. few real IRN breeders around where I am so that can lean in my favour a little.

Last year was my first breeding season that went on sale.. with a few sad moments (just hate seeing such good little bubs leaving).. but I know they all are now enriching the lives of many others.

This year I have ten gorgeous bubs to further spread the love around heh.

I cant wait to find out what I have in store for me.. anticipation is killing me. I do know I have one albino or creamino this year at least.. can tell by the eyes even when covered heh.

I love birds, but I must admit.. I cant see myself leaning away from IRN's its just something I find truely stunning about them... regal.. yet mischievous, loving yet feisty lol