dah...what?...

Moderator: Mods

BigChicken

dah...what?...

Post by BigChicken »

I have a question about this forums use. I have had questions or comments about a post I have made, and can’t seem to reply back all of the time. It tells me something about an invalid session, try again. Am I doing something wrong or what?
Dan
BigChicken

test?

Post by BigChicken »

Think I figered it out...dah ...may bee...
No, still not working, any ideas what I might be diong wrong?
Donna

Post by Donna »

Hi BC I think every time you leave the board you have to log back in. I log in by going to the top where it says check my personal messages log in there and then go to the forum. If you just log in where it says log in sometimes it doesn't log you in on the first try. Hope this is your problem.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
julie

Post by julie »

I have been logging in and then it still says log in.
Melika

Post by Melika »

Your comp may be blocking the cookies. You have to switch it to allow.

In internet explorer you can click View>Web Page Privacy Policy and click on settings then adjust your privacy level there.

Hope that helps. I'm no computer genius.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Is it logging you out? Some people have had troubles logging in. I find 'log in the view private msgs' works... as Donna said. :oops: If it happens again and this does not work. Try deleting the cookies? I'm using Firefox. Its in Tools menu, clear private data. Sorry I'm no computer genius either. But this sometimes helps me on other sites. If this persists we'll contact Imran (Ringneck).
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
BigChicken

I ant no stinken’ puter expert

Post by BigChicken »

It hasn’t happened to me lately. I’ve been using the links in the pages, rather than my browser’s back button. Don’t know if that made the difference or not. Maybe it’s the amount of traffic? I ant no stinken’ puter expert neither!
BigChicken

solution?

Post by BigChicken »

I think I have found the solution to the problem several people have been having logging in, and staying logged on in the IRN forum, as well as a problem some have going to my adoptedparrot forum. In the help forum for forumer users I found a thread about people who have been getting a “404 error, dose not exist” message, or a sign up page for the forumer hosting site, and logging in glitches. A reply was given to someone having these problems with some of their registered users, and they replied:

“There's a good chance that this user needs to clear his cookies, cache and flush out his DNS (in that order).”

My wife handles the cache and flushing duties in our house (as well as the check book!).
Dan
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thanx for the tip. Hope this helps people with their logging in problems. :wink:
BigChicken

WOW

Post by BigChicken »

You are welcome, and WOW, you are fast! I just posted, and you responded before my keys were even cold. YOU ARE ON THE BALL! :lol:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Just in the right place at the right time. It happens. Or... I spend way too much time lurking on here. :lol: