New IRN

Moderator: Mods

lagranpuchica

New IRN

Post by lagranpuchica »

Here are some pics of my new IRN. I was told it is about six months old. I was also told it is a blue, but it has a green spot right above it's beak and various green spots throughout it's body. Is this typical of blues? Also, by the looks of it do you think boy or girl? Thanks for your help.

Last edited by lagranpuchica on Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jay R
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Aww what a cutie! Wow looks like your baby has painted spots hehe. Have not seen this before. Maybe some of our mutation 'experts' can help? I'll get Angie to page them through the loud speaker. haha.

I'd say girl. But thats a guess. Only way to find out for sure is through DNA testing.. or wait until they are mature. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
lagranpuchica

Post by lagranpuchica »

Yeah, I thought the spots were unique. That's why I picked this one.
-Jay R
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Wow what a beautiful and unique looking bird. No it's not normal for blue's but it may be something that will moult out. From one of the pics (4th one down) I am taking a guess at female. But that is just a hunch and not even warrants a %'g of accuracy :wink:

We definately need a breeder on the thread to fill you in on the markings .. <paging Jay, Jay or Jim please come to the IRN photo Forum, thank you !>
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

julie

Post by julie »

I would say possibly Turquoise.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Julie is right. It's a Turquoise Blue. In theory, a genuine Blue bird CANNOT produce green feathers but a bird with the Turquoise gene CAN.

On the first few moults, the amount and distribution of Green will vary. This is one of the characteristics of the Turquoise mutation.
Donna

Post by Donna »

Way to young but i guess Male!! :D

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
lagranpuchica

Post by lagranpuchica »

Thanks for all your responses. So it's a Turquoise Blue? Does anyone have a pic of a mature Turquoise Blue?
-Jay R
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

What a pretty bird! Love the unique blue color.
Donna

Post by Donna »

Theres a sticky in the breeding IRN's of pics of mutations you might find one there.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Jim

Post by Jim »

There are pictures of all kinds of mutations including Turquoise Blue at Zahir Rana's Pisttacula World site.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/ ... rameri.htm

Jim
Fah

Post by Fah »

One thing with Turqs you cant ever guarantee what it will look like.

I have a Hen with predominant blue that had barely a touch of green till it was 3 years old now has a solid mix of the two. Yet I have a Cock turq that has the traditional green/aqua that shifts into blue wings and blue tail.

Yours at a guess will be a solid predominance of blue though the degree of green I wouldnt dare poke a stick at.

Have seen about 4 variations on Turqs around adelaide.. and thats not even including and cinnamon variants :/

But one thing is for sure. They are quite spectacular in appearance.