The Love of a Lifetime...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

The Love of a Lifetime...

Post by Mikaela »

Their love is so intense and so over-whelming... most can only hope to experience a kind of love they share. Very odd relationship but equally as beautiful. It'll bring tears to your eyes to watch them. :wink:

Baby the ringneck and his lovely life mate, Peaches.

I wish his molt would end so he would be more comfortable! He sure is getting to be a big boy :!:
~ Mikaela Sky

alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

they are excellent photos you have a gift. those two are absolutely gorgeous :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Thank you very much. I love them both so much. Such an odd combo but they just eat eachother up!

Thank you for commenting on my images, I have recently gotten really into photography so its nice to be noticed as 'average or better'. Thank you, needed that! :D

Art is subjective so I didnt know where I was, at this point. :oops:

Killer, you dig photography, PM me some upload/comment/free membership links if you know any :!:
~ Mikaela Sky

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

26 views, 1 comment... C'mon, dont be haters. Hate me... Baby's a poor innocent victim. :lol:

Show that boy the love he deserves! :?

How Rude! (Stephanie from 'Full House' ha!) Got to sneek in for a look but cant admit it with a post. :lol:
Last edited by Mikaela on Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

No haters...just no time to post...*sighs* life gets in the way of the beloved bird boards...

He really is gorgeous, even if a bit scruffy from moulting...then again all IRNs are gorgeous :wink:

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Not the case for all owners though. Cant I get aWoop Woop :!: Ha!

Im a regular comedian today! :lol:

I'll be sooo glad when my surgeries are over and I can walk and get OUT OF THIS HOUSE!!! Ahhh. Gonna have to re-learn to walk first -sigh-.

Oh well, I need a break and I got one! I just didnt need it to be my back. :lol:

Lesson learned: Be careful what you pray for... cuz ya just might get it!
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

:shock:

Recovery time is never easy. Atleast you have plenty of time to catch up on the boards and post about your birds I suppose...

Doesn't help I have like 30 of them to read...

One of these days I will get some pictures up myself of Prinny, since it's been so long. But she looks so scruffy right now...

Dani
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

They are lovely Mik! My tiels and Gelly are all dropping feathers all over the place, too. They are going to be even less thrilled when they get popped into their travel cages to sit on the freeway for hours. Hope you are feeling better soon.....mom always said you get cranky right before you get well, so feeling fidgety is a good thing. Take care!!
MCS
shell

Beautiful!!!!

Post by shell »

Mikaela,
Your pictures, not to mention your birds are incredible, I want to take some of my IRN, what did you use for the black background? I love looking at all the pictures you took.
Michelle
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

hey girl- beautiful pictures of my two babies. They're adorable. Tell Baby that Lou is moulting something fierce. I feel so bad for him and what is the worst is it looks like his body is done, and now his head feels like prickly cacti. I hope it's over for them soon.
~the stubborn one~
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh Mik, your 2 bubs are so sweet! I love seeing pics of dem too! :D Wishing you all the best in your recovery. Get well soon!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
greeny

Post by greeny »

What beautiful birds and photos. They are adorable together. I also have a lutino cockatiel in my household but she does not have that bond with the IRNs.

You have gorgeous birds.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby and I both say Thank You... he was like Mommie, why dont they love me anymore :!:

I assured him yall all still did. :D

I would love to post more, if ya want more. I'll 'Baby' you to death lol.

Actually, I have maaaaaany images I would like to share of where I live, if yall ever want to see them, Id love to share! I know many of you dig images and I dig sharing them!
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

They are so cute together, look at the way peaches loves being preened, just so beautiful. Our Kiely would love to be loved by the IRN, but Jordan and Pickle just won't have a bar of her.

I never noticed how many bluish patches your baby has on him. What a beautiful boy though.

Life mates ! I like that.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Thank you! I'll just be SO glad when he rings out all the way and the patches are then a beautiful ring!

-Sigh- One fine day... seems like its taking FOREVER!
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Ringing out is the hardest part to wait for. Raj is getting there...just a faint brush of black on either side of his big honking beak and small patches of pink. Talk about impatient...I can't wait until he is fully ringed and perfect!

Dani
sakib

Post by sakib »

Brilliant pictures :)
It doesn't matter what brings a person its what they leave with that counts
kylie

Post by kylie »

Absolutely gorgeous pics. You are very talented.

I wish my two would love eachother like yours do. There's no hope of that in our house!
Kylie
MissVuks

Post by MissVuks »

wow those pics are gorgeous - what camera do you use?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

An SLR... I consider myself semi-pro as I do sell a lot of prints but it isnt my main job. Noone here knows or has never known what I do... I dont bring it up. Not important, really. Always have been pretty evasive regarding my career but if asked straight forward, I suppose I would share. Its just an odd job not many chicks do. Or people for that matter. :lol:

But it accounts for why I have probably 100 IP's logged in. Im always out of town.

I LOVE images, always have. I spent uhm, A LOT of money on this camera so I had to get good enough to justify the expense. :lol:

I am going to start a thread sharing my work soon. It will relieve me of my cabin fever a bit and give yall something to look at! Win-win... cuz we all love images so much!
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

What brand and series of SLR Mik .. Hubby and I have used many and definately have our favs. Admire and appreciate film, can't go past our large format, but settle for the medium format mamiya (gold plated lizard skin used for Weddings :wink: ) but getting heavy into the digital now.

Medium format rocks over anything for quality ,especially when you are getting into the big enlargements, scenery etc. If you had them digitally processed you would end up with something like a 60 + megapixel shot.

If you are using film, you should try developing, you would love it. We had our own dark room when we were full on and I LOVED ! it. I was learning how to write names and tags with the developer, we could dodge parts of photo's, do vignetting, I began to hand colour black and whites to give parts of the photo that certain expression (eg. eye and lip colour, hair streaks, or parts of the brides flowers) all that creative work, kind of a manual form of photoshopping I guess. Dark room work, especially black and white is soooooo much fun. Creativity junky (hand goes up)
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

All digital... whats film? :lol:

I *have* to decide on an editing program and learn to use it. I like that straight out of the camera forces me to get that perfect shot within the device but even the most perfect image can always be improved with some level of editing.

Im thinking about going with Picasa, user friendly and as much as I would ever want to do to an image. Im not into editing. Digital art and such. I like taking pictures :!:
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

So when people ask you .. you should say .. Digital SLR. Original SLR is a film (negative) camera. :wink:

What brand of Digital SLR do you use ?

Popular belief is that every serious photographer should learn to use film to really hone the skills. Gives you a true appreciation of the importance of aperture and shutter effects and how the camera performs its function (digitals are based on all the same principals). Hubby and I would teach the children at the local school, we even had them in the dark room to learn about the process of light capture and control. Their digital work surpassed any of the schools in the area because of it.

Gotta know the history of where "the camera" came from, its road to where it is now.

For us here in Australia, photoshop is the only proggy to use for photo manipulation, everyone uses it, the pro's, all the printing companies print from it, so thats what I had to learn.

But if you are doing it for your own pleasure .. correlle or any of the other user friendly proggies will be just fine.

:D
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

These are a few Photoshop artworks I have done in the past;

Yes they are my hands :wink:

Brogan is one of my god sons in the US :D

I am still learning with photoshop, you always are, such an enormous program because it covers functions for everyone from novice to pro, from printer to architect, etc.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Melika

Post by Melika »

Baby is gorgeous, Mik! And the pics are great, for me especially the eighth. I know it's been a while but every once in a while I just have to come down here and admire ya'lls beautiful IRNs.

Hane and Tsume are both boys and are basically done moulting so we'll have to share pics soon. This non-internet thing is really getting to me. I feel like I'm missing out.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Long time no see Melika, glad to see you popping in here and there, nice to hear you have two boys and they are doing well. Hope you get access soon so ya can visit more often. :D
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Yes, I am doing 'just fine'. My son made 643.00 profit at the Flea Market last weekend. Thats after the frames, boot rental and all other costs.

I let him sell my prints and keep the money as a sort of side job, he needs it, hes 16.

Im 36, got a grasp on the film and Kicking **** and taking names later going digital... just no comparison.

Digital kinda goes without saying... Much like we know what film is... our parents did slides.

Our kids will see film, hell I do for that matter, as slides because of the limitations.

Maybe its an American thing lol... we do digital only. It simply goes without saying. If we use film, then we stipulate.

Your PS work is pretty cool. I dont have time to do anything short of holding a piece of paper up and setting my white balance, everything is unedited that I shoot.

What I shoot is what I get so I had better get that one shot!!! Cuz they aint no fixing it. :wink:
~ Mikaela Sky

snowsand

Post by snowsand »

AWWW...true love...everyone has said it already...but at the risk of being repetitive...your photos are AMAZING...keep 'em comin'!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Thank you! I owe it all to my babies! They love the camera! I just stand behind it :!:

Well except for my CAG :cry:

He is a scared boy, I let him stay with the breeder until he was 16 weeks old because I felt that was the right thing to do... and still do. However, as a result, he is very scared of a camera.

Even if I try to trick him with the tripod and a remote shutter cable (snaps the shot without you being near the camera) he still somehow knows and gets so upset. Odd thing is... I never use flash.

Punk. :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Ok I know what camera you are using now .. a Fuji Finepix S9000. Waited for you to tell me so I had to resort to other measures to find out

Nice Camera. We chose the equivalent in the Kodak system, liked the size of the display better. Would really love to be able to afford a Canon D1 though .. sigh! dream on Ange.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Wow, you can tell a camera without being told! 8)

My dads into photography, hes had the same camera for 20 years though. Its a bloody good one though! Hes got a million photos of us kids and mostly trains! :roll: Obsessed with trains. But he was pretty good at photography in his day. :wink:
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Might have been an old Canon .. thats what my dad used. He was really just a hobby photographer, family snaps. Jim and his dad were the full on photo buffs. It's passed down through the family and so has the collection. Shanah is our photographer, but she has me rubbing off on her, with the modern manipulations, design more than just photography. But we both have an appreciation for the original art and always keep the originals. The image capture is the most important thing.

The way Mikaela takes shots of the fids with the black background is perfect for web design, makes design so much easier, clear definate lines to work with for cut outs and layering. Its so good to have a photographer that can shoot images specifically for web design. :D
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Amen to that! :lol:

But I HATE messing with it... my page will never get made. :cry:

Angie! Share some of your images, not digital art, just images!

I should be using this bed time to learn PS but instead I have my camera on a tripod to shoot out toward the ocean. lol

Addicted to taking them but dont want to mess with them afterwards, not my thing. :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

I'll dig some out tomorrow off the old computer .. hooked and setting up my laptop at the moment .. and looking for work is full on .. plus birds and kids .. anyway .. give me a few to turn on the other puter .. get all picky and choose from the many many CD's.

Wish I could scan in some of our portrait and wedding work .. just love it all. We did shot for advertising, for cinema, transparencies for magazine and printing, we took pics of families, christenings, animals, we came to them. Family get togethers, we had all kinds of requests. Real Estate was work but boring. Jim worked at a funeral home also :shock:

I think the strangest request was for us to capture the conception of a couples child :? , we passed on that job. And the worst ever was taking pictures of a still born so the extended family could mourn. We reluctantly did that job, for the clients sake.

The profession is full on, extremely intersting and totally competative.

Wouldn't go back into the business again in a hurry. Its not as glamorous as people make it out to be really. Unless you land some modelling contract and then I would guess that would also be very cutthroat hard work.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

ringnecker1

Post by ringnecker1 »

Mikaela wrote:An SLR... I consider myself semi-pro as I do sell a lot of prints but it isnt my main job. Noone here knows or has never known what I do... I dont bring it up. Not important, really. Always have been pretty evasive regarding my career but if asked straight forward, I suppose I would share. Its just an odd job not many chicks do. Or people for that matter. :lol:

But it accounts for why I have probably 100 IP's logged in. Im always out of town.

I LOVE images, always have. I spent uhm, A LOT of money on this camera so I had to get good enough to justify the expense. :lol:

I am going to start a thread sharing my work soon. It will relieve me of my cabin fever a bit and give yall something to look at! Win-win... cuz we all love images so much!

Your birds sure are pretty but know that a Fujifilm Finepix isn't an SLR. What do you do for a living? Again your birds are sure pretty!
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Mik explained to me the fuji isn't the only camera she has. ;)

By the way welcome to the family Ringnecker1 :D would love you to introduce yourself in the introduction forum.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

We chose the kodak system in D because it carries the Schneider lense system, and the only thing that beats that lense is carl zeiss. beyond digital we are Pentax and Mamiya (medium format) we also use an Canon EOS 5 known in Nth America as the EOS A2E, love this camera, it has an eye control feature, where you simply look into the camera and it sets your personal settings by opticlal recognition (up to 3 users I believe), then as your eye looks at objects it automatically focuses to where you are looking. Of course you don't have to use this function.

Anyway I want to see more of mikaela's photography. After all this is her sharing thread.

orry, I just get a little over exited when it comes to photography and media.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

ringnecker1

Post by ringnecker1 »

kyria wrote:Mik explained to me the fuji isn't the only camera she has. ;)

By the way welcome to the family Ringnecker1 :D would love you to introduce yourself in the introduction forum.

Hello there. She might have another camera but a Fuji shot those pics and these were the ones in question. No worries. I'm a Nikon user, D200. Been shooting for 20+ years.

I happened to run across this site and have been looking at all the pics of my favorite birds. I've owned several ringnecks in the past but haven't had one for quite a few years now. Sometimes I really miss them but I just don't have the time anymore. Pleasure to meet you.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Thank you ringnecker1...

How many photographers have just one camera?

:roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

ringnecker1

Post by ringnecker1 »

Mikaela wrote:Thank you ringnecker1...

How many photographers have just one camera?

:roll:

No offense meant. I didn't know how experienced you were so I was just letting you know that your Fuji isn't an SLR. I didnt and still don't understand why you would answer SLR when someone asked "wow those pics are gorgeous - what camera do you use?". What SLR do you have and I'd love to see some pictures from it. :wink:
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

ok .. here we go .. I went through a few disks tonight and grabbed a few images. They are shot with either our old Kodak DX6490 4 meg. or our newer Kodak P880 8 meg. Wish I could scan in some of our professional stuff but never mind. This will do to share with ya.

Hope its not too many, just wanted to give a variety of styles.

Of course the pics of me and my girlfriend were taken by hubby, although one of them is a self portrait, the fog pictures (boat and balls) are hubbies and the rest are mine.

The pics have been uploaded to dropshots, they auto resize them so as with you mik the quality is not the same as the original image. But it will give you the idea anyway.

Hope you enjoy.

sacred lily of the Incas (Family: Alstroemeriaceae Genus: Alstroemeria)

had to add in two arty pics sorry .. can't help myself

Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Angie those photos are Gorgeous!!! I love the one of you and hubby on the bike... may I have your permission to print a couple??
-Chamon-

ringnecker1

Post by ringnecker1 »

Some beautiful work you have there! My personal favorite is:

But a lot of them run a close second. More!
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Sure chamon .. tell me which ones you like and I will send you the original so that you get the print quality file .. just pm me your email and which pic so I know where to send them.

Ringnecker1 I am glad you like the photographs, that one in particular was taken down at our local coastline. It is around the point shooting back towards a place called shack bay I believe. We have something like 15 named covers from cape to inverloch. Twin reefs is another of my fav's, where in winter a miniature waterfall cascades over the rock edge. Will try and find the pics that we have taken there. I know in one I was sitting on a rock under the fall, the mist was drifting and I just had to photoshop on a pair of angel wings for fun, actually looked rather cool .. lol.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh Angie, they are stunning! Definately have talent for capturing beauty.. and you are very photogenic! :wink: