thinking about it...

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

mattyboardman

thinking about it...

Post by mattyboardman »

hey all well 2 of my babies have gone to there new homes and the people that have got them fell in love with how tame they are and how much they can hold them....

so im thinking of getting another breeding pair but i want a blue and white pair like jays in the photo or somthing in a blue colour....

any one have any idea where i can get a breeding pair in the UK ?
i think jay aint in the UK so its hard to get them from him...

any idea's and do you think this is a good step to take or not ?
R.I.P Baby 05 / 09 / 2007 You Will Be Missed !
Donna

Post by Donna »

You go for it!!! You did such a great job with your first pair I would love to see you get more. I know there is a few UK breeders on other boards that I visit you can try birdmart.com in the classifieds or birdsnways.com also have a classified section. Good luck and I knew that breeder fever would hit ya :D

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

yea it sucks tho cause all the babies are nearly gone now so i feel lost lol...

was use to handleing them with the parrents i cant go near the cage never mind hold them next time i might keep a baby for a pet cause my fiancee loved to hold them too...

thanks for the links ill go check them out now !
Donna

Post by Donna »

mattyboardman wrote:yea it sucks tho cause all the babies are nearly gone now so i feel lost lol...

Yeah LOL It's called empty nest syndrome. Hehehe!! :D

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

some one near me is giving away 3 masked love birds 6 month old but idont think i wanna get into love birds at the min nothing wrong with them imo they look nice i just like IRN better but i want to get more colours
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Thats the hard part about breeding for me anyway, giving up the babies, but so long as I know they are going to a good home and will be loved i am ok with it. We kept pickle from our first handraising experience and he is just the sweetest little thing.

I think its a good idea if you have plenty of interest in the birds from prospective owners.

Have a look through this site. The Indian Ringneck breeders are further down the page.

http://www.robharvey.com/directory.html
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

kyria wrote:but so long as I know they are going to a good home and will be loved i am ok with it.

all the babies have gone to good friends lol so i will see them all when they are older :P

but thats the thing i gota get use to and i will always make sure they are in good homes i checked all there caged before i let any babies go and one person gave me the money to buy the cage for hers....

i will have al ook threw thankyou all for your time
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

yep my nephew took one of our babies and our neighbour across the road took the other (elmo) elmo visits with us regularly and I visit there also. So cool being able to keep in touch .. :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless