little birdy?

Moderator: Mods

lutino

little birdy?

Post by lutino »

Lutino is almost 9 months now, he/she still seems really small to me compared to the other lutino's ive seen. Is this just an age thing? when do they stop growing? The only bit that grows is the tail lol. He/she appears to be getting new feathers on the face i think, cos little spikes are around the beak.
Bird crazy

I'd like to know too.

Post by Bird crazy »

I have a blue Nila and a grey Priya.
Nila is right at 100 grams and Priya weighs at 135 grams
she is about 25% bigger than Nila and uses every ounce of it to
bully him too.
I think it just may be like people some are larger some are smaller.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Agreed, I have seen both small and large IRNs and as long as they are happy and healthy in other aspects, there is nothing to worry about. Lutino is perfectly normal.
-Chamon-

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

They are pretty much full size by the time they are 2 I believe as this is when they are considered mature (even if they don't act it .. lol) cheeky little devils.

Our Lutino Jordan is much more slender than our blue and green, it could also be that you are a good mum and haven't allowed him/her to fatten up on junky fat foods, like nuts, peanut butter toast, sunflower seeds, and too much human type foods like pasta, bread and treats. :roll: I'm affraid since hubby and the kids have been spoiling Jordan he has become alot more chuncky, even though he is flighted and gets alot of excercise I still keep at them not to make him too fat.

I think it could also just be one of those individual things, our cockatiel kiely is the smallest cockatiel I have ever seen.

I wonder if, just from my experiences, females are smaller in stature than males, I know to me it seems that way, our Lutino Mickey is very slight, body, feet and all, much more so than our Lutino Jordan.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Bird crazy

Male vs Female

Post by Bird crazy »

Unfortunately the males larger than the females doesn't hold for my two the smaller is the Nila the male and the larger is Priya the female, both DNA sexed but not old enough to make sure it's 100% correct. Nila is starting his ring though.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
lutino

Post by lutino »

Oh OK thanks.

People do say the lutinos are slender,so its probably just that.