tragic accident

Moderator: Mods

Janice L Parks

Post by Janice L Parks »

I am feeling a lot better today you all. It seems like the older I get the harder it is to get rid of things. I am so excited with Luna's progress. :lol: I feel in my heart that he is going to be better than new in no time. I am sure glad to hear that Prettygirl can't catch my sickness. Everyone stay well :!:
Janice & Prettygirl
Darlene

Luna six weeks after injury

Post by Darlene »

Hello everyone
This is about six weeks after Luna was injured. Right now Luna is eating on her own and is acting more interested in exploreing and doing things out of her cage. ( I am refering to Luna as she now, becouse we are almost 100% sure she is a little female) There is no ring happening and Luna just had her second birthday the end of March. It never did matter to us if she was male or female, She is always going to be (Baby Luna) to us. Luna still isn't walking, but there is good strong movement in both legs now. And sometimes during the theropy she curls her little toes but not every time. It is something that is slow but going along in the right direction. Luna gets around by pulling herself with her beek. But she insists on being down on the floor so she can move around. Now she is pulling herself up on things so she is sitting upright with her feet directly under her. And she stays there as if she knows what she is doing. So we leave her alone until she starts acting tired. Then she will call for us to come and get her. She loves to be held and cuddled while she takes her nap. Luna has stopped the toenail chewing. Although she has strong movement in her legs, she keeps them tucked up under her most of the time. And when I am trying to extend her legs very gently she pulls them back really strong. If she has that much resistance and pulls her legs back then I don't know why she won't extend her legs on her own yet. Unless this is an emotional thing with her, where she thinks it will hurt. So I am extra careful and slow and I talk to her while I am bringing her legs down. And she seems to relax more. But unless I get her to move her legs, they will just get weak and stiff, so even if it is uncomfortable for her right now, I think it is best to help her get over her fear and help her heal. We are hopeing that the signs we see right now, means she will heal and learn not to be afraid to try to walk. She needs to get better movement in her feet yet, The vet said this could take monthes. We will be takeing Luna back for anouther vet visit soon. I will check in after Luna sees the vet.
I hope all of you are well and doing good.
Darlene
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Can't wait to hear what the vet has to say about her progress. It sounds like things are slowly on the improve and you are all adapting as you need to as she makes her way back to good health. well done darlin :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Breezer

Post by Breezer »

I'm very new to the board. What a touching story. I'm so proud of you for all the extra miles you are going. It's a sad and tragic thing that happened (I hope your daughter is not still blaming herself), but the spirit & love both you and the bird have displayed has just brought tears to my eyes.
She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain
Janice L Parks

Post by Janice L Parks »

:D That is great news Darlene. I will also be waiting to hear what the Vet has to say on Luna's next visit.
Janice & Prettygirl
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

This is so great to hear! Luna has really made remarkable progress & you guys are doing such a wonderful job. Give her an extra jelly bean (well, you had probably better eat it for her).
MCS
Terry

Post by Terry »

Hi! Im also new to the website, just read your touching story and cried most of the way through! You are an inspiration, and your little Luna is in the most incredible hands. My prayers are with you and Luna xxx
Darlene

Luna's vet visit

Post by Darlene »

Hello everyone
We took Luna to see the vet for a follow up, and to check her healing progress. I will try not to go into too much detail. The check up went well. The vet said Luna's pelvic bone has healed. It is almost eight weeks now. He also said Luna's weight is good and she isn't showing that she is haveing much if any pain now, only some discomfort when we do her therapy. But as he said: most people don't like therapy becouse it hurts, but gets better. He said Luna is in good general health and any internal injuries has healed. She is eating good by herself and not showing that she is haveing stress. She does have some barring on her feathers from when she got injured, but that should disappear when she molts. She isn't even molting heavy like we thought she would after such a serious injury. The biggest thing we are working with now is getting her back on her feet. The vet explained that there was no broken back bone, but she does have some nerve damage. He said the nerves inside of the sheath of the spineal cord dies back to the origan of the injury, then regrows. We just don't know if the nerves will reconnect and this will take about nine monthes to know for sure. At the end of nine monthes, if Luna still can't walk, then we just have a little paraplegic. And Luna is makeing adjustments and so will we. Luna scoots around to where she wants to go and I have a basket that I put her in, so she can be up on places she used to like to climb up on. She plays when she is on the floor and when she is tired, she calls to us to come and get her. She loves to be held and cuddled while she takes her nap. The vet said she is so cute how she lays on her back in his hand. And she is very sweet. It is a unatural and vulnerable thing for birds to lay on there backs in your hand. They have to be trained to allow this. But Luna has gotten used to this and eccepts it well. She has learned to put her complete trust in us when we handle her. Right now Luna has good resistance with her legs. We just need her to push out with her legs and move her toes. We hope this will happen. But if this is as far as it gets, we Love our little Luna and will care for her and keep her happy. She will be going with us when we go places. I got a clear carrier for her, so she can see everything when we take her with us. So this is where we are so far. I will be checking in to post updates. Thank You all for your great support. And I just want to say something about the IRN. Through our experience with Luna, everyone tells us what a beautiful bird she is. And if Luna is an exsample of a strong healthy bird then the IRN is the one to have. They are good talkers and with enough attention are unsurpassed as companion pets. And the problem solveing and intellegance is exceptional. I would quickly recommend an IRN to anyone looking for a companion pet.

Darlene, Jim & Luna
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

I am so happy things are progressing well Darlene, that Luna is a little trooper! :wink: 8)
-Chamon-

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I am so happy to hear lil Luna is healing. What a change from almost loosing her life. Its amazing how many animals find a way to adjust. I'm sure she knows shes is much loved and this will pull her through this. Best wishes for her continuing journey! We should have a party to celebrate her recovery!
:D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Terry

Post by Terry »

Hooray! im so glad to hear Luna is doing better! :D
Darlene

some GOOD news

Post by Darlene »

:) Hello:
I have some good news. In the last two days, we have heard Luna trying to talk and say two of the many things she could say, before she was injured. She has not talked since the accident two monthes ago. In the last two days she has said, " Be Right Back. " and " Peek-a-boo ". It wasn't very loud, almost like she was saying it to herself. But we did hear her say these two things in the last two days. So we are sure she remembers some things she used to say. and is trying to talk again. This means she is healing from the shock from the injury.
Also: I have told you that Luna's little pelvic bone has healed and she is healthy and is slowely getting her strength back. That she has movement in her legs but not her feet yet. Well today, when I was doing Luna's therapy, she curled up her little toes on BOTH feet. :o I was surprised and couldn't believe what I was seeing. So I asked my husband to watch and he saw the same thing and she did it several times. It is weak, but she did it. This is what we have been waiting and hopeing for. Now we just have to help her get stronger in her feet and legs now that everything is working so she can stand up. :D I just had to tell everyone. I almost was thinking that she has gone as far as she could go and may never walk again, but now I think Luna has just made anouther improvement. I just had to share this news with all of you who have been praying for Luna and so supportive. She sure is a tough little IRN. She might end up being a little curtain climber again. :lol:
Darlene
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

That is WONDERFUL news! Congrats to Luna & her awesome parronts.
MCS
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

More good news! Im so happy for you and Luna. Good to hear shes getting up to mischeif again! A sign of a happy birdie. :wink: CONGRADULATIONS!
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Image Woohoooo ! thats great :D
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Darlene

Post by Darlene »

:) Hello again. This is an update and a question. Luna is now pushing her legs in both directions. and curling up her toes. So she has the movement she needs to learn to stand up again. And she is beginning to talk. The next thing is getting strong enough to hold herself up. However, we are seeing that there may be a problem of fear of standing or that maybe she has forgotten that she used to walk. Because her legs are weak, but she does have the movement she needs to try to stand. But she isn't trying to stand when we put her in the standing position. And she still pulls herself around with her beak as if she has accepted not walking and would rather use her beak then try to walk. My husband & I think we are now seeing a phycological problem more then a physical one now.
My question is: How long can parrots remember? Is it possible that Luna has forgotten she used to walk? ... and now that she is curling up her toes, she won't try to curl her toes around something like a perch or foot toy when I put put them in her feet. So I am working with her now to get her to take hold of something that I put in her feet. Am I expecting too much from her right now? If the only things stopping her from standing up is weakness, she will get stronger. But how do I work with the next challenge if it is a phycological problem with her now? Maybe we should leave it up to Luna when she wants to try standing again. As long as she hasn't forgotten how, or is too used to getting around with her beak and accepted getting around with her beak rather then walking. The physical therapy has been easier then what we are seeing now. And we think Luna is getting able to try standing soon, as soon as she is strong enough. But we are trying to figure out if she is dealing with a phycological problem about walking again.
I would appreciate any comments you all have. Can parrots have phycological problems? or is the phycological problem ours? Will Luna just naturally have an instinct to struggle to stand and walk again? I hope I'm not putting you all on the spot. Just need some other thoughts besides our own. :?
Darlene
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

I truly think you are the pioneer on this subject.

I do have a gut feeling she is reluctant to use her legs, considering they were probably hurt and hurting her for this long, she is probably naturally reluctant to use them for fear of them hurting her. I guess rehabilitation would be a must for all creatures as it is for humans in cases like this. Supporting her and allowing her to just touch the ground with her feet and taking it slowly from there might be a plan. Really not sure. Again I have to say you are wonderful for being so dedicated to her :D *hugs* i hope someone else has better advice than I can offer.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

taken from this site;
http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/archive/i ... 10501.html

-----

pdpbison24th May 2005, 08:57 PM
Hi Sirpigeon,

If I were you, I would seek the assistance of a good Avian Vet...likely the Legs will need to be splinted carefully ( not too tight, not too lose, and aligned in doing so.)

Thighs of lower legs? Compound or...?

Anyway, my only experience with a Pigeon having two broken legs, was where it had two broken Thighs, not commutated...and, I made gentle splints, and suspended the Bird in a light cloth sling (kind of like a Hammok, suspended from the sides of the Bird...) so it woulkd eat, drink and poop with convenience.

Kept them there for maybe six weeks I think, and at the end, I was setting various thicknesses of wideish blocks of wood under them just below their feet so their toes could just touch, then so the Feet themselves could just touch, then a little more, so that they could, if they wanted, begin to test their Legs as they liked...

This went well, and the Bird walked clumcily when removed from the sling, and soon regained full use of them, but, because I had not set them quite aligned, the Bird walked ( and still walks) a little bowlegged.

This was maybe 12 or 14 years ago, and recently I saw that same Bird in with my wild Flock, where we recognized eachother after all these years.

Broken Bones can be of a wide range of severity, and, it is best if you could enlist the aid of a good Bird Vet for this...

Good luck with this..!

Phil
Las Vegas

------------------

Maybe you could make a sling style hammock attached to a frame ? and lower her slowly, also getting her use to the upright position again.

If you go to the web link there is more discussion further down about how easy it was to make the sling from a clean but old t/shirt. Maybe you could use a triangular bandage also.

Just searching and thinking of ideas here :wink:
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Darlene

Post by Darlene »

Hi Phil
WOW! a pigeon with two broken legs. Sounds like the challenge we have had with our Indian Ringneck ( Luna ). Only the accident left her with a fractured pelvic bone on one side. No other fractures that the vet could see from the xrays. But possable nerve damage. The fracture has since healed and the nerve damage to her spine seems to be healing. It has been about two and a half monthes since she was injured. Luna is active and is moveing her legs and feet now, but just weak mostly. She has been back to the avian vet twice so far just to check on her progress. He said she has healed from the fracture and seems to be back to health. I think what we need now is some kind of strength therapy for her legs.
Your idea for the pigeon sounds good and like it could get her used to useing her legs for support again in a gentle way. So it wouldn't be too stressful for her. Thanks for your advice. Mabey our vet can help fix up a sling for her.
That really is amazeing how you saw the pigeon again after all that time. The attention and help you gave her really paid off. Thanks for the helpful thoughts and comments from you guys. Especially when we are learning about this as we go.
Darlene
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

Hi Kyria,
I went to the link about the pigeon. and I put the wrong name on my reply. :lol: Sorry. But the information on the link was good and gives some ideas to use for Luna at this point. I replied on the wrong forum. LOL! OH WELL, I think it's a full moon, :lol: :oops:
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

NP hope it helps :D
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Darlene

Luna's progress and question

Post by Darlene »

Hello:
It has been three and a half monthes since the terrible day when our Luna was injured. We have had her for regular follow up visits to see our avian vet. Since I have last updated my post, Luna is now moveing her legs out and back and is opening and closeing her toes. She can hold up a foot toy by herself now. And pulls herself up on things and gets her feet under her. All we need now is for Luna to get stronger in her legs and feet so she can stand up on her own. ... But when we stand her up, she refuses to try to practice useing her legs to balance and hold herself up. It's almost like she can't remember walking. She still preferes to scoot useing her beek. When we know she is moveing her legs and feet now and has feeling. I know parrots mimic and learn from each other and from us. Luna has no other parrot like herself to indentify with. I am now wandering if it would help her or be harmful to her to have anouther Indian Ringneck like herself to watch and learn from. Mabey there was some memory loss that we are only now beginning to see a possability of. Luna only has my husband and I to interact and identify with. We have two large cages and a playstand and climbing toys. My question is, to those of you who have more then one parrot and who are breeders is:
Would it be helpful to Luna if we got anouther parrot preferrably anouther IRN for Luna to watch and hopefully learn from?? I know we couldn't have them in the same cage or out of there cages at the same time. But they could hear and see each other. Any advice or feedback about this would be very much appreciated. And helpful to us at this point.
Donna

Post by Donna »

Hi Darlene I think getting anothr IRN is a great idea. But I would get one that's not weaned yet. I normally tell people not to buy unweaned babies but in this case I think it would be best for Luna to see a helpless baby bird trying to learn how to walk climb and even fly. Yes birds do mimic other birds and if I were in your shoes right now I would be trying anything. :D Best of luck and keep us posted.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Every time I hear about Luna it brings a tear to my eye and a smile. So happy for you and Luna! :D

I too think its a great idea to get Luna a friend. And getting a baby sounds like a great idea too!

Best wishes *HUGS*

Lauren :wink:
Darlene

anouther question

Post by Darlene »

:D Thank You for your advice about getting anouther baby IRN for Luna. I just didn't trust myself to make the decision by myself. But I have anouther question to those of you who have experience with more then one parrot in the house. If Luna has been the only one for all of her life, would it make her too jealouse or harmful emotionally for her to see anouther parrot in the house? We would of coarse give Luna the same love and attention as she has always had. But is it usually a problem when you bring in anouther baby? I want to be careful not to make her unhappy stressed or depressed. Is there a chance that she may eccept and enjoy the company of anouther IRN? The physical therapy and healing is getting better all the time. Luna is not dealing with pain now and is well. But it is the emotional healing and relearning that we are going into now. We don't see any reson why she can't walk again, just to get stronger. and she has to try. We just want to do what is best to get her to try and it's something she has to do.

Darlene
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Well, My Jibby had been alone for atleast 5 years. Last November, I thought it would be a good idea to get him another IRN so he could relate to another. He immediatly wanted to 'care' for the new baby. He was like a big brother. Still is. He doesn't give up on trying to get Yoda to like him. He follows Yoda around like a bad smell sometimes trying to get kisses on the head. But Yoda still wants none of that. Yoda has become quite the alpha bird and I cannot believe the change in behaviour from Jibby. Hes turned into a little angel!

Thats just my 2. I think everybirdy is different. Some get along some don't. There is a chance they will get along fine but don't count on it.

I'd very slowly introduce them to each other. Also, don't change anything about Lunas routine. Make her feel like nothing has changed and shes still number 1. Of course you will. Just a thought. :wink:
Milamber3790

Post by Milamber3790 »

i'm so glad luna is geting better. ive been meening to put a message here for a while but never got around 2 it. Jaws my lutino just flew into a car yesterday and i can fully understand how u felt. it wasnt that bad, and a day later he was bak to his old self but at the time it was realy frightening.
again so glad Luna is getting better. i aint religious, but this is one hell of a miracle!
LAAnnie

Post by LAAnnie »

Hi, I just read all the way back to the beginning of Luna's story. It amazes me just how resilient these little birds are. God bless you for not giving up on your baby. She will reward you with love and appreciation, believe me. Please keep us updated on her progress. By the way, I have seen birds imitate each other, so perhaps letting Luna watch another bird will stimulate her memory and desire to start walking and flying about.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Darlene, How is little Luna going? Havn't heard from you in a while. :(
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Yes, we are overdue for an update on Luna, hope all is well.
-Chamon-

Darlene

HI! Sept report on Luna

Post by Darlene »

:D Hello,
I've been around, Just not much new progress to report. But Luna has gone from total paralisis when she was injured last February, to slow progress but still improveing. Luna is healthy, we just had her in to see the vet for her well check up, weigh in and maintanance. Her health is good and her weight is 120 grams, a good average for her. Luna is in the pre-stages of standing up. She couldn't hold herself up good before and she needed to get stronger in her legs. Well now she only uses her beek to balance herself with but is pushing up to a standing possition. She pushes against us with her feet when we pick her up and now she is opening her toes and pushing out with her legs when we set her down. Luna doesn't want me to lay her on her back for her therapy any more. She protests and it's like she is trying to say she doesn't need that any more.
Since Luna has been injured, she has a very close bond to my husband & I and has become a sweet trusting baby. We take her with us sometimes when weather permits. and she goes around the house to her favorite hangouts. When she is standing up and only balanceing with her beek, she will call to us to come and see her. So we give her lots of praise and sound happy and she acts like she is proud of herself. Luna has molted and had a normal healthy molt. She has been molting the barred feather and replaceing them with new feathers that are free of the barring. So that means she isn't haveing stress and is acting content with her daily routine. I'm not seeing any signs of emotional problems. She doesn't scream or pluck her feathers. But she does entertain herself by doeing a lot of chewing. So we put safe chew toys around for her and foraging toys with food in them for her to figure out and get open. Sometimes Luna likes to sit in the sugar bowl up on the counter in the kitchen and watch me while I am working. The sugar bowl is like a little nest that she likes to sit in. No sugar in it , just a soft cloth. But it is so cute to see her sitting in the sugar bowl. :lol:
I hope everyone of you are doing well, and I'll check back in again soon.
Have a good day
Darlene
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Thanks for the update Darlene. You and your hubby have done such a great job with Luna--who is putting up a wonderful fight. I just know we will be reading that she is 100% one of these days. Hugs & scritches,
MCS
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Progress is progress. So glad to hear hes doing well and has found a cosy spot in the sugar bowl. :wink:
Darlene

November update on Luna

Post by Darlene »

:D Hello
There is some good news about Luna. She is now sitting up without holding onto anything. She watches me when I open my hand and tell her to " open toes " and she is beginning to open her toes. and she is grasping onto our finger when my husband or I pick her up. She doesn't lay in our hand now. She sits up in our hand. And my husband made Luna a table top pearch and I put vet wrap on it to make it easier for her to hold onto the pearch. And it doesn't feel slippery or hard to her feet. In the mornings, I set her on the pearch. Sometimes I still have to help her fix her toes right, but she is getting better at that part. Luna has her toes around the pearch and is pushing up on her legs to a standing possition. She only needs to see me in front of her and I only need to give her a little support just to balance herself. Becouse her little birdie legs are weak yet. She calls and wants us to watch her, becouse we give lots of praise when she is trying. She sounds like she is so proud of herself. Whe she begins to get tired I take her off the pearch becouse she stops and wants to rest. So I cuddle her and give her loves. She is starting to do her cute little " Giggle " again. and and is slowely beginning to talk and say some things she used to say. ... But she only talks when she thinks she is alone. When we come into the room, she is quiet. So I think she is not ready to let us hear her yet until she can practice. Her little voice is still weak. I read that nerve damage can affect a birds voice. But if healing continues that gets better. I have been giveing Luna Aloe Vera in her orenge juice and blueberries, becouse they say Aloe Vera is calming and healing for internal and external healing. I still have her on periodic herbal healing meds and detox her every six monthes. Becouse my vet said it is common to see liver and kidney failures after nerve damage. He is surprised that he is not seeing any thing like that for such a seriouse injury. But I know it is the detoxing and other healing herbal medications and lots of cuddling and love that has gotten Luna this far. She has a good weight and is happy and healthy. I am also useing the healing crystal on her now. It helps draw out any negative energy that can prevent cell regeneration and healing. This is when we began to see new improvements. So I am going to keep useing it. We have nothing to loose and it is about the only thing left to do in her treatment. Well this is all the news on my update on Luna. It is all good news and I wanted to share it with you all.
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

This whole story is quite an inspiration. I am so happy for Luna and so proud of you for your hard work and dedication to your fid. Thank you for it all and for sharing it with us.

:D
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:cry: Tears of happiness! Soo happy for you and Luna. What a champion! Thankyou so much for shareing this with us. :D
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Would you mind terribly if I told my relatives to ship me to you if I am every hurt badly?

Seriously, you guys are the champs. You and Luna have made a real old fashioned miracle.

Hugs all round!
Last edited by catschair2 on Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCS
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

:D Hi again,
Thank You for your comments and replies. It has been nine monthes since Luna was injured. And she went from total paralisis in her legs and feet and a fractured pelvic bone, to the presant, where she has feeling and movement in her legs and feet and is now sitting up with no support and standing up on a perch with just enough support for balance. I just have to tell you of a new development with Luna. She likes to hang out in the kitchen. She wants the lower cupboard doors opened so she can balance herself on the edge and sit there while I am in the kitchen. She has a certain little sound she makes when she wants the cupboard door opened for her. So I opened it and Luna was sitting in front of the cupboard like she always does. I left the room for a while and when I returned, Luna was missing. I thought my husband might have came and picked her up, but he said he hasn't seen her. So we call her and no answer. We are looking every place we could think of and no little Luna. We come back into the kitchen, and there is Luna in front of the cupboard. :? How did she get there? Now the phone rings, I go to answer the phone and am only gone about two minutes. I come back and Luna has evaporated again. The search is on again. We call and no answer. As I am about to leave the kitchen to go look for her, I see something move inside the cupboard. I bend down to get a better look and I am looking at a little blue face looking back at me from way in the back of the cupboard. There is only one way she could have gotten in there and that is by useing her little legs to push herself up high enough to get inside. So we watched to see how she was getting out of there, becouse she must be doing it in reverse to get up inside. After she knew she was discovered, she scooted to the edge and turned around backward and on one side pushed herself over the edge and down with her beek and felt for the floor with her little feet. Her legs were just enough support to let her drop to the floor. She has this all figured out. It was a little hide and seek game and magic trick on disappearing and reappearing. :lol: Luna is full of surprises today. We are amazed at her determination and problem solveing. They truley are like little feathered kids. I sometimes get sad about Luna's disability until she does something cute and funny. Her disability has not changed her personality.
Melika

Post by Melika »

What a heartwarming story. You have a nice little blue light in your life. ^_^
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

what an amazing story glad to here luna is getting better you and your family deserve a medal for the patience and perseverance luna is one lucky bird to have such a dedicated family :D
jobo2mi

Post by jobo2mi »

MY my my! How lovely that Luna is doing so well. I've been watching this thread since Luna was injured and hoping against all hope that Luna would heal. It is with great joy that I see she is now playing hide n seek with her momma!! :) Please keep us updated as I know I'm not the only one praying for this little wonder bird!
Joanne

and the fids -
Parakeets - Emma (RIP Bonnie & Clyde)
Tiels - Rosie, Howie
QP - Isis
Sun Conure - Precious
IRN - Nala
Caique - Timber
and the cat - BK