I think every one should view this

Moderator: Mods

Donna

I think every one should view this

Post by Donna »

TRY NOT TO GET TOO UPSET.. BUT IT DOES SAY ALOT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAwasmUSgC4
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Shew, that was hard to watch. :cry:

When we were in the Bahamas back in '03, I had never even thought of having a bird. I remember seeing a little truck full of cages stuffed with Macaws. I remember thinking, 'they must ship them to the states' and thought nothing more of it.

Those were grown Macaws and I now know chances are the man driving that truck had somehow caught these birds from the wild and were now selling them/importing them to others as pets.

Had I known better... today... I would be in a bahamian prison because there is no doubt in my mind I would have ran to that truck and released as many of those birds as I could have before the cops dragged me away.

I'll never forget that. I kick myself for not knowing. I could have saved so many. The truck was stocked full. Really sad image I carry. :cry:
~ Mikaela Sky

Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

omg i was fine watching there flying bout and things until the song started and i saw all those birds getting locked in cages i started feeling tears going down my face, i filled with tears, i was happy to see the birds that got love from humans.

But i cant beleive it i cant beleive a clip made me cry. Im glad Amazon doesnt have to be locked in a cage
Adam and Dude
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:cry: I've seen that vid but it still makes me cry and that song!! Its just so sad. I've tried to find that song but I can't find it anywhere.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Image thats all i can do and have nothing to say.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Unfortunately that’s the reality. Some people do not perceive parrots as creatures that feel pain—they are viewed as financial or ornamental objects. It’s very sad to see—especially knowing that that behavior will never change and people can be cruel, insensitive, and heartless. I often wonder, who has more problems—people or parrots :evil: . It’s a shame to see this and very much a disappointment :cry: . The only thing we can do as parrot enthusiast is educate and help people learn that parrots are intelligent creatures that deserve better treatment and require much more time and care then we would like to think.

Thanks for posting! :cry:

Best Wishes,

Imran Chaudhry
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Yup seen it before but I always cry!! Thanks for posting Donna.
-Chamon-

giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Its been a while since I log in to this site last time, and thats a sad video...
Klaatu

Post by Klaatu »

That was horrible! I really wish I hadn't watched it.
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

i think its good to watch a video like that, it shows people that bad things happen and someone can be done about it, im just so glad that everyone on this site doesnt do things like that.

When i watched it i ran out to my aviary birds and sat with them for a while, not that i dont do that anyway, but yea it made me do it more.
Adam and Dude
Klaatu

Post by Klaatu »

:) Gemstone, that's sweet. I too went in and sat with my bird for a couple of hours.
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

i guess this happens.. we just need to help as many birds as we can.. and educate people to
-Justin
nichole123

Post by nichole123 »

That is a sad video :cry:
Klaatu

Post by Klaatu »

:roll: Absolutely horrible. But I guess we all had to watch it. I'll be honest. As soon as I realized where it was going on I stopped watching it. I will never view it in it's entirity. Life can be ugly no matter what the issue. Watch a PETA video and you'll gag everytime you see a hamburger or piece of fried chicken, or even a pair of shoes. I think all of us love our birds and would never mistreat or neglect them so we can take small comfort in the fact that we are doing our parts. I also think all of us own captive bred birds. So, I wonder if we really needed to be subjected to that ugly video. I also believe international laws are taking a big bite out of bird smuggleing and though it may not be happening as fast as we all would like, sooner or later the market for smuggled birds will disappear. BTW if anyone can furnish me with a Palm Cockatoo all of what I just said goes right out the window :twisted:
Gort, Klaatu Barada Nikto
bec

Post by bec »

i couldnt stop crying all :cry: :cry: :cry:
but im glad i watched it , it makes me more aware of the treasures we have in the beautiful birds we have & how easy it is for them to get sick as i was watching this kieron was calling to me it was like he was getting upset at my crying :)
& it also made me more grateful for this site & the wonderful advice ive received from all of you!!!!!!!!
& i must admit i did love the scene with the bird tucked up in bed with the little kid :)
leo

Post by leo »

OMG....

i hate seeing this...make me feel wierd in within...i dont know, i just feel like i can feel the pain they had...OMG...!!!!!!!!
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

That was absolutly heartwrenching. :( :(

We call ourselves "more intelligent" & "civilized" yet it clearly appears to me that we are far from that. How we can inflict so much pain on such an innocent animal whose only crime was to be born free.

I am so very ashamed to be part of this so called "superior race"

:(
Lene

Post by Lene »

Cheers

Lene
bec

Post by bec »

im crying again
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
rip bo
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

I just clicked the video without reading any posts about it. I pulled it up for my 3 year old who got very blue and started to cry as soon as it showed the birds in the cages and told me to turn it off when things got worse. She is an animal LOVER. She said we will let our bird just fly around when we get it.
This treatment of animals makes me ill.
Allie
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

I don't own Sky. He owns me. He eats better than me, lives better than me, and I spend so much more money on him than on myself or anything else. I play with him many hours every day. He falls asleep on me. He's my baby, he really is a kid. Just with feathers and considerably louder that's all. :D

I'm a push over, so of course i cried seeing both of those videos. There are some of us out there just trying to help, and some slime-balls that don't even deserve to be called human. That's what I think.
cylent

Post by cylent »

uh... this video is made to make people mad!
if you ask a pet owner how they treat their pet they'll tell you they spoil them to death. (example: the people on this forum)

I agree there are the shop owners / breeders who just care about the money ... you cant stop all the crap in the world...
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

That video is soo sad but it really makes you think about how cruel people can be to animals that could love as so much
Mjay

Post by Mjay »

How can people do that????????
all they want is love or freedom or both and if someone can't give that to their pet no matter what type, they don't deserve it, mongrels

:!:
MJAY
cylent

Post by cylent »

Mjay wrote:How can people do that????????
all they want is love or freedom or both and if someone can't give that to their pet no matter what type, they don't deserve it, mongrels

:!:
its called money! they do it because with the money they can get more...