taming/teaching help

Moderator: Mods

julie

Post by julie »

Hello, angie(kyria) has a irn called kai who was from an aviary and he was 11 months old and she managed to tame him. It is possible but you may get a few bites along the way but please dont let the bites put you off, irns are masters at making you think they are the boss. He is still very young. You will need to build up some trust with him/her first.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Yep .. its totally possible. It may just take a little time and patience. It takes a while for them to gain trust in you, take things slowly, a step each day, keep them close by and just keep trying to interact with them. Treating is great to build trust and get close. Offer different foods to them from your hand moving in closer each time.

It took me 6 months to have my Kai step up and want to be around us, eventually curiosity was what had him come climb up on us to be with us, he still doesn't like scritches and pats, and is still a little jumpy with sudden sounds and movements, but all in all we are able to step him up and handle him just fine :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I believe it is possible. :wink: Alot of people have avary babies here. Just be patient and calm. It takes some time as I'm finding out with my Yoda. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I'm sorry I made a mistake while moving the topic to the appropriate area and deleted the post. :oops: Wont happen again. So sorry!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year