Its Beer O'clock somewhere

Moderator: Mods

WasasMum

Its Beer O'clock somewhere

Post by WasasMum »

When I got little Wasa my boyfriend would joke around and say that he would have my bird swilling beer in no time... of course just to get me to bite at his silly comments.... well without even trying, my little Wasa has become a beer drinker. Everytime Cam gets a beer and opens it, my baby sees the yellow can and comes a runnin..... I mean there is no stopping the little green fella. He will climb all over cam just to lick the side of the can, and of course the little bugger somehow gets to the top and licks it out of the lip of the can.

We both know this is very bad for Wasa, but it seems Wasa doesnt care.
Leaving us both to think... is Wasa bound for AA meetings? :shock:
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

Beer will kill your baby! Do not let him drink that! It is just like chocolate, it does not good. Please stop before he/she dies.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:shock: Gosh No Beer! It will kill. Do you really want to risk it?

I'm sorry to sound to the point. But we just care for the welfare of everybirdy ..please no beer!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Donna

Post by Donna »

There's time where you must step in and be the MOM! Wasas is heading for the grave not AA. Please be careful.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

Amazon does this aswell, he will see you pour a drink and watch where you put it, 10min later he will be at the cup trying to get in. We stop him right away and put him somewhere else, you just have to move him away and tell him No or whatever word you use to tell him bad. Amazon now thinks twice about what is in the cup now
Adam and Dude
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

WasasMum,

Though it can be humorous, take caution. Beer can cause serious problems with your parrot and CAN kill him. Beer dose not sit will in the bird’s digestive tract and becomes toxic during their digestion.

If your ringneck gets a good dose of it, you will need to rush him to an avian vet and that’s something that can be avoided. Besides, I am sure you’ll never forgive yourself if something accidentally happens to Wasa :( —after all, he depends on you for his survival :wink: . If your ringneck seeks a soft drink, try substituting alcohol for bottled water :wink: .

Hope this helps,

Imran Chaudhry
WasasMum

Post by WasasMum »

As if I am going to do anything to harm my baby. We try our hardest to keep him away from beer or anything for that fact that would harm him.
I was only sharing a bit of his personality and behaviour with the group.

I would never do anything to harm my Wasa.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Totally understand there is no way you would do anything to hurt your baby, and it is cute when they join in on things. I think everyone was just trying to point out that even a few licks could be harmful, coz in relation to size and because of their makeup even a few licks can be harmful.

I never new, in the beginning, there were things that are harmful if had regulary (onions, any form of chocolate, salted foods and things high in sugar) and then things that could hurt or even kill them with a few bites/tastes (like avacado, apple seeds and alcohol and even cooking with teflon, spraying/cleaning with strong cleaners, even spraying room deodorisers)

Its all a learning experience, and we love and care for all our family members here :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

We all make mistakes. :wink: I made a few before I came here and learned so much.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year