Yoda is err feeding Jibby?

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Yoda is err feeding Jibby?

Post by Lauren »

:shock: Is it normal for a 9 month old to regurgitate? I know this is a sign of 'love' but so soon?

Jibby and Yoda were playing together on the floor. Yoda was getting very excited and was chattering away to Jibs! Then I noticed Yoda started bobbing his/her head and doing 'the dance'. Yoda then 'fed' my Jibby! I just didnt think they'd do this at a young age.

Yoda is still the dominant lil baby, but they both love to play together and hate being separated.

I'm just shocked because its my baby birdy feeding my 7 year old! What is going on? Jibby is such a big baby!

They've been lil silly chickens lately. Running around on the floor, talking to each other and playing games. They still wont prene each other yet. Not that close. But they are just chilling out in Jibbys cage right now, having a nap and happily grinding beaks.

Is this normal behaviour for a 9 month old? :shock: They amaze me everyday.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

How cute! Where is the video? (and wish I could help, but don't ask me about normal :? )
MCS
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I wish I had gotten a video. It was quite amusing! I will have to charge the battery on the camera. :roll:

I don't know what normal is either. I've wondered about alot of things Jibs does but I can't seem to find answers. They are a bit strange. :lol:
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Yep ! Normal .. this is our male Jordan at about that age feeding our Kai who is older;

Very normal :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

pearl

Post by pearl »

SWEEEEEEEET VIDEO KYRIA
BUT I WAS WONDERING ISNT IT FUNNY THAT YOU WWERE SHOOTING A FEEDING SESSION AND THE VOICE FROM THE TV WAS GIVING A COMENTRY ABOUT HOW DO THEY FEED
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HEHEHEHEHEEH

BUT THE HOPPING PARROT TAKES THE CAKE AWAY
VERY ADORABLE
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

hehe :wink:

For PC's sake I want to know if anyone has experienced a female feeding a male. Because as far as I know I have only ever seen the males feeding others. Especially a submissive male (feeding) to a dominant male.

Doing the Dance ! .. hmm .. so you do have another boy there :wink: .
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

I think thats fine really, your yoda is going to be a very good parents when she/he grow up! :wink:
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

we have Jade feeding our baby Amazon, Amazon will chase Jade round for a feed, it is normal but we dont let them do it, as Amazon stopped eatting from plates and will only eat from the mouth he is 8mths old now and we would like him to eat from plates.

But yes its normal just depends if you want them to carry on like that or not, we stop our boys as soon as we see it happen
Adam and Dude
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thankyou, I just didnt know whether the young ones do this to older ones.

I'm a lil confused because Yoda is dominant and females can be very dominant but then Yoda has been doing the dance a fair bit lately. I'll just have to wait to find out the truth.

I don't think Jibby would make a good parrent. He feeds his bell and I don't think he quite understands other birds! lol.

Angie, that video is so cute. Yoda doesnt really hop around but more stands infront of Jibby and does a lil trance dance moving his head around in a circular motion and pinning closely at him. Then Jibby lowers his head all the time at Yoda. He does this when he wants a kiss on the head or a scritch to us but I'm not sure if he wants the same from Yoda. Or this could be a submissive stance? :?
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Lol he feeds his bell? He must have loved his bell soo much, like how children play dinner with their favourite doll.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Yep, he loves his bell so much! LOL. I used this bell as a tool for training him. But he become quite attached to it now.
He regurgitates to it and erm does 'naughty mating' things to it during breeding season.

Usually, he will want me to put the bell on the floor in the morning so he can pick it up and take it where ever he wants to go. But at night he wants it hooked up in his cage so he can talk to it. Occasionally, he will sleep with his bell on his head like a hat.

Ive thought about taking his bell off him because he can get a lil angry when on heat and bite the toes of people close to his bell. But hes fine now. I will see what happens this breeding season.

Weird huh? hehe.
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

kyria wrote:Yep ! Normal .. this is our male Jordan at about that age feeding our Kai who is older;

Very normal :wink:

Jordan (is that the lutino?) is very cute, I love the bouncing/ hopping around, Gandalf flies or walks everywhere.
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

yes Jordan is the Lutino. He wasn't always flighted though, he was clipped for his first year or so, to tame him before we let him grow out his flight feathers. He only hops like this when he is doing the mating dance.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless