baby doesn't like healthy food

Moderator: Mods

selma

baby doesn't like healthy food

Post by selma »

Ok so i found this recipe for parrots on the net which consists of beans, brown rice, garlic, ginger, oregano, basil, veggies and a whole lot of love. SO i spent my time yesterday morning cooking a whole pot full for baby feeling ever so happy because i was going to feed him something which i knew for sure was healthy and nutritious...and what does the little rascal do? takes one lick and scampers off to the top of his cage. He left it totally untouched until i was having my dinner he started screaming for some of mine and finished it off in one go. Now, i have a feeling it's because there was no salt and i know salt is not good for them but would just a little dash hurt? I do not want to have to finish that pot of mush by myself. Or maybe if i added a bit of tobasco? black pepper? chillies? any ideas?
BTW: is it ok to give them uncooked green beans?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Selma:

If a dash will get him to chow down... I say Go for it! Anything is ok in moderation minus alcohol and avacoda. Although we do have an Irn here that needs to attend AA... you know who you are! :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

selma

Post by selma »

Michaela that's so funny. which ine is it? India or peek-a-boo? LOL
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

The one on my avatar is 'Baby' formerly known as India, though I never called her that so I figured Id stick with Baby. Hey, if Prince can do it...

Peek-a-Boo named herself so I dont have much say in that. Certainly not a name I would have choosen but she sure seems to dig it.
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Re: baby doesn't like healthy food

Post by Melika »

selma wrote:Ok so i found this recipe for parrots on the net which consists of beans, brown rice, garlic, ginger, oregano, basil, veggies and a whole lot of love. SO i spent my time yesterday morning cooking a whole pot full for baby feeling ever so happy because i was going to feed him something which i knew for sure was healthy and nutritious...and what does the little rascal do? takes one lick and scampers off to the top of his cage. He left it totally untouched until i was having my dinner he started screaming for some of mine and finished it off in one go. Now, i have a feeling it's because there was no salt and i know salt is not good for them but would just a little dash hurt? I do not want to have to finish that pot of mush by myself. Or maybe if i added a bit of tobasco? black pepper? chillies? any ideas?
BTW: is it ok to give them uncooked green beans?

Yes! Even I like uncooked green beans! lol. That's the best way to eat them. Washed, of course. ^_^

Some spicy might help you for your recipe. I know Tsume LOVES anything peppery. ^^
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay