Bibou's latest pics

Post by selma »

i'm taking a bath. no peeking ok?Image

I just love being pampered

these birdies are so cute...good enough to eat

oh not now mom i'm catching up om my beauty sleep
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

So precious.... thank you SO much for sharing that with us.

Wow, it made me realize how big Baby is getting :cry:

How old? 2-3 months tops?

I dont want my baby to get any bigger! I forgot how CUTE they are at that age.
~ Mikaela Sky

selma

Post by selma »

Mikaela i'm not sure how old he is but we got him end of May and he looked the same then...the red patch on his head has disappeared now so i'm sure it must have been dye from the previous pet shop. Poor baby. Imagine them putting a stamp on his head :o When we took him for wing-clipping they said he is still a baby but they too couldn't tell exactly how old. I would say at least 6 or 7 months because he is a real chatterbox. He picks up words very quickly. Still nippy though but i am trying not to pull away from the bites which hurt like heck :shock: And i'm such a sissy when it comes to pain.
Hopefully things will improve
Melika

Post by Melika »

His wings look great, they're growing in nicely (to me they look just a little short of grown in, could be wrong of course). I'm guessing you're not going to clip? Nothing is prettier than a bird in full flight. ^_^

I can't get over how... white his cage is, lol. Hane is always getting food all over the place. The only time his cage is sparkling is at night, right after I clean it. :lol:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
selma

Post by selma »

Melika- we had his wings clipped about 6 weeks ago. I don't think they did a proper job though because he can still fly when something scares him. But maybe they just naturally have the ability to fly a little even with wings clipped?
The white cage-that pic must have been taken after i cleaned it. :)
Melika

Post by Melika »

They didn't cut all his primaries then. They did what I call a "fashion cut" so it's still pretty. Thing is, the primaries provide lift and the shorter feathers provide glide. So he's still getting a lot of lift. Next time ask them to cut the primaries, even the ones on the end. That should solve your problem.

It's best to leave the shorter ones, so they don't fall like a bowling ball, lol. Even though it isn't as pretty. :lol:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I remember that hideous stamp. I remember thinking what in the world is that... a mutation gone wrong?

I am so glad it washed away. I am on the way to the store as we speak to put a whopping on um! :shock:

My baby was only 5 weeks old in my avatar and seems bigger than your baby now. Maybe it is the camera. I paid a good amount of money for my digital cam but not really impressed with its lack of good focus. If I try to get a close up, it takes it waaaaay too far, thereby not having the imagine captured :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky