Bad Mummy

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Bad Mummy

Post by Lauren »

I feel so bad. The last few weeks, everynight at bedtime. Jibby screams his guts out at me. I tried for so long to figure out what the problem was. Left the cage door open, gave him his bell, made sure nothing was annoying him in or around the cage..

I thought I'd ignore the screaming and maybe he will go to sleep eventually. But lately after about 15 minutes of being ignored he will come look for me, in the dark!

And you know what he wanted?... A kiss and a cuddle! :cry:

I feel like a bad mummy. I thought I give him enough love during the day. But guess he just wants a goodnight kiss and cuddle. As soon as he found me, he snuggled under my chin and was grinding his beak on my nose, he looked so happy to find me. After he got a cuddle, he was ready to go night night. Peacefully climbed into his cage and put his bell on his head. (this is how he sleeps, strange i know)

After all the screaming all he wanted was goodnight cuddle! Me bad. :cry:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
sonic70

Post by sonic70 »

they are funny little creatures. everynight around 8.30pm while i sit and watch television. cosmo comes down to to me and sits on my chest for his kisses and cuddles. then around 9.30 he is ready to go into his cage for bed. there are some nights when he can be really stubborn and not want to go to bed and just want to stay with me. when this happens he comes to bed with me ( have a stand in the bedroom )
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

My partner would let me do that. He'd sleep with a cat in bed, no worries. But no birds in the bedroom! :cry: I'm not much of a cat fan so there will never be any cats in my bed or my house for that matter.

I wouldnt sleep with the bird actually in the bed, hazard, might crush the poor thing. A stand is ok though. What a lucky birdie!
coz

Post by coz »

How cute!
How long have you had Gilbert for. Hopefully Penny will be like that. At the moment she likes to sit on her cage and nibbles me, so I have along way to go. :cry:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Ive had Gilbert for 6 years now (well actually 5 because I travelled for a year, had to leave him home). Got him as a baby, I think he was 3 or 4 months old and I believe he was hand reared. The older he gets, more personality (and attitude) comes out. He 'knows' me and how to get what he wants.. most of the time. :wink:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Gilby is 6! :shock:
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Yep, Hes a big boy now, but still cries for his mummy to tuck him in. :wink:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

All my birds are rescues except 2 so I have to trust in their ages, meaning they could drop anyday for all I know.

Baby and Gray... they are tagged and I know their exact hatch date. Sure cant tell by looking at them, how old they are! :shock:
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

They look perfect at any age. They do look different as bubs though. I wish I knew the exact hatch days. Jibby was born in 2000 and I dont remember whether Dad asked Jibby's exact day. I forgot to ask the breeder I got Yoda from the exact day aswell! dah! He said Yoda just fledged. Im guessing. So I'm making both their official hatch days 1st of September.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby was hatched on mommies day '05! :D
~ Mikaela Sky