IRN ankel bracelet

Moderator: Mods

Pamzie

IRN ankel bracelet

Post by Pamzie »

Does anyone know what the letters and numbers mean on the birds bracelet? Or is that something only the breeder would know? Mine says "GCBF N0 90 or 06 then 6.

Im trying to establish my birdies age. he's never had a moult yet that I know of. The pet store I got him from said he was about 7 months old when I got him back in July, so that would make him about 1 yr old now. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Pam

p.s I don't know if he's m/f, I've just always call him a boy. lol
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Former post pasted:

Hey Ya'll:

As time has gone on we have made our avatars bigger and bigger. It throws the look of the board of if it is much over 80x80.

If you find your avatar has been removed, please dont take it personally. Im working hard on the board right now and this is just one of the things on my 'to do list'.

All you have to do is resize your avatar to AT or VERY CLOSE TO 80x80.
Much over that pixel and it throws threads too far to the right.

Its getting to the point now where some were set at 326 x 246 pixels. Thats acceptable for a signature... not an avatar.

Also, while I have your attention, please save my email address for times when the board my be down. I can get us all back together in the meantime. Either IM me or email me at carrollwoodmom@yahoo.com

Thanks you for your understanding!

Hun 631X788 Is far too large for an avatar or signature. Im sorry I had to remove yours. Dont take it personal. Simply resize it and put it back up! :wink:
~ Mikaela Sky

fiona

Post by fiona »

I know at petsmart they get a hatch certificate. So ask the petstore you got yours from, maybe they do too. I think the bands tell the year, but I don't know if they give anymore than that.
Donna

Post by Donna »

The initals is the breeder's or the name of the breeder aviary. 06 means it was hatched in 2006 and the 6 means it was the sixth chick for that breeding pair. Hope that helps some breeders can put anything on their leg bands and some include the state where the breeder in located.

Donna
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Donna:

My Babys says ZAR ( fl written sideways ) 16

I was TOLD he hatched mothers day of 05. I bought him as a baby in 05 around July?

So was my baby the 1st hatchling or 6th? Or is he tagged wrong? Or am I stupid?

Any help would be lovely hehe.
~ Mikaela Sky

Donna

Post by Donna »

Mik does baby's leg band have 05 on it? I don't know why they would band at all if their not going to put the year it was hatched. The 16 means it was the 16th chick that pair produced. All my bands have DJP MI (sideways) 06 and a number like 4 or five meaning it was the 4th or 5th chick that pair produced for me. But like I say breeders can put anything they want on the band. :D

Donna :D