More of Jasmine

A place to talk about all species, apart from our Ringnecks. Please, post video and pics when available.

Moderator: Mods

xo Missi

More of Jasmine

Post by xo Missi »

Here's my sweet lil ham again :D

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Oh Missi...I dunno how i missed this post! She is adorable! Man how I miss my Bodi soo much..

Dani
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

She is pretty I love the pics.
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

What wonderful colours! She's a SI isn't she? I can never tell the difference, they all are pretty birdies though. No wonder she hogs the camera, being that good looking I would want people taking pictures of me too.
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

How did I miss it!

Those colors are amazing. 'Good girl' missi... MBS is a bitch huh?
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Missi,
She's so beautiful. The colors are amazing on these birds. I'm so happy for you and Jazzy!
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Hey y'all! Thanks for the compliments! There are a TON of more pics here... http://missicore.com/gallery/album07 (Newer pics are to the back) :lol: Constantly updating my growing lil girl!
Bird crazy

Feather Tether

Post by Bird crazy »

Missi:

She is so beautiful. I had to go and look at all of them. I saw that you had the feather tether on her outside. Good for you. I am so jealous.

They have quite a different temperment and personality don't they.

Enjoyed the pics.

Thanks so much.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat

Post by Guest »

SUUUEEE!!! Hi! *hugs*

Actually the harness Jasmine has on is The Aviator Harness http://theparrotuniversity.com/harness/harness.html. It's much easier to put on than the Feather Tether and has no metal clips or clasps. It's vet light weight and a main part of the leash is an elastic cord which absorbs shock when the fid flies to the end of the slack. It's really nice, even comes with a 45 minute instructional dvd! She didn't love it at first but now that she knows it means a walk outside, she tollerates it! She is amazing, though! Better update later this weekend :)
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Shoot! :oops: That was obviously me!
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

So cute and beautiful. What do you call that species in english? I know the name in swedish...
Pamela with 2 budgies, 2 tiels and a baby Indian Ringneck named Jia
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

kosejentan wrote:So cute and beautiful. What do you call that species in english? I know the name in swedish...

She is a Solomon Island Eclectus Parrot :D
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

xo Missi wrote:
kosejentan wrote:So cute and beautiful. What do you call that species in english? I know the name in swedish...

She is a Solomon Island Eclectus Parrot :D

Thank you! When I went to Norway this summer to visit my family I saw one in a petstore. It's not often you see that kind of birds there so I just had to visit that store several times. :lol: That's me :lol:
Pamela with 2 budgies, 2 tiels and a baby Indian Ringneck named Jia
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

she is absolutely adorable!
~the stubborn one~
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

That last pics is the look I get from Carmen when I go into the kitchen to make food. As soon as she hears the sound of her bowl being brought out she watches me like that until she gets food.

These birds are so amazing she has been home less than a week and already taking over. Her personality is so strong.

Ekkies are wonderful aren’t they.

Jazzy it just beautiful.
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Jazzy is very very pretty,

Thought of something that my male eclectus loved and thought I'd share, he loved to go into closets or the kitchen cabinets. If I opened a door to get a pot or pan he would run and try to get inside before I could shut the door, If I did shut it he would just sit in there quietly rubbing his beak on the wood until I opened it, and he wouldn't come out willingly. I think it may of been his way of looking for a nest for "us", he was very bonded to me if you know what I mean. It would make us laugh every time he did it.
Got to be a big game with us. You guys have any similar behavior or was it just my Rowdy's little quirk?

Sue and Nila
Sue
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

Carmen is still very young she just weaned and came home on the 14th.

She does like to snuggle on occasion. She will suddenly act like she wants on my shoulder and then dart for my chin so I rap my hands around her and hold her close. This usually last for 15- 20 minutes although she has relaxed and gone to sleep in my arms wile I watched a movie. It was so weird and yet wonderful to have her sleeping like that. Picture the way you hold a cat with your arm bent. I put my hand over her as she nestled into my elbow. She rested her head on my arm and dozed off.
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Sounds like heaven to me. These little ringnecks or at least Nila is
a wiggle worm. He rarely sits still for more that a few seconds when he's on me unless I'm at the computer and he's already tore up everything that's interested him on my desk then he'll let me rest my elbow on the desk with my arm up and him on my hand and he'll tuck his little foot up and go to sleep. Gets a bit grumpy if I'm done and move before he's done with his nap! :lol:

Carmen is really beautiful. You are going to be so amazed at how much she bonds with you.

Sue and Nila
Sue
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Hey Ekkie fan club mates :D Jasmine doesn't like being on the floor yet! I am teaching her by putting her in the hall and calling with a treat in my hand...then she comes waddling over. I just love that bird walk-waddle! Cracks me up and warms my heart! She's my little puffin (her new nickname)! It's so sweet to watch her learn! Anyhow, usually when she's on the ground, she'll fly up to the couch (yes, her flight feathers are completly clipped down :shock: )
Joe and I tend to lay around on the couch and watch tv or movies a LOT (what else is there to do in Naples in the evening?! :roll: ). Jasmine will just roost calmly and as it gets later, she'll nestle in and fall asleep. She has just started putting her head behind her when she sleeps. My little baby is growing up :D

My goodness, I could go on and on and on detailed about the little things she does that just warm my heart, but I'll spare y'all :wink:
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

I don’t mind reading about all the different things people birds do. I love to find out even though we have the same type of bird and around the same age, how different they are. Carmen doesn’t mind the floor at all she will waddle around looking at stuff. I just love her little waddle too; she looks so cute running around like that. Also Carmen has long flight feathers clipped but only about halfway and she cant fly nearly as good as jazzy. If she jumps into the air she gets only a couple inches but that’s it. I have decided to let her flight feather grown in and teach her to fly to me and from cage to couch type thing and then clip her. she doesn’t have a problem jumping from place to place and will flutter to the floor and walk to were she want to be. she also loves swinging on her spiral rope toy (boing) she even hold on and flaps her wings to make it move around. I thought George was a vigorous player until Carmen came home she puts him to shame with her antics. My favorite thing about her so far is her apatite and the way she gets excited when I bring her food. I also love the fact that she can be in the middle of a nap or attacking a toy, if I have food she stops doing what ever it she was doing and comes running to help me eat it. she instantly becomes Velcro bird until she has had her fill. So I have had to start eating more healthy if I am going to eat in her presence because she will not take no for an answer when it comes to food.
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

iaowings wrote:I don’t mind reading about all the different things people birds do. I love to find out even though we have the same type of bird and around the same age, how different they are. Carmen doesn’t mind the floor at all she will waddle around looking at stuff. I just love her little waddle too; she looks so cute running around like that. Also Carmen has long flight feathers clipped but only about halfway and she cant fly nearly as good as jazzy. If she jumps into the air she gets only a couple inches but that’s it. I have decided to let her flight feather grown in and teach her to fly to me and from cage to couch type thing and then clip her. she doesn’t have a problem jumping from place to place and will flutter to the floor and walk to were she want to be. she also loves swinging on her spiral rope toy (boing) she even hold on and flaps her wings to make it move around. I thought George was a vigorous player until Carmen came home she puts him to shame with her antics. My favorite thing about her so far is her apatite and the way she gets excited when I bring her food. I also love the fact that she can be in the middle of a nap or attacking a toy, if I have food she stops doing what ever it she was doing and comes running to help me eat it. she instantly becomes Velcro bird until she has had her fill. So I have had to start eating more healthy if I am going to eat in her presence because she will not take no for an answer when it comes to food.

Yea I have no clue what Jazzy's issue is with flying! Even the woman who raised her (she raised 4 other Ekkies with Jazzy and a bunch of macaws) said Jazzy was the only one who flew. She would set all the Ekkies on a perch, all the other babies stayed put but Jazzy would fly to her shoulder. I don't get it! Wings of steel? A will of steel?! Well I guess all parrots have a will of steel, but you know what I'm saying. I wish she would jsut stay put and be happy playing with her toys or waddling around on the floor but she has to fly...so be it! If that's what my baby wants to do, she's got it! How can I stop her?! Can't trim her flight feathers down any further! :roll:
I love her sleepy warm birdy smell! Seriously, birdy smell is the best! Like warm corn bread! I love the way she'll stop something when I tell her NO. She also tries to "help" me eat what I'm having. That bird eats healthier than I do but she's no dummy! When I'm eating my Arby's or Pizza Hut she shoots right over and helps herself! There's no stopping her!
She's not quick to eat her fruits and veggies though :? It kind of worries me but I keep telling myself she'll grow out of it and dig in as she matures.
She's not VERY active when I get home from work, then again I have no idea what kind of antics she may have been up to during the day :lol:
Her poopies always change shape, look, and color. Also, sometimes there's lots of white (urates), sometimes very little. I told the vet that and he did a poopie examination (gram test), also the initial blood test. *shrug* Do you have that same issue with Carmen?

I could go on more but it's time to get back to work! See! I spend my lunch time on the forums! My family :)

Post by Guest »

Carmen’s poop changes with what she eats, so does George. Carmen and George eat just about the same thing; they are the only two that eat what ever I make them. If she eats lots of papaya it is runny if she eats lots of veggies it can be a little more solid. I find her most solid poops are when iv been gone for a wile and all she has had is pellet. I am currently looking into sprouting so she will never have pellet just 100% natural good food, Same with George. If I can get the tiels and lovies to try new things I will convert them to but they are all seed addicts and will have nothing else except the occasional millet spray.

I have got to run I have class in an hour and need to get ready to go.

Post by Guest »

Carmen’s poop changes with what she eats, so does George. Carmen and George eat just about the same thing; they are the only two that eat what ever I make them. If she eats lots of papaya it is runny if she eats lots of veggies it can be a little more solid. I find her most solid poops are when iv been gone for a wile and all she has had is pellet. I am currently looking into sprouting so she will never have pellet just 100% natural good food, Same with George. If I can get the tiels and lovies to try new things I will convert them to but they are all seed addicts and will have nothing else except the occasional millet spray.

I have got to run I have class in an hour and need to get ready to go.
lazy Mattls

Post by lazy Mattls »

Hey Missi, does your aviator harness come with a metal clip or a plastic one? Does it swivel around their body as they fly like on the DVD? Mine's a plastic clip and it's very stiff.
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

lazy Mattls wrote:Hey Missi, does your aviator harness come with a metal clip or a plastic one? Does it swivel around their body as they fly like on the DVD? Mine's a plastic clip and it's very stiff.

Hmm, the Aviator harness has NO clips. I have not yet watched the dvd but am actually planning on watching it tonight! :D The harness will "swivel" around the body, just make sure you don't put it on too tight.

This is the best harness in my opinion and Jasmine accepts it now with almost no argument :lol:

Need any more advice, PLEASE let me know :)

Post by Guest »

xo Missi wrote:Hmm, the Aviator harness has NO clips. I have not yet watched the dvd but am actually planning on watching it tonight! :D The harness will "swivel" around the body, just make sure you don't put it on too tight.

This is the best harness in my opinion and Jasmine accepts it now with almost no argument :lol:

Hmmm well ours has a plastic part where it can tighten or loosen around the body. On the dvd the guys is metal and swivels easily whereas this one doesn't seem to swivel much. Seems like the loop in the elastic leash part isn't very durable either. I guess time will tell!

The dvd is great. His interaction with his birds is amazing, especially the way they'll fly to him from across a field on command.
Mattls

Post by Mattls »

That was me.
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

hey guys...i just used a flight suit on Mila tonight (first time). still can't believe she let me put it on her! Have either of you tried flight suits?

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:
xo Missi wrote:Hmm, the Aviator harness has NO clips. I have not yet watched the dvd but am actually planning on watching it tonight! :D The harness will "swivel" around the body, just make sure you don't put it on too tight.

Hmmm well ours has a plastic part where it can tighten or loosen around the body. On the dvd the guys is metal and swivels easily whereas this one doesn't seem to swivel much. Seems like the loop in the elastic leash part isn't very durable either. I guess time will tell!

The dvd is great. His interaction with his birds is amazing, especially the way they'll fly to him from across a field on command.

Oh yes that black plastic piece is the adjuster!!

The loop to go around your wrist isn't very durable (strechy) so It won't slip off your hand when your bird s in flight! :wink:

Please pardon the HUGE pic, but it shows the details better than a smaller pic

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

that was me obviously :lol:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Missi...she is stunning! I just want to run away with that cute little girlie...makes me want an ekkie even more

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Thank you Dani! Like I said, you can borrow her if when you come visit me!!! :lol:

Here she is flying with her flight feathers clipped! *don't mind Joe's feet!*

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

What an awesome pic! I just love the flight ones.

Missi have you checked out the BB forum on ekkies? Oh and even better is the Land of Vos one...I bet they would love to see your baby girl

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

I am a member on LOV but it's not a very active forum. There's a woman there who gives great advice. I guess I'm just spoiled by very acvtive forumers on other forums I'm member of!! :lol: I'm not very patient lol

I will check out the BB one!
Bird crazy

Wow

Post by Bird crazy »

That is a great pic of Jazzy in flight. Her colors are so beautiful.
So she really does fly, I mean really flies, you'd better keep her on a
leash when you are out or you will be climbing a tree saying come here Jazzy.
Now since you were so successful with her I'd like you to tell me where you got your flight leash, what it is called and then I want you to come up here and put it on Nila. :) I think I could probably manage the grey but no way with Nila.
And keep an eye on those bananas. Even if they spray the bushes there the bananas should be good to eat. And trust me they are delicious. Just peel first if they spray before you let Jazzy at them. They are ok to cut the whole stalk and let ripen in a shaded dry place, like a lanai or the kitchen hung over the sink.

And anytime you want a babysitter you may want to think of bringing her up to me. I could put her in the front room with the other two and I'd make sure they didn't get after each other. :D And then I'd change my phone number and my locks and pretend I never heard of Missi and I'd love that little Jazzy :P No I'd give her back, really I would.
Sue
xo Missi

Re: Wow

Post by xo Missi »

Bird crazy wrote:That is a great pic of Jazzy in flight. Her colors are so beautiful.
So she really does fly, I mean really flies, you'd better keep her on a
leash when you are out or you will be climbing a tree saying come here Jazzy.
Now since you were so successful with her I'd like you to tell me where you got your flight leash, what it is called and then I want you to come up here and put it on Nila. :) I think I could probably manage the grey but no way with Nila.
And keep an eye on those bananas. Even if they spray the bushes there the bananas should be good to eat. And trust me they are delicious. Just peel first if they spray before you let Jazzy at them. They are ok to cut the whole stalk and let ripen in a shaded dry place, like a lanai or the kitchen hung over the sink.

And anytime you want a babysitter you may want to think of bringing her up to me. I could put her in the front room with the other two and I'd make sure they didn't get after each other. :D And then I'd change my phone number and my locks and pretend I never heard of Missi and I'd love that little Jazzy :P No I'd give her back, really I would.

:lol: Suuuuuee you crack me up woman!!

Yes, when ever we're outside, she has her Aviator harness on! I could not BARE to lose her :cry: I will help you put it on Nila if you want Sue, I don't mind bites :wink: It comes with a 45 minute instructional dvd as well!

Is that how you ripen bananas?! I had NO clue! I keep watching them on the tree waiting for them to turn yellow! :lol: Do you want some? Come on over and we'll harvest them together :)
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Mattls

Post by Mattls »

We haven't tried our aviator harness on ozzie yet. But we're pretty happy. $34US and free shipping. We're in australia. They shipped it to us internationally and it arrived in about 2 days via air mail for free.
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Mattls wrote:We haven't tried our aviator harness on ozzie yet. But we're pretty happy. $34US and free shipping. We're in australia. They shipped it to us internationally and it arrived in about 2 days via air mail for free.

Yayyy congrats!! Isn't dealing with the Hartman's at the Parrot University wonderful!! They're great people!
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

Hi Guys--glad your aviator harness is working out so well Missi--

Mila wore her flight suit again last night (2nd time). I am still somewhat stunned that she lets me put it on her--she doesn't love the process but I have been able to put it on her both times by myself without getting bitten!

I'll get some pic's tonight :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

That beautiful flight pic and all I can focus on is your mans feet.

I probably have OCD or some crap. Crop it for the love of GOD! :lol:

I took a pic of myself the other day and I had a street sign growing out of my head. Im TRYING to get really good at photography so I take hundreds of pics a day.

Noone else wants to play except Jared Baby and I. So we are the subjects. I got Jared the Fisher Price digi cam. Through my influence, he has taken on so many interests. I am proud of that.

Before, none of them *liked* animals, thought them to be cute but no want for them. Now, they are so sweet with the birds and stare up to them in amazement. Baby Jared will come to me (before I got him his cam) and say 'Kaela, can I use your phone to take bunches of pics of you... you purdy today.

Sweet kid, he notices my 'on days and off days'. Hey, if Im working at home all day why not sport some sexy PJ's right? (cute pants and a tank, not a cami and drawers lol) So, when I look purdy (my hair is straighten is what consitutes perdy to him) he goes to town boy.

He makes me laugh:

K Kaela now turn your head that way... right there! Er, nooo like this (he adjusts my head). I just know one day he is going to be bent down in front of a super model saying:

Yes girl! Working it mama.... thats what daddy is looking for. MMMM Hmmm. :lol:

Ok, switch topics for a moment...
if Jared is now 6 and he use to think my name was my kaela or ma kaela, we never really were sure (too cute huh hehe) will he always call me 'Kaela?

Now he understands its Mikaela but USUALLY says 'Kaela... noone else does that. He has never heard that. I dont allow my name to be messed with. My granny gave it to me.

No mik, miki, mika, kay, kayla, its is MIKAELA and I dislike it used any other way. Its all I have left of my granny.

That is his deal. Is that his pet name for me? I dont mind it with him, seems natural even. Just something I have thought about... if I will always be Jareds my kaela with the my chopped off? Or it will evolve in Mikaela, which he sometimes says when I dont give him immediate attention.
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Crop it?!! :lol: His toes are hairy (who'd have figured?! Asians aren't supposed to be hairy!), but I don't think they're that ugly?!!! :shock: :lol: