capsicum/red peppers

Moderator: Mods

ambros1a

capsicum/red peppers

Post by ambros1a »

hey :) ive been hunting around the fruit and veg sections in teh shops, finding an assortment of things my baby girl can try, wile we see what foods she likes and doesnt like.

i gave her some pear today, she loved it, ive brought some walnuts to try later, but my question is whether she can have the SEEDS from the capsicums/red or green peppers, im about to give her some of the veggie, but until i hear more on the seeds, none for her (she hasnt even gotten any tomato seeds yet lol, they fall off b4 she gets em, need to give a bigger slice i think lol)

thanks for any info, help is always appreciated
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

There is nothing Prinny adores more than ripping into a hot pepper. They can have it all...and she LOVES it

Dani
angie

Post by angie »

My birds LOVE peppers of any kind, even the hot chilli peppers, they don't feel the burn we do, no saliva and all to cause a reaction. Just don't kiss them after they have been hoeing into a chilli .. OUCH ! ! !
angie

Plus Mickey and Mallory (now placed in a new home as a breeder) the wild females, Mickey is now paired with Kai and they are about to be parronts.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Yeah watch those pepper kisses...whooowie they burn! :shock:

Dani
ambros1a

oh good!

Post by ambros1a »

great to hear, she seems to be starting to like the red caps. very weary at first, and the big red thing commin at the cage, no matter how slow i tried, caused a major freakout, she calmed down enough, i got it in there, shes had a few munches out of it it seems, but nothing like the grapes and corn etc. lol
also, can some1 plz clear me up on the lettuce issue.. some say yes, others say no, then ive read some say just not the outer leaves...urgh, conflicting or what!?!?!?!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

DARK LEAFY greens are the best...please don't feed that iceburg lettuce...all that stuff is is water. It has almost no nutritional value in it. Try not to go overboard with spinach (it causes calcium depletion or so I have read everwhere) Anything very dark and very very green is good...

Dani
Cindy

Leafy Veggies

Post by Cindy »

Ok, here is the scoop...Only lettuce they should have is Romaine...it has calcium in it and Luna/Baby love the cruchy spines...They can eat parsley, but only once a week RINSED WELL ( pesticides).. Parsley has calcium, but can also block the use of calcium, same with spinach (right now spinach is out due to e-coli inside the plant)...Cilantro is a BIG hit as its peppery, collard greens, mustard greens, KALE (VERY GOOD) big on calcium for growing birds)..beet greens and carrot tops....Now try to get organic veggies if possible. If not rinse and rinse and rinse..or use a mix of Grapefruit Seed Extract and water to rinse..GSE is excellent rinse for things you have bleached or for foods. Find it in health food stores or on line...I hang brunches of leafy stuff with a wooden cloths pin!...They foriage for it this way and will try it faster than just sitting it in a bowl....Like broccoli, I put it in between bars and clip from behind...Its like eatting from a tree.......I am going to purchase some stainless steel skewers with a screw on end to hang chucks of veggies and fruit...Something different for them to try......The following is an almost full list: kale, spinach,cilantro, beets greens and all,turnip greens,endive,chard, collard greens,mustard greens, watercress, romaine lettuce, broccoli flowers,leaves and stalks, yellow wax beans, green beans, (lima beans, pinto, kidney and all hard beans must be cooked 30 min first, To release an undigestable enzyme),sweet potatoes, yams,aspargus, carrots and tops,corn, pumpkin and seeds, squash, zucchini, mellons and seeds, apples(NO seed), pears (NO seed), oranges, berries (wash REALLY good), cherries(NO seed), kiwi, mango, papaya with seeds, pineapple,apricots (NO seed), bananas,tangelos, plums( NO seed), grapefruit,all peppers and seeds, peas and pods, scrambled egg until dry, hardboiled eggs (at least 20 mins), turkey/chicken boil, broiled, baked, fish (NO shrimp, lobster clams, oysters, etc) lean red meat cooked NO grease, NO pork: pasta, BROWN rice, whole wheat or all grain bread/toast, oatmeal, grits, cream of wheat, (cherrios, shredded wheat grape nuts; just a little of these due to iron content) POPCORN (big hit no salt/butter; cook in brown bag in micro its like hot air popping).....God my brain is tired. Hope this helps. Oh, when I say NO seeds, I mean NO seeds as they are toxic. So is Avocados, eggplant,rhubarb and tomatoe and bean PLANTS. No moldy nuts, as mold is aflatoxin.
Cindy M. and the Flock of 8
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Excellent post Cindy...great list for us to refer too!

Dani