Talkers...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Talkers...

Post by Mikaela »

Many of us have babys that are just now speaking. I want to do an unoffical poll:

Does your bird speak? And about how many words/phrases

How old is your bird?

Do you talk to your bird alot, about equal to what you would a new born or more?

And most impotantly:

Do you know of a bird that once spoke but one day decided it wasnt for them and stopped? If so, what do you believe the catalyst for the speach ceasing actually was?

Thanks ya'll, this will help me tons. So many people ask two questions to me in PM. Is this a boy and will they ever stop talking is they ever start.
This poll are for parronts with both talkers and non-talkers. All info is welcome!
I dont want to bullshit my way through answers, I wont so I need your help here.

Thanks.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Yep and she won't be quiet! I'd say she's working with 30 or 40 words...doesn't say them all the time but I'd say that's what she knows

How old is your bird?

One year and a handful of months

Do you talk to your bird alot, about equal to what you would a new born or more?

Um...I'd say I talk to Prinny a lot...more so than I would a new born...I think

And most impotantly:

Do you know of a bird that once spoke but one day decided it wasnt for them and stopped? If so, what do you believe the catalyst for the speach ceasing actually was?

Yep...my friend's amazon Sparky. He was the most chattering thing you ever saw but one day he just up and quit. Still won't utter a word. Does not practice in private...I don't know what his problem was.

Dani
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

yep, he sure does! He is always askin "watcha doin?" Louis!, baaaaby, laughs, makes kissing sounds, attempts to say dupa! lol, and I love you. He's got a few others i can't make out.

How old is your bird?4

Do you talk to your bird alot, about equal to what you would a new born or more?I chatter to him all the time

And most impotantly:

Do you know of a bird that once spoke but one day decided it wasnt for them and stopped? If so, what do you believe the catalyst for the speach ceasing actually was?uh i don't have a clue. lol

Thanks ya'll, this will help me tons. So many people ask two questions to me in PM. Is this a boy and will they ever stop talking is they ever start.
This poll are for parronts with both talkers and non-talkers. All info is welcome!
I dont want to bullshit my way through answers, I wont so I need your help here
~the stubborn one~
kimtoo

Re: Talkers...

Post by kimtoo »

Mikaela wrote:Many of us have babys that are just now speaking. I want to do an unoffical poll:

yes, Have not had her that long...so far, 3-4 phrases, maybe 10-12 words

How old is your bird?

don't know, found her about 6 weeks ago

yes

And most impotantly:

no....

I dont want to bullshit my way through answers, I wont so I need your help here.

Thanks.
surferdon

Post by surferdon »

Yes My dude just started a week ago. He/she says hello and good boy

How old is your bird?
Dude is 13 months

Not really, I find with my busy schedule I am often doing something while spending time with my fids. Like now!!!

Dani that was a smart way to answer the post. I love people who use what God gave them :P
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I try hard surfer... :wink:

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Kick ****, hoped ya'll would run with this because these too are the questions I am always asked. I havent a crystal ball up my butt... I dont know if your bird will talk. I didnt know if my bird would talk.

When your bird doesnt feel well, I cant always tell you exactly why, only help you through it. I cant tell you why my bird doesnt feel well somedays other than they are alive and being alive means some days suck.

Some think being Site Admin. means I'm in a lab somewhere doing ringneck research to know everything. And if I dont, well daggone it, I should! Impossible. Unfair expectations. Im not upset, just making a stand and making myself very clear.

Do I expect anyone to know penal codes and death taxes? Im not arrogent enough to think I know everything so dont put that pressure on me people. Im over that. This is a team effort. I dont know everything but I know what I know and I have an awesome bird.

Lastly, I cant DNA with my eyes and wont. Why? Because I dont speculate. As a former attorney, Im about facts, not fantasies and I dont sugar coat. Im not here to tell you what you want to hear in regards to the sex of your bird. The best you'll get from me is: In my opinion, according to what I know and have seen, you might have a girl/boy. Hardly and answer. Why? Because you cant answer a question without facts. The fact is, Im not Dr. Dolittle.

Being able to tell members to type in 'talkers' will make our life easier. Dats what Im here fo. :lol:

Dont read too much passion into this post. There isnt that much there but reading it, seems as if there is. Im a passionate person and it comes through so Im not bitching at ya'll AT ALL. This is only about me and others expectations of me. I love every one of you.

But in NO WAY is this post meant to make you think any questions are annoying. Ask until your fingers hurt. Its about the bird.
~ Mikaela Sky

surferdon

Post by surferdon »

You should make a new section, like the video or lounge, to write about called "what Should I expect". It seems to me there is enough questions about what might or could happen with our fids. And this bit about talking should be a sticky!
I think there are only some things you can learn that only have black and white aspects to them, like touching a hot stove will burn you, sometimes experience is the only way to expand your thoughts about the things that have the grey area included.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Youre right... I just made a topic sticky the other day. I want to be more personal than that but GRRrrrr.

Why does my bird bite me? Because its a bird and not a kitten and you havent trained it otherwise. Thats not going to get them to train their bird though, ya know.

*mumbles stuff under her breath*

Yeah, sticky topics are not a bad idea.
~ Mikaela Sky

surferdon

Post by surferdon »

thats funny !!!! I think Im gonna go get a kitten then, my figers are tired of getting bit... lol

:lol:
Mattls

Re: Talkers...

Post by Mattls »

Mikaela wrote:Many of us have babys that are just now speaking. I want to do an unoffical poll:

NO. Just started "toning" the syllables to Hello. Also mimics our laugh.
How old is your bird? 12 months old

Do you talk to your bird alot, about equal to what you would a new born or more? Less, but I'm not that talkative. She has a vocal CD that plays on and off for about an hour a day.

And most impotantly:

Nope.

Sunni pretty much only bites me after she gives me lots of warnings: eye pinning, hissing and lunging, and that's only during this molting period or if she's in a bad mood.