Birdie on the shoulder

Moderator: Mods

Birdie on the shoulder

Post by Guest »

Do you allow your IRN on your shoulder?
janew

bird on shoulder

Post by janew »

now and again but not regular,I encourage the arm,but she likes to preen my hair so sometimes she sneaks up especially if hair is wet.
tayloraj23

Post by tayloraj23 »

Yes, I allow him to get on my shoulder as long as he behaves. If he doesnt get off when I want him to, he gets in trouble, and isnt allowed up there for the rest of the day, which has only happened twice. He is very good about doing what I want him too. He is well behaved! ;)
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I allow mine up there but only if she behaves. The minute she gets fiesty off she goes...I let my ekkie Bodi there too...I really don't have to worry too much with him though

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

No, I find it very annoying.
~ Mikaela Sky

angie

Post by angie »

Yes on the shoulder, aswell only if they behave. Jordan rides on me around the house as I do EVERYTHING ! so he is use to it.
angie

Plus Mickey and Mallory (now placed in a new home as a breeder) the wild females, Mickey is now paired with Kai and they are about to be parronts.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I'd just as soon have a Bob cat up there. Er, cant stand it. Damn claws all up and around my neck. Naw, I dun like it. :cry:

I cant see him, to see what he is thinking either, which I also dont like. If he bows down, he is about to bolt (so rarely).

'Stay Baby' and he stands back up. I cant see that if he is on my shoulder.

He knows 'No' and does the contact call everytime he hears it. Dont talk back to me! It is actually funny though. Hates to be told no. Only time he contact calls is to talk back to me for not getting what he wants.

He waddles backwards away from what he isnt allowed to be near doing the call. Brat.
~ Mikaela Sky

Pommeraniac

Shoulder

Post by Pommeraniac »

I let both my birds on my shoulder. My cockatiel will fly from his cage to land on my shoulder. My ringneck has clipped wings but he loves to sit on my shoulder. Never had an issue, other than playing with my hoop earrings.
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

Yea, I let Jia sit on my shoulder. But as soon as he misbehave he has to leave. Usually he don't do anything wrong sitting on my shoulder but if he as much as think of bite my ear I shake my shoulder so he flies away. He doesn't like that så mostly he behave :D
Pamela with 2 budgies, 2 tiels and a baby Indian Ringneck named Jia
Melika

Post by Melika »

No, he likes to bite off my hair and trim my ears. He just gets so cocky when he's allowed on my shoulder!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Peanut

bird on my shoulder:reply

Post by Peanut »

I allow my cockatail on my shoulder, because thats her favorite place, my IRN doesn't really like shoulders. He would rather be held on your hands
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Yes I do allow Gilbert on my shoulder. He likes to 'snuggle' under my chin and fall asleep. He loves to 'tickle' my ears by nibbling them. But if he bites he's off straight back to his cage and ignored for 5 -10 mins. He's getting the idea.
Newbirdmom

Post by Newbirdmom »

I wont let any bird at all. May knows it and some times she tries but I take her off. I just don't like the feeling.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I second that.
~ Mikaela Sky

CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

Magellan is perfectly happy to sit on my shoulder all day & I am happy to have her there cuz I know exactly what she is up to (even when it is chewing my hair or earrings)
MCS
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I think thats what gets to me second... after the feeling of the claws... chewing on my jewelry and pooing in my hair.

My hair is bout to my butt so if they poo, Im done. :oops:
~ Mikaela Sky

CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

I sorta think Magellan is trying to be helpful and remove those very very blonde hairs (who says I am in denial) around my temples
MCS
Shikoba's Mommy

Post by Shikoba's Mommy »

Shikoba is allowed on my shoulder but very rarely stays there, she likes to be on top of my head picking at my hair or on my hand having me scratch her head.
stephenn XD

Post by stephenn XD »

i allow venus on my shoulder. she doesnt misbehave at all. she likes to sit there while i wlak around the house and do chores, etc. but when im siting still or standing still, shell fly off to her rope perch we hang off the cieling in the back room. :P
Aves

Post by Aves »

Levi is either up on my shoulder or out playing whenever I'm home. She is so well behaved and loves to cuddle up close under your chin or play with your hair. She never bites hard and if she does start to try to bite at my ears I can usually give her a simple "quit it" and she stops. I can't imagine coming home from work and not having her on my shoulder for a good hour or so... She's my cuddle bird. My cockatiel is similar... both of them love to cuddle and I like having them near me.
"You remain responsible, forever for what you have tamed"
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

cookie likes to sit on my head luckily he has never done a poo in my hair, he isn't allowed on my shoulder the temptation to bite my ear is to much for him
Klaatu

Post by Klaatu »

:lol: I let Klaatu do anything he wants. He likes it on my shoulder.
Gort, Klaatu Barada Nikto
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Amazon sits on the shoulder, he is pretty good at sitting there and just going with the flow, he has learnt how to annoy mummy, by undoing my earrings and thinks its a great game:P
Sharlene and Amazon
leo

Post by leo »

i read some parrot book that it is a BIG no NO to let them sit on the soulder...i did not know to what extent the truth is...anyway...i let tango sit on my shoulder sometimes...but sometimes he bite my ear...ang he will stright away go down if his beak touch my hair( last time he swallow a hair and it stuck in his throad for a few days)...so, i dont wan that to happen again
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

Gigi bird is allowed on my shoulder as long a he behaves. He doesn't bite but will walk right over to my ear, stick his beak in and screech. LOL If he only does it once, it ok. Just him saying hello. More than once and I feel like my head is going to explode and off he goes!
bec

Post by bec »

i wish mine would get that close!!!!!!
but riku sometime waddles over my shoulder if its between her & food! :lol:
Bella

Post by Bella »

Billy is ALWAYS on my shoulder when i walk around. He doesnt bite my ear but he did in the begining now he just humps me and tries to feed my ear :roll:
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
bec

Post by bec »

oooh billy!
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

I tried (and failed) to train Charlie Parker to stay below my elbow after reading that it was a bad idea to let him up, and now we're both used to him living on my shoulder, where he rubs his head on my beard and likes to gently nibble on my ear. The only problem is when he gets excited and talks too loudly or if I'm wearing an old shirt with any holes or frayed ends which he will immediately go to work enlarging. He's very good about warning me when he needs to take a restroom break.
bec

Post by bec »

skeet loves my shoulder she snuggles under chin and from their she can protect me from the evil mills&boons
Dolphinheart

Post by Dolphinheart »

I let my baby sit on my shoulder - again only if she is good which she is at the moment

Siren has turned a little tasty and wont sit on my hand without drawing blood let alone going anywhere near my head/face-lol
squeeko

Shoulder

Post by squeeko »

I go for walks with mine on my shoulder. She loves it. If i start running she flaps her wings as if she is pretending to fly. She also does that when she is in the car with the window down slightly. I think she loves the feel of the wind under her wings. Only thing she does to annoy me when on my shoulder is to try and remove my sunglasses. But i think its amusing as well.
Buttercup..Eeek! Eeek!
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

I am sorry but I am one of those people who is deathly afraid of getting a home made ear peircing. I nvr let Talon on my shoulder, and I have always been taught that allowing a bird on your should tells the bird he is more superior (However true that may be... Everyone has their own methods)
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Yes, I allow it. :o
dduncan

IRN on my shoulder

Post by dduncan »

I always allow my IRN to go to my shoulder. He helps me eat breakfast from there. We share cereal every morning and watch the birds out the back door. :lol: dduncan

Jazzy(new nickname for my Jasper)always sits on my shoulder. I just do not like when he screeches in my ear. I then put him back on his cage, which is what he usually wants anyhow. Screech is deafening. He nibbles my hair, but has never bit me. He sometimes allows me to rub my face on his chest. He does kiss me, and nibble my nose sometimes.
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

We have had Zazu for almost a month now. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the shoulder thing. It turns out I just don't like it.
Allie
skittles

Skittles won't have it any other way!

Post by skittles »

Skittles will go back to her cage and sulk if I don't let her on my shoulder!
Skittles and her mommy
dduncan

Post by dduncan »

Hi everyone. I am thrilled to say that my Jasper(jazzy) has finally flew from one room to the next just to land on my shoulder. This is a first for him. He has tried and tried. Now he thinks he is cool(which he is), and tries everytime we are eating.
Also, he is finally done molting. Was in a snit for awhile. Guess it made him irritable. Now he has all his feathers again, except the tail feathers. He looks like a little bird again.
He and I are really starting to bond. He is still not sure he likes my hubby. Poor guy.
Diane
Hi,
This is my 2yr. 3mo old Jasper(Jazzy). He is a real sweetheart most of the time. He loves to talk and whistle, and yes, Screech at times. We are getting to understand each other. He is my only pet.
3tiels&aringneck

Post by 3tiels&aringneck »

Yes Bullet will sit on my shoulder, especially in the early evening. He/She likes to get cuddled into my hair and will go to sleep. I'm a little nervous b/c at the present time, he/she is going through the bluffing stage. If he acts up on my shoulder, I try to then keep him on my fingers.

Wendy
Image Bullet
Image mikey (white) and joey (blue)
PythonzEve

Re:

Post by PythonzEve »

angie wrote:Yes on the shoulder, aswell only if they behave. Jordan rides on me around the house as I do EVERYTHING ! so he is use to it.
I don't let mine on the shoulder yet, but I've only had him for a couple of weeks and want to train him a bit more before I let him hang up there. I saw a birdie shawl in one of these posts that looked neat that I may get later...

And Angie, the name Kai rocks! Where did you come up with that name? My son's name is Kai, it is Japanese for Ocean and he was born in Japan, so there's that explanation :)
Jessica

If one refuses to learn and maintains a closed mind, one is thus trapped from the procession of life in their own archaic self-imprisonment. -Jessica McNeely

Because my Rice Crispies told me to! -Unknown

NatalieM

Re: Birdie on the shoulder

Post by NatalieM »

Mine's claws are still waay to sharp. I am hoping to put him on my shoulder when he get;s a bit older.
ciqala20

Post by ciqala20 »

mine sitson my shoulder. flaps when se wants to go to her room, has nibbled my ear but i was nor sure if sews gonna bite me so i would move my head( she only does this when i am wearing my dove earrings). she will sit on my hand only if i am petting her
MystikNZ

Post by MystikNZ »

yes I let on shoulder so far & is good :)
Steph & "Ash" - Nelson, New Zealand
sparklingseas

Post by sparklingseas »

My IRN is a baby ( 3 months old) and still quite timid, so no shoulder for him
My half moon conure sits on my shoulder for hours as I work in my art studio.
She is well behaved.
clawnz

Post by clawnz »

Yes I allow both Dexter and Mango on my shoulders.
Valeria

Post by Valeria »

Yes of course
MissK

Post by MissK »

Nope.

-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
fionalouise1989

Post by fionalouise1989 »

I always have mine on my shoulder lol I have a designated poo tshirt :P if it was bitey though I'd soon put a stop to it but for now happy to let it shoulder surf :)

Fi
Fidgit_Green

Post by Fidgit_Green »

i have Fidgit on my shoulder all the time.
i started from the time he was old enough to sit there without falling off.
but i wanted a bird that would sit there and go everywhere with me, after about a week around the house when i knew he was comfortable there, i started going out with him there so that he could start getting used to stuff going on around us.
i have a problem with him every so often with playing up, but he is usually pretty good.
although the poop does bug me a little bit, but that all part an parcel really.

Cheers
Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup »

No shoulder for my birds. My favourite place is my left arm, Coco sits there, and I can work with him on my left arm. If I need to use my arm I will put him on my shoulder just for a short while and take him off. Coco has never bitten me, so I am comfortable that my ear won't get bitten, but I would never put a ringneck on my shoulder. I can't see whether he intends biting or not :lol: and i'm too scared of bites.

Ash