NUTS.???

Moderator: Mods

rexy70

NUTS.???

Post by rexy70 »

my IRN hodgie loves his treats. previous owner gave store bought treats commercailly made
i like to feed more natural foods fruit veg etc, he screams when he runs out of his treats.
was wondering if someone could tell me what type of nuts can ringnecks eat. im sure he would love them.and also is dried fruit ok for them too???
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Any nut I think? but watch out for some fruit seeds, they are not good. Dried fruit is good, but watch out for preservatives and all those chemicals used in store bought dried fruit. Better to make your own. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

My birds love their fruit and nut mix, all natural unsalted of course, apple seeds are a big no no. But my babies absolutely adore dried out, melon seeds, from honey dew or rockmelon, scoop them out into a seive, wash and take away the pulp, dry them out and they make wonderful treats, my birds will do anything to get to the jar with the red lid, it contains the dried melon seeds :wink: Great for training :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

rexy70

Post by rexy70 »

awsome thanks guys. my babies love their dried fruit too, thats good aboutt he nuts im sure hodgie will love them. i need a good healthy tasty treat to bribe (i mean tempt him)..lol
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Don’t forget to try raw almonds! Archimedes goes nuts for those, get it? Ha ha ha! Just kidding! :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

Back to your question though--you can use any kinds of nuts or dried fruits. The best choice would be all natural and preservative free; however a few will not hurt if you plan to give them as treats. If you plan to incorporate them into the diet daily—go ahead and buy all natural dried fruits. Nuts that are raw can easily be located at a supermarket and as a previous member posted – stay away from excessive salt.

Hope this helps,

Imran Chaudhry
Last edited by ringneck on Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

You make me feel much better Imran -- everytime I see this title, I want to answer....

:lol: YES OF COURSE I AM!! 8)

and yes, the fids like most any kind of raw nut that I give them!
MCS
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

LoL!!!! You are too funny CatsChair! But i'll second that cause i am nuts too! :wink:
:lol:

Imran Chaudhry
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

You two honestly !

-----

:shock: :shock: I was searching for a nutty face image to put here, but look what came up on the google image search, when I put in "nuts" :shock:

Sorry I just had to post it :shock:

:oops:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

LoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :wink:

That's too funny!