CAN ANYONE ANSWER MY "ORNALYTE" QUESTION?

Moderator: Mods

donna/wisconsin

CAN ANYONE ANSWER MY "ORNALYTE" QUESTION?

Post by donna/wisconsin »

I'm not sure if that is just a brand name. But it's the stuff you put in the water for their transition home, for stressful periods.

I'm just not sure how long to continue putting it in the water.
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I would say if your bird doesnt look stressed you can stop now..

I've never heard of the stuff and most people probably dont even use it. So chances are your bird doesnt need it at all. You shouldnt really put stuff in your birds water unless told to by a vet.
Ed Loschi

look at the ingrediaents list and do a google search of them

Post by Ed Loschi »

I can't say I know anything about the product. Can you start researching it ? Maybe look at the ingrediaents list and do a google search of each of them and also talk with an avian vet and with long standing bird owners about the product.
I lean to not using meds on me or mine--prefer talk, heavy petting...hehehe.
julie

Post by julie »

if it was me asking this question and no-one on here knew what it was i would stop using it immediatly.
Carly

Post by Carly »

out of curiosity i just googled to find out what it is https://www.petdiscounters.com/product. ... 309&page=1.

its just an electrolyte replacement (think glucodin or gatorade). Yes you can use it if the bird is ill, injured etc (we used to use similar products for injured wildlife). Theres no harm in stopping it unless your bird needs it for some reason (ie its sick, malnourished or injured). its probably something you didnt really need in the first place, but your petstore probably thought it would be a few extra bucks.

Its always good to check though, but really the only thing you would have to worry about would be if its an antibiotic (ie oxymav), than you shouldnt stop using it until the course is completed (but you would know this if it was antibiotic because your vet would have given it to you).