I lost fiona

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

fiona

I lost fiona

Post by fiona »

Last night i put ladders from the cofee table(where her play area is) to the floor and from her cage to the floor. That way when she wanted to go back she wouldn't try to fly and send millet shells and other debri flying all over the place. Well, today I opened her cage like normal and went about my business. I was in my room on the computer, when I heard her whistle. :) I went out there and she was on top of the cage and stepped right up (It's rare that she wants my attention, but she's done this a couple other times). I took her into my bedroom and continued messing on the computer. She was sitting on the chair, but eventually went to the floor and started playing around. My back was turned to her, but I could hear her moving around. I heard her wings flutter(her wings are clipped) and a few seconds later I turned around and she was nowhere to be seen. :? I looked under the bed and under the dresser I looked in every nook and cranny in my room. I kept calling her name.I mean, I've lost track of little lizards before, but a BIRD?! :roll: Anyway, I listened very carefully, and did not hear a sound. Finally, I went out to the living room and there was Fiona sitting in her cage. :shock: she was only "missing" for probably about 1 min. (it felt like forever) and granted I do live in an apt. But she had to have moved fast and surely I would have heard her. She must've ran right out and up the ladder on her cage! And the ladders are new. She had to have known exactly what she was doing and didn't think about it twiceand she was probably laughing at me on the inside calling her name over and over. Sometime she's so smart it makes me laugh.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Whoa talk about giving me a heart attack! I thought you meant she flew away or *knock on wood* died! Prinny gets herself into some pretty silly things...I've lost her too. :wink:

Dani
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

I thougth also she had flew away :shock: You can´t scare us like that :wink:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I admit that I have lost every single one of my kids at some point (be it for 10 seconds I cant find them with my eyes at Busch Gardens or whatever) AND I too have lost Baby. :oops:

But see... the way I see it it they lost themselves... I just wasnt paying good enough attention. Phft, and to think we are trying to bare another one. HA!

If a mama says 'never happened to me' bullshit. We all lose our kids from our eyesight to find them playing innocently in their only little world. Same goes for Baby so I just made the house as safe as possible and TRY not to let her get too far beause its impossible to make a house safe.

Main thing with Baby is he eats everything, any little speck he finds on the floor.
~ Mikaela Sky

fiona

Post by fiona »

I'm lucky about that! Fiona eats about any kind of bird food (every store she was at fed her something different), But she won't eat fresh foods ar anything else very readily.