When to introduce fresh veggies and fruit??

Moderator: Mods

Nonnie

When to introduce fresh veggies and fruit??

Post by Nonnie »

Hey guys!! Tahj is doing great he is the best baby. other than acting like he is gonna bite you when you go to get hime lol. I was wondering How young is too young to introduce fresh veggies and fruit?? My lovebird Tink hates them still tryin on her though. I am still handfeeding Tahj although he is eating more and more seed. I want to get him on a good diet. When should I give him some and what should I try first and one more question lol how should I give it to him?? Thank you soo much!!!
julie

Post by julie »

hi i dont know if you ended up finding answers to your questions.if not there is a thread in breeding section about how to wean the youngens.i hope this helps you out.
Nonnie

Post by Nonnie »

I started giving him some already he has rufused his feedings. So far I have fed him birdie bread, pasta, apple, pineapple, blueberry, bannana, need to get the veggies going though. This morning he ate oatmeal, mashed bannana and mashed pineapple. It was really good. I ate what I didnt put in his bowl. I always make too much. But I love watching him eat because makes me feel good to see him enjoy soo much you know? Like when Trinity was a baby I used to love watching her also. Thanks again hugggzzz
berrynice
Member on Probation

Post by berrynice »

Because Bhanu is such a bossy cow and Azzy gives in I use a stainless steel bowl for one lot of fruit and veg and a kabob (stainless steel stick with wind on end) for the other. On the kabob I just thread everything on. Apple, carrot, sweetcorn wheels, chillipeppers, asian greens, orange (occaisionally), broccoli, snow peas and my own pellet based biccies. Whatever is in season and freash. So far my guys love everything. At what age? I haven't had a real baby so I guess I'm not qualified to answer that, but...I'd suggest introducing small amounts of everything. Shoot me down if I'm wrong. Just remember the vital no no of advocado.
Nonnie

Post by Nonnie »

SAy no to avacado!! lol Thank you hun! thats a good idea with the kabob thingy need to try it. He is loving everything I give him. Just went and got some more fruits and veggies and whole wheat tortillas not gonna give alot just toast a peice and see if he likes. Im all new at this. Its been great to watch him eat though. He still makes his baby sounds and bobs his head when eating soo cute wish I knew how to download video. Huggzzz and thanks again for the idea!! :D